Carly Smithson Hams it Up

4/23/2008 1:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

"American Idol" wannabe Carly Smithson (left) on last night's show -- and Mama Cass (right) of the legendary '60s group, The Mamas & the Papas.
Carly Smithson and Mama Cass
It's amazing what a little makeup and not allegedly choking on a ham sandwich* will do for a gal.

We're just sayin'!

* Um, yeah. We know Cass didn't really die from the ham sandwich, people!

dreamer

Mamma Cass didn't die of ham sandwich. She died of a heart attack.

VAN-HALEN ROCKS

fat bitches need lovin too...

Lolita

Are you freaking kidding me?

Slow news day, huh?

Pearlite

#1 is right. She didn't die by ham sandwich, she had a heart attack.

CANNIBALCORPSE54

Mama Cass is one of the best singers of any generation while Carly Smithson is just a wannabee. So what if they have remotely similar look, how does this qualify as news anyway? I sware every time I visit this site I get dumber & dumber, thanks for nothing TMZ.

FrankTheCrank

I would do them both.

DMLady

you are trying to make a comparison between some hack wanna-be star and one of the greatest voices in pop music history, simply based on clothing???
my god. get a life.

hello, it

It's sick and shallow to keep bringing up the myth of the ham sandwich. Get over it and report the truth!!!!!

Bored

You must be kidding me! Yes Mama Cass is extreamly talented and so is Carly, but I think its just wrong to compare the looks of these two women! Mama Cass was a COW!

merrihope

Harvey Levin died from a drug overdose. It's a lie but what the hell. The truth doesn't matter to him.

Elizabeth

TMZ...if it weren't for my boiring job I would never come here but you people are honestly LOSERS!!! Your site sucks...I'm going back to PerezHilton.com....get a real story creeps

kt

I don't get what the judges saw yesterday. Carly squealed through the song! She was saved by her back-up singers who did a fabulous job overpowering her bad singing. They are the ones the judges heard, not Carly -- who is nothing but a screamer. Listen next time! Her back-up singers have great voices. She owes them big time.

She really is bad. So are the rest. Boring as hell -- and local, samll town talent contest contestants at best.
Not one are deserving of any kind of record deal -- this show is on it's last leg!!

Me

One wonders what the producers of The Peoples' Court want with that hack, Harvey, when they already have the amazing Marilyn Milian. He only brings the show down...you know, much like he does with TMZ.

Joyce

You guys are so desperate and lame- who ever thought up this stinker should be fired

Blahhhhhh

Now that TMZ is on TV and we can all see what a bunch of dorks, losers and unattractive idiots you all are...comments like this really should not surprise us.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments