Peter Falk Runs Amok -- Refuses Help and Comb

4/23/2008 3:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Columbo's got a new mystery to solve -- what the hell's up with Peter Falk?

Police were called to the scene in Beverly Hills yesterday after onlookers saw the 80-year-old actor flapping around, looking disheveled, and seemingly in need of assistance.

Sources saw Falk come out of a building and attempt to make his way across the street to a bank. Along the way, he was nearly run over by a car. When the police arrived, the glass-eyed TV detective refused their help and was let go.

Calls to Falk's rep were not returned.

Mark

Sounds like me after taking two Ambien. Where was I, what is it you said I was doing?

Mark

Liz

TMZ staff, if this was you father or brother would you be so damn quick to post this picture? You are a bunch of insensitive sob's!

ole lady

tmz you are hateful. Just remember what goes around comes around.

Nia

You people @ TMZ really do no't believe in karma do ya? Good luck with that. Could you at least pretend to care what your readers have to say, isn't that what this comment section is for? Take this exploitive piece down already.

Me

TMZ...you are stooping as low as Perez now (a site I don't visit)...why so low? The man entertained many of us for years...he's 80 for goodness sake, laughing at old people is not funny, at least not for normal people.

tw

Not sure what is going on but maybe its not what everyone thinks.

Also, he is 80. He is a good person and has touched a lot of lives with his roles. Maybe he figured it was time to "get a little nuts today." Might do everyone good if we all ran down the street acting crazy.

If he does indeed have a problem, I wish him the best. My favorite role of his was in "Murder by Death." Its a classic.

LV

It looks like Peter Falk was in a public service announcement for Alzheimer's research in 2005 with Barbra Streisand. It says on http://www.alzheimers-illinois.org/enewsletter/spring2005/newstips/ the following: "PSA Featuring Barbra Streisand and Peter Falk Encourages Support of Alzheimer Research and Care" A new public service announcement – “The Way We Were” –encourages Americans to protect their precious memories by joining the fight against Alzheimer’s disease and features entertainers Barbra Streisand and Peter Falk. The PSA underscores the debilitating effects that Alzheimer’s has on one’s personal history, sense of self, and connections with family and friends. “The Association hopes that people will be moved by ‘The Way We Were’ and support local programs as well as continued progress in research to prevent this tragedy from striking other families,” said Kathryn Kane, senior vice president of brand management and marketing for the Alzheimer’s Association. Instead of thrashing the poor guy who gave us some great t.v., I say why don't we all donate a few dollars for a cure to this terrible disease that does not discriminate. You can donate at www.alz.org with a credit card.
The Alzheimer's Association, Chicago, said this is the first time that Streisand released the rights to this song. The overall theme of the PSA is to"encourage American's to protect their precious memories" by joining the fight against Alzheimer's.

Lori

OH my goodness there was a wonderful movie out not to long ago about a couple. She had alzheimers and she in a home and he is there with her and she doesn't remember him. They had a great love and it is all about there love and life together from the beginning. James Garner was the man and Gena Rowlands played the adult woman. Oh it was a sad bittersweet wonderful movie. It only I could remember the name of it.

Trophy wife Slim and Trim!!!!

Why isn't his GD wife helping him? I dined in london near the Falks...they were at a resturant with Dian Lohan and Stedman (what is up with that?) any how I thought his wife seems distant. Several people came up to the table for autographs all four were very polite and seemed nice....

Lori

It just came to me. (Gee I can't remember things either!!) It was "The Notebook." It was a inspiring movie. The way we were would have also fit this movie.

Kate

This is a HUGE RED FLAG for dementia and Alzheimer's!!! I know because I experienced the same thing with my Mother, who I lost 3 years ago to this horrible disease. Shame on you TMZ for making fun of him. He is a wonderful actor and I hope he gets the help he needs!

stefano

I think this is a low blow. This poor old man is having trouble and TMZ.COM uses the opportunity to make a fool of him and humiliate him. I attended a Boy Scout function recently and a minister let the LARGE crowd of young people know that this isn't humor, it isn't entertainment, it isn't providing "the public a right to know." It is simply cruelty and cheapness. Showing us Paris and Lindsay might be interesting. This isn't. So, congratulations, TMZ. You've hit a new low.

Trophy wife Slim and Trim!!!!

Stefano... GET OFF YOUR GD SOAP BOX... I wish there was video of this rampage! if there are nude photos of PF please publish!

LisaK

I actually did not know he was still alive. I thought he had already passed on.

Lori

He was let go? Seriously, let go? WOW!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments