Jason Castro: All But a "Memory"?

4/23/2008 7:44 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jason Castro"American Idol" message boards are buzzing that tonight's "Idol" castoff will be Jason Castro -- and it's allegedly Ryan Seacrest who leaked it!

An email exchange posted on an "Idol" fan site points the finger at Ryan -- saying he blabbed that it's Castro that's getting the boot.

Only problem ... Ryan doesn't even know yet himself!

While Ryan has said in the past that he finds out who gets sent packing the morning of the show, we're told the only two people who know the big name at this point in the day are the two executive producers -- Nigel Lythgoe and Cecile Frot-Coutaz.

In fact, Nigel told us exclusively who will go home tonight -- the person with the least number of votes.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

fishbone

Who cares Ozzy Rules!!!!!!!!!!

noitall

WHO CARES!!! THIS SEASON'S SHOW IS SOOOO BORING AND THE CONTESTANTS ARE SOOO UNINTERESTING AND NOT THAT TALENTED. AI HAS PLAYED OUT IT'S COURSE.....GET RID OF THE TIRED THING !!!!!!!!!!!

davey

he reminds me of rafi..... sing me a kids song dude

Ladylaw

Who cares?

whatsonpop

Good riddence. At least syesha will be around another week! She was awesome last night.

just wondering

...he is cute guy, with the most non powerful voice...funny how he is still there!!...those teenage gals!

gailer

thank you for looking into this TMZ!!!
and btw, some of us arent teens!
go jason!

ChAoTiC13

wowza the rumors are a flyin'

MaryFL

ADAM SCHUBAK from TV Guide also has his neck on the chopping block. He is the one who *supposedly* relayed the information to a woman who then posted the story on Idol Forums.

There's a lot of talk now about the show being rigged. This story doesn't help the show's credibility.

I hope Ryan Seacrest will come forward and let us know this is all false.

just wondering

..he majority who vote for Jason r teens, then tweenies.

Maria

Castro had better not be going anywhere but to the Top 5. He has a beautiful voice and incredible ability to convey emotion and poignancy. He's a breath of fresh air on this stupid stale dog and pony show.

Who???

I heard he has a bad case of head lice!!! He needs a make-over!!!

cat

Well Jason has been pure entertainment for us all. His music has moved and lifted so many people. I have been a fan following his story since hearing his rendition on Daydreamin Boy. I do not think that Jason is going anywhere tonight. I and other ans voted non stop for full voting time period. Jason has an amazing story and we should all aspire to be more like him. Jason was very sick and never let on. If such a leak was made to benefit the AI machine ...well so be it.. I have never cared to watch this show before much less vote. I have a son Jason's age

Give The Irish Girl A Break

Honestly....after last nights performance...I would not be surprised at all if Jason was the one who got the boot. Though...Brooke was equally as bad....and I would love to see her go home (tired of the crying.) I think the problem is Jason has a very Mraz-like quality to his voice, and the songs they give him really aren't suited.

NOONAN

Oh Please. Jason is NOT going home tonight. He is the purest talent AI has ever seen.
GO JASON!!!!!