Billy Blanks' Wife Kickboxes Him to the Curb

4/23/2008 8:12 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Gayle Blanks has filed for legal separation from her husband, Tae Bo creator Billy Blanks. The reason for the separation? Tae Bo is no longer relevant ... just kidding, it's "irreconcilable differences."
Click to view docs
The fit couple, who have been married since 1974, met in a karate class. They have two kids -- one of whom, Billy Jr., tried to invent something called "Cardioke."

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

Say what

What is really going on here? This is such a hot mess read.. Nobody is perfect. Billy and Gayle are human beings, just like all of us. No matter what their pocket book may be, their private lives should be respected. I do not know the details of this story. Yet, reading from the so-called " I know the family" folks have me questioning your motives for releasing such negative information here. Regardless of what either has done here, the truth is what it is. These two people decided to stay together for 30+ years of thier lives. Obviously, both were getting somethng from the relationship. Let's be yielding here and respectful. Allow each of them to move on with their lives in dignity and peace. I will pray for the entire family as this will be a challenge for them, not only Billy and Gayle.

Jump spinning heal kick

Hi,
I am not a fan of gossip sites, so I write with deep trepidation. But I feel something needs to be said to all the people who are communicating such negative garbage. Before you judge I suggest you get your facts straight. Judge not, that you be not judged. For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged.
34 years of marriage is a major feat by today’s standards. I personally know Billy and Gayle to be one of the most loving and caring couples alive. Gayle spends most of her waking hours helping other people. Her selfless drive to send hope and love to our service people in Iraq and Afghanistan define the type of person she is. I can tell you that Gayle has had a profound effect on my life! I could write chapters on all the good Billy has done. We could start with all the hours he volunteers. To the positive spiritual guidance he tries to communicate.
It would be a tragedy if this doesn’t get worked out. If you look at the Blanks life they have overcome many obstacles to get where they are today. This is just another bump in the road of life.

beenontheotherside

I wish I could say that Billy doesn't deserve all this dirt, but unfortunately he does. He has cheated on Gayle for years and years, as long as I've known them and that would be beginning in 1990. He has done things to my family that were unconscionable and he has never apologized. He has done things to business associates that were horrible and he never apologizes, he just sues. When he became born again he believed that all his previous sins, and there were alot, were washed away. Well, karma is a bitch, eh Billy.

Have you ever asked yourself?

I came to LA in 2001 for 3 months with a friend. I was 23.... a kid. My parent marriage was falling apart and the lost of all connection with my dad destroyed my all identity. So I was emotionally depressed, lost all self esteem, all confidence. I even lost passion in what used to drive me: working out and teaching. I found absolutly no reason to live until Billy lightened my life. In 3 months, my friend and I became very close to him and his family. He took us with him to any Tae Bo event, family event, to his home, to the church... Billy was such an inspiration and motivation as a trainer and teacher. He gave me power and confidence in Life again. One day, he gave me a book: . Words coming from the mouth are very powerful!And the mind will use those words to control your life... < Learn to be a leader of your life. BE and STAY STRONG > he used to tell me. Billy was my savier, my friend, my second father. His family was my new family.Tae Bo became my passion and my Life, until one day... Few days before going back home overseas, Billy said exactly those words to me: . We were outside the gym, waiting for my friend. I pretended I didn't understand. Billy knew my english wasn't very good and he used to tease me and my friend for that. But my english was good enough to understand what those words meant and what kind of words it was. I had to go back home with my dream, my hope, my only reason to keep going. So I tried to convince myself that those words were never said. I went back to LA one year after, by myself, for 2 months. I was dependant, addicted to Tae Bo. I had to be there but for 2 months, Billy's behaviour was more than confusing to me. I agree that the mind interprates behaviour and words, so you put a meaning on situations ...But I think that anybody in my situation would say that Billy's behaviour and words were wrong and unappropriate. Those 2 months were challenging, actually a nightmare. My hope, my new family, my dream were taking away. My heart was more broken than ever. I felt like my dignity was gone again, worst than ever... For years I was asking WHY?? I know many people had bad experience with Billy, you feel hurt or betrayed as I was. But unfortunately you can not control feelings of others, only yours. Ask yourself what did you learn from that?? It's always easier to judge others instead asking yourself why that happened or why did you let that happen? You can't change people, you only can change yourself. So today. I lelft that story behind me, I forgive and I forgave Billy a long time ago but I never forget. I always admired him as a teacher and trainer and I will continue. Tae Bo will always be part of my life. Besides my pain and desappointment, I look at the whole picture, I got to learn a lot about Life and move on. Whatever happens to Billy today doesn't concern anybodyelse than him. If people today still have negative feelings, they still didn't do that work on themselves by analizing and judging their own life in order to move on.
If everybody could move on and wish the best for everybody, we'd live in a better world.

Scottie

You people are so amazing. Why is it that we gloat when someone suffers a blow. I have not idea what Billy Blanks has done or not done. But it is amazing how we as a society feed off of the misery of others, I guess this make us, somehow superior. To the gentemen who posted the Billy fight video. I would love to see the video's of you in the ring, I have never had the courage or maybe stupidity to enter the ring. ClassyLady, come now, how can one use that moniker a spew hatred, I challenge you to open up your life to us for examination, I would myself except that I am not proud of the things I have done in the past, and the people I have hurt as a result. I wonder about the hope for humanity when we all sit in the comfort of our own homes waiting to pounce when someone falls, yet seeking forgiveness and understanding when when we are faced with a crisis. I am sure that Billy Blanks will have things to atone for, and it is at times like this when we have the opportunity to re-evaluate our lives. I hope that once he does, he make amends for any mistakes he has made. I for one would support that, as I would any one of you in that process, and we all go through that process at some point in our live. Good luck all, stay well.

1SG CandiOBelle USArmy

If its any consolation, Billy is my brother, yes my "real" brother by marriage. It seems everyone has an opinion and my wife Nadene has written in as well. We are the ones in the "loop' and we know the truth so all of who are writing in with opinions refects the society we live in.The internet and opinions allow you to be inconspicuous and blameless.It doesn't matter what people think even the family, only what Billy and Gayle thinks....they are the only ones who know exactly what has happen so all of you who have "opinions" you know the rest...1SG.

Have you ever asked yourself?

, I can testify everything you said about Billy. I worked out for 7 years wih Billy and I worked for him. I am also in the Tae Bo videos. I was unfortunately one of those people who idolized him, one of the groupies. I didn't see anything until he made clear that he wanted an affair with me. He was very direct and pushy in a perverse way. I knew Shellie, Gayle, the family... But I never said anything. I loved Tae Bo. I just distanced myself from him and tried to stay aware. Unfortunately, I am witness of many situations that confirm everything said above...The list would be too long, , hundreds of people could comment on the Truth of Billy but you are right again, they are too embarrassed: clients, friends and family of Billy. This is no gossip but facts I am witness of!
Today I understand the reaction of you all, defenders of Billy. I was one of those people , not aware of what was going on. Billy seemed such a good, loving and giving person! So religious! Right... Billy NEVER did anything that didn’t benefit him directly. Sad but good for people who realize that on time.

klc

Billys taebo changed my life . i find it difficult to believ he is a fake. physical fitness can be directly linked to soundness of mind. so for all you haters instead of all the nasty comments let them be. evryone has problems. i am so concerned about shirly because she loves her dad i can see the connection during their work out.
tnks shelly n billy n shelly for touching lives

taebo lover

Disbelief and disappointed

Any updates to the Blanks' situation? I pray the family is doing better these days!

