Billy Blanks' Wife Kickboxes Him to the Curb

4/23/2008 8:12 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Gayle Blanks has filed for legal separation from her husband, Tae Bo creator Billy Blanks. The reason for the separation? Tae Bo is no longer relevant ... just kidding, it's "irreconcilable differences."
Click to view docs
The fit couple, who have been married since 1974, met in a karate class. They have two kids -- one of whom, Billy Jr., tried to invent something called "Cardioke."

experience

On the contrary... I think there's a good bit of bitterness, envy and ego writing going on here... and it's not Billy Blanks' Anyone who would write that they contributed to Billy's success by appearing in his first set of videos is reaching pretty far. Last I checked... although I admit it's been a few years... Billy Blanks created Tae-Bo, trademarked it, taught it, taught his instructors how to teach it... and worked his tail off to sell it. I believe it's fair to say that Billy Blanks and the companies that have created and marketed the product over the years are responsible for its success. Further, I would find it comical... if it wasn't so malicious... that anyone would say that Billy "laid pipe" while traveling the U.S. and Europe. I was there... during that time it was my job to be there... and NEVER... NEVER once did I witness an inclination, let alone act of Billy being inappropriate to anyone. In my experience he was an honorable man during extraordinary times.

beenontheotherside

RG, Experience and the rest of the Billy Groupies - I have known the Blanks family since 1990 when my son started taking Tae Kwon Do at Billy's studio upstairs and in the back on Ventura and Beverly Glen. I began taking Kaerobics shortly thereafter - that was what it was called before TaeBo. Billy had to change the name because a man back east had named it that first. When I first started taking Kaerobics, I too was enamored of Billy, and at that time he was already having an affair with a woman at the gym. Unfortunately, Gayle knew and it was a very difficult time for her. Since that time I personally saw Billy have affair after affair. So, RG, if you want dates and times, I know it began in the summer of 1990 and continued thereafter at regular intervals up until the present time. And remember something else RG, Billy can only sue someone for libel based on these blogs, slander is for the spoken word, these words are written. Additionally, Billy can only sue if the writings are false and Hon, I can guarantee you, these writings are true, true, true.

beenontheotherside

RG, Experience, et al. - There is not bitterness here, no need for attention, these are merely the facts as seen and experienced firsthand. They may be hard for you to get your minds around, but that is because you are still placing Billy on a pedastal. His ego is totally out-of-control, he thinks that God/Jesus is speaking through him - YIKES - and he stays that way because of people such as yourselves.

experience

Hard to imagine how taking classes from Billy Blanks places anyone on the other side... and a groupie I have never been. That being said... my best wishes do go out to Billy, Gayle and their children during what I'm sure is a very difficult time. Again, in my experience during times of great demand and tribulation... Billy, Gayle and Shellie have always handled themselves with grace, dignity and compassion... I'm sure this time shall be no different.

beenontheotherside

Experience - I guess because you allegedly had a job working with Billy that you know all. If you had been around and working with Billy or at Billy's, you would know how he intermingled the gym experience with his family's private life. You would also be aware of the fact that there were many involved in the development, trademarking and marketing of "TaeBo," not just Billy, Gayle and Shellie. You would also know how Billy took advantage of those who helped him and would then ultimately sue them in order to recoup any monies he might have paid them. For years my family was involved in representing Billy in the pursuit of his acting career, so please do not attempt to talk down to me - you have experienced far too little and know little of what you speak - but thanks for playing.

Rg

beenontheotherside so do you want a metal? But like I said before, why is this your business? You need some grown up to do.

Yes, Billy can sue anybody who said anything about him but do you have what it takes to write your name, so he can sue you ha ha. Imagine that! I believe that if you want to accuse Billy of anything you should have the guts to write your name if not you are a coward. I personally don't care who he sleept with but his family do and you are cruel to make them suffer with your comments.

According to Wikepedia:

In law, defamation (also called vilification, slander, and libel) is the communication of a statement that makes a false claim, expressively stated or implied to be factual, that may give an individual, business, product, group, government or nation a negative image. Slander refers to a malicious, false, and defamatory statement or report, while libel refers to any other form of communication such as written words or images. Most jurisdictions allow legal actions, civil and/or criminal, to deter various kinds of defamation and retaliate against groundless criticism. Related to defamation is public disclosure of private facts which arises where one person reveals information which is not of public concern, and the release of which would offend a reasonable person....... look it up

Have you ever asked yourself?

RG BACK THE F... OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

beenontheotherside

RG - Read you own entries - you stated that he should sue for SLANDER - that's the spoken word. The words you refer to are written, therefore he would sue for LIBEL - the written word. And as I stated before, he can sue if the words are untrue, and they are, in fact TRUE. Accordingly, if he sued anyone for libel he could then be sued for malicious prosecution. In the future I would suggest sparring with someone who isn't going to kick your uneducated ass. Also, try using a real dictionary instead of an on-line site that anyone can add a definition to.

Trust me, I've told Billy all of this to his face and I've also consoled his wife because of his classless behavior so get over your bad self.

If you knew anything about any of this, you would also know that Billy participated in all of this bad behaivor in front of his children. Keep on defending him, it merely shows you are a classless fool, too.

Have you ever asked yourself?

I am glad the Truth about Billy Blanks finally comes out. I wish one of my dear friend talked about what Billy did to her few years ago. No wonder if Shellie 's always been a control freak, following her daddy everywhere. Enough of Billy Blanks and his Bull S!

Have you ever asked yourself?

The first time I took Billy's class, Billy and Shellie were both screaming: Thank you Lord! thank you Jesus! I turned to my friend and asked her: what's the H... is going on here? Where did you put me in? LOL

Don't drink the kool-aid

I tried to resist but, I have to comment. I was once certified by Billy to instruct Tae bo classes. I chose to become certified because Tae Bo changed my life. It made me a stronger person inside and out and I loved how Billy helped me see that it wasn't just about changing physically but also mentally. At the time however, I had no idea that Billy would never truly want to help anyone who wasn't one of his religious fanatical groupies. He dosen't know how to have a professional relationship. There was no "win, win" situation. He won financially and that seemed to be all he cared about. I soon discovered these sad truths. As an instructor outside of the state of Cal. I never received any kind of support from the training center. I would email with questions and get very curt, rude answers. I know now that he never did want me to succeed...only to take my hard earned money every year at boot camps and go over the same old routines each year. There was never any new info offered each new year at camp. He just took our money and tried to give us "Kool aid". Then I was asked to participate in some of the videos. At the time I was thrilled but, as I took part I could see a weird "cultish" thing going on. If you were not part of Billy's religious beliefs then you were kept on the outside. I know people who would spend weeks away from family at what I am sure was a huge expense just to have the "priviledge" of spending time at the center and listening to Billy's "prophetic" bull. People, wake up and step away from the Kool Aid!

I always knew there was something not right about Billy and the environment at the training center but, I didn't want to acknowledge it. The year I participated in the videos was the year I woke up, left and never went back. Now I am even more happy and relieved that I came to accept the truth of what Billy is about and got out. These events prove that my intuitions were dead on. He was never inappropriate with me but, he has a strong narcisistic personality disorder for which he should seek out professional help!!

I truly think that Billy is losing his mind and I think it is so sad. The man that I used to think so much of, who gave me the only work out to ever work for me and the work out that I still LOVE, is a fraud! It is sad. I can't stand to even use the videos at home now because he makes me sick! You can't live a charade forever.

He won't care what any of us have to say because he is so convinced that he is next to deity (or maybe he really believes that he is deity) but, we know the truth Billy and the truth shall set you free!

Oh....and to beeontheotherside...Thank you for your comments to Rg. I have been dying to tell him or her what an idiot he or she sounds like! Oh and Rg... Why are you not signing your name on your posts? Too ashamed of what an illiterate suck-up you are?

Have you ever asked yourself?

#77, you said it. Billy won't care what any of us has to say. This man has serious issues. I woke up a loooooooong time ago. Billy as a friend, Billy and his family, Billy and the gym, Billy and women, Billy as an employer, Billy and videos, Billy in his trips...I was involved in all situations. My story would be too long. Very painful but today I am relieved. So are many people. Life goes on.

Arch

I don't know Billy Blanks personally. I only work out to his Tae Bo tapes. Which I love! A lot of people have said some negative things about Billy. A lot of people have admitted to knowing that Billy cheated on his wife. Okay the question is. Why were you okay with him committing adultery on his wife? You knew about it and never said antyhing, but now you want to come on here and say things about Billy. As for his family being treated badly. They didn't have to stay and continue to be treated badly. They knew how to leave. Talk is very cheap.

beenontheotherside

Hey Arch - You are right, your talk is cheap. I knew he was cheating on his wife and some of us did tell her and as far as his family went - he made promises he obviously never intended to keep.

Arch

beenontheotherside, are you a family member of his? If so, what did he promise you? If Billy was that much of a horrible person, then why stay in his company? Another thing beeontheotherside, if you did tell his wife about him cheating and she stayed with him, she did so for her own reason. What that reason is, only she knows. I could be wrong, but all of you that are coming on here and putting Billy down, wasn't his true friend. A true friend wouldn't walk on your back when you are going through and they surely wouldn't be trashing your name. A person can buy enemies, they can never buy friends.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments