Star Jones Files for Divorce

4/23/2008 11:42 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Star JonesTMZ has confirmed that former "View" host Star Jones has filed for divorce from hubby Al Reynolds. I'll be needing a lawyah!

Jones filed back on March 26, and the couple married back in 2004. We're told that Star is currently out of the country. Big Al -- as ever -- no clue where he is.

She released a statement to "ET" that reads: "Several years ago I made an error in judgment by inviting the media into the most intimate area of my life. A month ago I filed for divorce. The dissolution of a marriage is a difficult time in anyone's life that requires privacy with one's thoughts. I have committed myself to handling this situation with dignity and grace and look forward to emerging from this period as a stronger and wiser woman."

She finally realized he's GAY. Way to go Star--

hot snot

you know, i feel sorry for anyone that has to go through a divorce...whether i like the personality of them or not

it's a very difficult thing to have to go through

Bubb Rubb and Lil Sis

I can't stand this ugly hag. Her marriage was doomed from the beginning. No one cared when she got married to him in the first place. She made it a big deal and like most famous marriges, it ends in divorce. Al is clearly gay.

Angelique

Congrats on your weight loss for your health, and congrats on your divorce I know your happy now star now do your thing. But to be honest I always thought Al was bi too, star you desever better, plus a educated woman not many stars can say that. I know you career will flourish with your great postive attitude and great woman.

me

ok so where's the breaking news?

Jo-an

Ha Ha

Jo-an

He left her because she has no moneyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Tired and Ready for A Nap

I think she forgot something in her statement. She's going to come out of this a stronger, wiser and POORER woman.

Liz

Whatever you may think about Star, she did exactly what women should not do, make the marriage ALL about the WEDDING! She wanted to get married so bad that it became all about the wedding she had dreamed about since she was a little girl and ended up marrying the WRONG person. Marriage, is not about how big and wonderful a wedding we can have! Women need to start looking at the big picture.........like, who they are going to spend the rest of their lives with! That in and of itself is sobering. Whether AL is gay or not, I wish her the best and hope she can come out of this with some form of dignity!

Frankie M

Star being a wise, educated woman should have seen the signs from the beginning. I don't think as a female Star could not see that there was something wrong with pretty Al. Hell any time a man looks better, dress better than his woman you need to question that man's real identity and let that bender go. Hell everybody needs love but at what cost? Star I wish you the best in you're search, but I must say take you're time.

Neecee

I do feel sorry for her, she had very low self esteem and he abused it. He knew exactly what he was doing when he married her, but she was happy to have someone "love her" she was blind to everything. At least she left him, hope he didn't get all her money. Overweight women always have very low self esteem and men prey on that.

Ele

Ok first CANT stand this money hungry witch! and second o wow what a shock NOT! Ya you had media at your wedding and lets not forget they paid for the tacky thing to top...Gosh this woman makes me ill. VOMIT!

Your'e Fired!

Now that she has "lost" her weight (still fugly), she thinks she is too good to have a GAY husband.

Bird

Good for her. I don't support divorce, but no woman should be married to a gay man.

Hayden

GOOD FOR STAR JONES - she knew when it was enough - people realize truth and both Star Jones and her hubbie need to live their lives with lifestyle for them.

NEXT - Angelina and Brad ------------------- Brad is prettier than most women anyway lol The kids need a man symbol.