McCain, Obama Tag Team Hillary

4/21/2008 5:37 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

First wrestlers got into politics (Jesse Ventura, anyone?) -- now politicians are getting into wrestling. And it's on TV tonight.

Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama and John McCain each taped a short video that will be played during tonight's show. It's hard to figure out which one comes across more out of touch -- Hillary (calling herself "Hill-Rod"), Barack ("Can you smell what Barack is cooking!") or McCain (calling his backers "McCainiacs").

If Hillary takes on The Undertaker, our money's on Hil.

OCD

Actually I do read. I even check to make sure that the sources have validity. So Colin Powell is a liar and everyone else is....what?

snopes.com

Claim: Quotes reproduce statements made by Democratic leaders about Saddam Hussein's acquisition or possession of weapons of mass destruction.

Status: True.

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line."
President Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998.

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
President Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998.

"Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face."
Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998.

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983."
Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs."
Letter to President Clinton, signed by Sens. Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, and others Oct. 9, 1998.

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998.

"Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies."
Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999.

"There is no doubt that . Saddam Hussein has reinvigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies."
Letter to President Bush, Signed by Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL,) and others, Dec, 5, 2001.

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and the means of delivering them."
Sen. Carl Levin (d, MI), Sept. 19, 2002.

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."
Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002.

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."
Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002.

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seing and developing weapons of mass destruction."
Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002.

"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..."
Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002.

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force — if necessary — to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security."
Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002.

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years . We also should remember we have alway s underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."
Sen. Jay Rockerfeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002,

"He has systematically violated, over the course of the past 11 years, every significant UN resolution that has demanded that he disarm and destroy his chemical and biological weapons, and any nuclear capacity. This he has refused to do."
Rep. Henry Waxman (D, CA), Oct. 10, 2002.

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile deliv

Fan Since 2007!!!

Poster 8:06 p.m.

Sorry, fell asleep there..Say that again..?

Fan Since 2007!!!

Didn't mean you OCD...

At least you're relevant...

OC Get A Life

Sorry, OCD, it took me a while to stop laughing, do you really think that anyone beyond the Bush administration and the intellectually and morally vacant adherents to the Coulter, Hannity, Likmabugh, and Bolton blogs would utilize the alleged evidence that you have posted?

Where is the evidence, the hard evidence of weapons of mass destruction, the ties to 9-11, to Osama Bin Ladin?

There are none, there never were none, and there never will be any. GW Bush will retire to the life of a millionaire playboy as will the bulk of his administration, and Iraqi's those that are still alive will for generations live in abject poverty. And, then there are the dead, wounded, and crippled US and Allied service personnel.

But, why bring facts into the argument OCD when you have done so much "reading" you do not need to actually volunteer and go over to Iraq in uniform and serve for something you so clearly believe is a moral and intellectual certainty.

There will be a reckoning for this perhaps not in the Hague because GW Bush and Clinton refuses to sign onto the charter but at some point in this life or the next those responsible for this crime against humanity will stand for judgement.

OCD

Sorry guys, I should have added the comment that I was responding to. Actually, I was responding to the comment where Colin Powell was called a "liar" because he "lied" about there being a definite concern about Saddam's "weapons of mass destruction".

It was obviously a concern (by all political parties) long before 9/11, although these quotes are strictly from the Democratic arena. There are also many quotes by Republicans, but to reprint them would be redundant.

To say that it is a "Republican" lie or a lie directly attributable to Colin Powell was a bit unfair. The concern was raised during Mr. Clinton's presidency and has become a partisan whipping ploy. Either he did or did not have the ability to make and store WMD or he did not. The intelligence and apparatus was apparently there, and seems to be one issue that both parties agreed upon once upon a time. Imminent danger to lives both in the United States and others who did not hold his beliefs.

I'm not saying that Clinton started the frenzy. There was reason for concern as intelligence was gathered. The potential was there and it was a serious topic long before Bush ever entered the White House and long before 9/11. To say otherwise is partisan and a rewriting of history for the benefit of political strategy.

fuds

Hillary will win cause she plays by no rules...fights dirty...and is a bitch on top of that

OC Get A Life

Rule of debt, from first year lawschool, OCD, when proven to be a completely uniformed partisan parrot, simply lay down your proverbial sword and retire. To start to utilize the Coulteresque tactic of blaming the other side or attempting to utilize a succession of painfully stretched logic is not only pitiful but just palin silly.