Torah keeper and faith in YAHushua the Messiah

I discovered what Tae Bo is about 2 ½ weeks ago from Youtube, and I love the workout. It’s a great cardio workout for me since I do my exercise in my apartment, with only having a bench, EZ bar, some dumbbells. I was impressed on how Mr. Blanks personality shows on the screen. He seems like a very humble person and he speaks sensible things. What caught me the most is how he shows his love to Almighty GOD. Since then, I have been trying to find out more about Tae Bo and him. The reason being is I have to always be careful if I want to get my self involve in anything, to find out whether it against the Word of my heavenly Father. When I found out that he divorced his wife of over 30 yrs and he had a sweet little baby girl before he marry his current wife, I was cautious about it. It just does not line up with what I see when he is talking on the screen. Then I stumbled upon this page and this comments. I was shocked and sort of disappointed. I know that by the fruit which already shown (divorced, had baby before the marriage) I shouldn’t be that shocked. Anyway, after I rethink the overall picture, at the end of the day, Tae Bo works for me, it’s a great workout and he is a great coach/ trainer. As long as the workout does not involve in worshipping a deity or using power from demon, I will continue doing it. What ever happen in his personal life, it is between him and the Father. I decided not to mix it up and not to get my emotion involve in it. However my heart goes out to those who are hurt by any incident happened. And I’m praying for Mr. Blanks and the whole family.

Shalom

"YAHWEH is the Almighty El Father's Name and YAHushua is His only begotten son"

Wayne

I was there when Tae-Bo started blowing up in 1998. Billy was a very nice and engaging man as he taught his classes. I knew that he was also a professing Christian, and that he attended Fred Price' church. That fact actually worried me because Mr. Price is clearly a false teacher!

I had heard that Billy had given Fred Price 1 million dollars as a gift, and wondered in my mind, "why would Billy do such a thing?" I cannot speak of the affairs, etc. However, I think it is easy to predict that whenever someone reaches celebrity status, they will always have women in line awaiting to service them in any way, and unless you have some accountability in your life, you will most definitely fall! That is especially true in Southern California as the women are pretty much Whorish!

I sincerely pray that Billy will repent of his sins and ask God to forgive him as well as his family members if these allegations are true.

nnnooo

he looked pretty gay on that dr show

Nikibia

Day in and day out I see a lot of things in my walk of life. I have learned the need to separate things as everything has a place and should never stray from it.

In this I see things very straightforwardly. People have been wronged in some way at some point. I hate to say this but it happens and will continue to happen well after you are gone from this earth. Learn how to move on and you will become stronger for it. Trust me it is never good to hold onto anything negative it festers and eats you from the inside. Forgiveness is not for the other person it is for you since you have to make that same choice every single time you remember it.

As far as the personal lives of Billy and Gayle well honestly it is personal let it stay there. There is always someone pointing a finger when someone does wrong or makes a mistake as if being human meant you must be perfect. Problem with this is that no one likes the finger pointed at them because it is not fun because no one likes to be wrong. Remember the Golden Rule: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Others actions mean jack squat in instances like this truthfully it is about you. Do you stoop to lower levels to pick up the crap or do you hold your head high and pass up the crap?(making sure not to step in it of course)

On the workouts I have to say quite effective and well done. I have perused a multitude of other workout videos and not as good as Tae Bo. His speeches at the end of the videos are inspiring and usually well phrased. For those who comment on his being fake, What does that have to do with the truth of the words? A person does NOT need to live the truth in order to speak it that is nothing more than a perk. Put your blind faith in man and you will always be let down because sooner or later they will fall or fail no matter what(to be human is to err, sometimes repeatedly). Wisdom comes in all forms from people in all walks of life. Separate the person from the words and see if the words have meaning to you. If they mean nothing to you then fast forward the video or never mind them(and leave the workout). If they do have meaning to you then great, learn from them and allow the pearls of wisdom to help guide you when you need them!

In closing I have to say I only look at Billy as one thing a good inspiring workout maker/instructor. Everything else I really do not give a damn about since it is none of my business nor should it be. Even if I knew him personally I would look at it in the same way.

Nikibia