Star Jones Files for Divorce

4/23/2008 11:42 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Star JonesTMZ has confirmed that former "View" host Star Jones has filed for divorce from hubby Al Reynolds. I'll be needing a lawyah!

Jones filed back on March 26, and the couple married back in 2004. We're told that Star is currently out of the country. Big Al -- as ever -- no clue where he is.

She released a statement to "ET" that reads: "Several years ago I made an error in judgment by inviting the media into the most intimate area of my life. A month ago I filed for divorce. The dissolution of a marriage is a difficult time in anyone's life that requires privacy with one's thoughts. I have committed myself to handling this situation with dignity and grace and look forward to emerging from this period as a stronger and wiser woman."

Previous 15 Comments | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11

Amused

She needs to REALLY look in the mirror, and deal with it.

Illinois person

What's fading faster here, her waistline, her career or her marriage? I don't think Miss Jones could be with anyone (gay or straight) since it always seems to be about her. No wonder The View sent her packing. However, if she's looking for someone I'm sure the former Mr. Liza Minnelli is available.

Kara

WHO CARES ..Big mama is one LUCKY fat broad who made some money off of what??? oh she aint fat and sloppy no more..Just sloppy..So why the expensive wedding in the first place..She goes to church but I dont see NO FRUIT..Phony Baloney Star..I do not like her for some reason

Kara

We dont care but the article is B4 our eyes on our computers so we comment...We DONT CARE and we dont like her or at least most of us..I dont wish any harm on the woman and I hope she will be OK..I just dont like her thats why I comment..

The Man

Wonder who the sponsor of this act will be?? Maybe The Donald and "Your Fired" season 4 promo?? Maybe Slim Fast wants new spokes-idiot

AJO

KHARMA is a BITCH! the self absorbed, egotistical, condescending bitch got what she deserves!!!!!!

Valery Hill

Since Reynolds is obviously gay, I figured that Star Jones just wanted the lavish wedding and all that comes with that; so she got the gay guy to marry her. It was never a real marriage, after all.

fifilafoofoo

There's something pathetic about Star. She's intelligent but she doesn't hear anything she doesn't want to hear. Big Gay Ol' Al did everything but shriek his disgust with vag but he must have had some sort of agenda going on at the time. Perhaps he needed money or some sort of safe legal harbor when he got introduced to Star.

Star believes you can do what you want with the world and it's inhabitants, shove them around, make them do your bidding. She just doesn't get it that there's a price to pay for torturing people (marrying a gay person to fulfill unrealistic dreams).

So, now, she's going to return to being an old fat lady. Never mind. As long as you've learned the lessons you needed to have learned, Star.

Previous 15 Comments | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11