The Bush Administration lied, they have been caught at it by the WORLD, and millions have paid the price.

End of the "freedome fry" story, sorry you joined the wrong team.

OCD

To # 49 "Excellent OCD"

"There are none and there never were none." I find that statement to be a bit naive. The UN itself decided there was cause for concern and inspections in Iraq. The U.S. (and other countries, don't forget) was not allowed to go into Iraq by the U.N. just for a "looky-loo".

Just because Osama bin Laden cannot be located doesn't mean he is a figment of anyone's imagination, be they Democrat or Republican. Saddam didn't line up the Kurds and simply shoot them. They were systematically slaughtered by both bullets and chemical weapons a.k.a "weapons of mass destruction". All of those Kurds and other members of religious and political opposition didn't go "toes up" because they caught the flu.

The reason I'm not on the front lines is because I'm too old. But I have stayed awake long hours waiting for relatives, friends and sons and daughters of relatives and friends to come home. Some have made it back. Some haven't. But they all lived or died knowing that they were fighting for our safety and freedom. They are (or were) both Democrat and Republican. But to a man/woman, they all believed in preserving life and freedom. Both here in the U.S. and the innocent lives on foreign soil.

You don't have to agree with me (and wouldn't it be a boring world if we all did?). I find it interesting that you have tagged me as a Republican. I actually go both ways politically speaking. : )

Being strictly partisan isn't going to solve anything and it tends to hide truths on both sides.

Jay is #1

As long as that lying bitch Hillary can keep the voters sidetracked and tied up with "the kitchen sink" strategy against Obama, then she can hide behind a smoke screen and not answer questions about the real problems facing Americans right now. Last weeks ABC debate was a joke. Holding Obama accountable for everything that everyone else had done is ridiculous. We all know people from work, school, etc...that we hang out with or have socialized with, that we wouldn't want to be blamed for what they do in their personal lives once they clock out from work. Obama is being held responsible for what all these other people have said, and it's a conspiracy that Clinton cooked up to detract the voters from voting for him. If anyone falls for anything the LYING CLINTON'S say, they are stupid. The Clinton's are dishonest and will run over anyone who gets in their way. They have no personal integrity or honor. They only care about power.

John William Filipski

I think you meant to say more fake? Not faker. I guess not everyone was blessed with intelligence.

just wondering

hI OCD ...as usual I enjoy ur posts...but whew...I care alot abt American politics but I'd be in over my head contributing to this conversation...just thought I'd say hi .

sarah

GO HILARY! SHE OVERY QUALIFIES SO STOP HATIN'. IF SHE DOESNT WIN WERE ALL DOOMED. OBAMA WANTS ONE WORLD NATION. JUST LOOK AT HIM HE'S NUTS!

OCD

Why, hey there, jr.

I'm just sitting here running down the middle of the road, trying to make sense of it all. That's probably not going to happen in my lifetime. I'll keep trying to staunch the flames on both sides so that we can work together to finally accomplish something. I always try to respond to legitimate questions with what I hope are legitimate responses.

It sometimes is frustrating when people try to piss in my ear because they think my brain is on fire. I hear what they are saying, but if they have to spit whilst getting it said, I tend to turn a deaf (often pissed in, or pissed at ear) since I'm hearing less logic than vitriol.

But that's just me and I'm a cranky fart at times. Hah-hah!

Twinker

#40...Geeze take some Xanax and Vicodin bought over the internet and wash it down with some cheap vodka for Chrissakes....

just wondering

OCD...I haven't read enough of the postings to comment...but all I need to see is OCD and I get a fast ( well in this case , a more lengthy than usual) summation of what is going on !! hahahaha....don't see u around often, then again...u r looking for relevance of responding...and I agree, it can be hard to find for months now!!!!! hahahaha....but I still have chuckles piddling around this site, although I have been a little risque bringing out my name again!!! hahaha...take care..p.s...I never miss ur posting!!!!