Good Riddance to Pox Rubbish

4/27/2008 6:19 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The poor man's Posh and Beckham -- aka Katie Price and hubby Peter Andre -- along with their chicken pox baby have decided to depart L.A. Apparently the TSA doesn't mind a lil' pox on planes. All aboard!

The always charming Katie had some heartfelt parting words for TMZ.

huh?

Ah, you're a home health care worker. Obviously, you're the expert. My aplogies....how dare I disagree with you? I bet you have one heck of a bedside manner, judging by your post. Get over yourself.

Jody25

kat

Who are these people? Never heard of them.

cutthecrap

Um yeah, I do believe she told TMZ to "Bleep Off!!" lol harhar har!!!

Illinois person

Don't the LAPD have anything better to do than to chase this celebrity want-to-be around LAX? Gee, Britney must have stayed home today. White trash!

just me

Boy oh boy! Chickenpox sure does bring back memories. I don't remember a time in my life when I was more popular than when I was in the 3rd or 4th grade and had the chickenpox. I had so many visitors for about 4 or 5 days straight that at first it made me feel like I was the most popular kid on earth, but then after about the 3rd or 4th day I started feeling like I was some sort of freak sideshow because I started to notice that a lot of the kids whose parents was bringing to visit me wasn't even close to my age and a lot of them was just little kids who wasn't even school age. I later discovered from my mother that what was really going on was chickenpox parties at our house because the parents of the kids was just wanting to expose their kids to chickenpox to get it over with. And I guess it worked because our little town had a major chickenpox outbreak and most of the classrooms was only about half full for a couple weeks after I went back to school.

Me!

#30 - WHATEVER (WHATEVER IS RIGHT!)
I HAVE AN EXCELLENT BEDSIDE MANNER.
BUT WHEN DEALING WITH "KNOW-IT-ALLS" LIKE YOU,
I NEED TO GET THE POINT ACROSS.
AND BY THE WAY, THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH WHAT I SAID,
NOR THE WAY I SAID IT.
AND YOU MISSED THE POINT.
AND YOU CAN'T PUT OUT INCORRECT INFORMATION AND THINK YOU ARE HELPING THE MASSES.
YOU ARE NOT.
NOW TAKE TWO ASPRIN, AND DON'T CALL ME IN THE MORNING.

"WHATEVER" - AND WE ALL KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS!
NOTHING!

PS I NOTICE SEVERAL OTHER BLOGGERS AGREE WITH ME.
SO, "WHATEVER" YOU TOO!

go outside sometimes

Giving health information you know nothing about is not just a "whatever", whatever,
Here from a medical journal I have from February :

Acquiring Chicken Pox
Chicken pox is acquired by direct contact with infected blister fluid or by inhalation of respiratory droplets.

Obviously, if you don't have the symptoms, you don't have the infected blisters.

Anyone not immune on that plane, or anywhere else that selfish, inconsiderate beast went with her sick child could have contracted the virus from her infected baby. (Babies touch themselves and other surfaces constantly, and air on planes is re circulated.) Furthermore, the baby could have become very ill with a secondary infection as it was being dragged around instead of being cared for properly at home while it recovered.

No one is so special that they have the right to put otheres in harms way, and no one, ought to give medical advice when they don't know what they are talking about. Don't know who is worse, the mom or whatever.

Carolyn A-B

Princess looks like anything but. Junior is a cutie, and I haven't even seen if Harvey is on this stateside trip. They are chav-tastic in their way, but I can't embrace a woman who's had 5 boob surgeries and is now in L.A. to get her teeth fixed. The British rags say she's constantly dumping the kiddies with her mum. I've read her columns, the advice she gives is good enough. But what a publicity whore. And Peter Andre is getting out of shape and too fleshy. Still a cutie though.

Come on, people. Chicken pox happens.

WangoTango

The US enough talentless airheads who are famous for no good reason. Glad they went back to the UK.

del

People do die of the Chicken Pox (check out the vaccine website and the CDC) and having had chicken pox in your lifetime, you're then succeptable to Shingles. While it is a THEORY that Shingles MOSTLY attacka when one's immune system is strained, it is a FACT that it can and does also attack healthy children and adults, and the mechanism or trigger is truly unknown. Shingles can last months, or, God Forbid, years, is very painful to the extent that I was given massive painkillers when I had it, and suffered so much I became 30lbs underweight in the 5 months I was afflicted with it. Having Shingles, I could then give pox to my adult sibs and children who hadn't had pox, except the 2 kids who'd had the vaccine. There are vaccines now for both afflictions. I suggest all get them, as I'd rather have another broken leg or two than have shingles again.

carol

i have said this before. you goons are so retarded. obviously no college educated people on staff. your boss needs
TO GET A GRIP ON HIS STAFF. sweet Mother of God. picks on dead people., now babies???? what did baby
ignore you too.?????? lets pretend to have some CLASS. just pretend. fake it TILL YOU MAKE IT. DUH. also,
i never even heard of this poor posh person. realllll famous.

Erica

31. #15 they are very rich by anyones standards not just "uk standards" as you put it. The cost of living is generally higher in England than the US anyway. Katie and Peter are pretty well liked by most people over here. It's not their fault the paparazzi is following them in the US or that it gets posted on TMZ. There has been a lot of negative posts on here lately about the british and I don't understand why-anyone care to enlighten me on what it is some americans have against us?!!

Posted at 7:13PM on Apr 27th 2008 by JodyUK

Jody,
Don't worry about it too much. Its just TMZ. Most people are just fine, but some people love to post hateful and nasty comments to get a rise out of others. They are the Attention Who*es. I'm sure they exist in the UK as well and love to do the same to Americans. Anonymous comments bring out the beast in some people. Just remember, opinions are like gas, everyone has one, they pretty much stink all over, and they are mostly worthless.

My opinion on this is, Poor Baby. Contagious or not, she has just been very sick and needs to heal. Taking a 10 hour flight cannot have been good or comfortable for her. I believe it would have been much safer for the Baby to have fully healed before attempting such an lengthy journey.

jwoolman

The kid wasn't contagious, but probably other people on the plane were incubating some pathogenic microorganism or virus. A lot of illnesses are contagious before obvious symptoms appear, including ones generally considered mild. But travelers frequently bring such illnesses to people outside the original community harboring the microbeastie, so when there's an especially tough flu or cold virus circulating nowadays it often came from a traveler (including people who visited elsewhere and then came back home while contagious). We tend to be relatively immune or at least not quite so vulnerable to local buggies, but can be hit hard by a "foreign" one. Same thing as with the local water supply, which can cause problems for "foreigners" but not for the locals. Sports teams used to bring along their own water for away games for that reason, although now we have bottled water readily available.

Anyway - this particular kid isn't the problem. The parents took her to a clinic and then to a hospital. Certainly the medical people would have told them if she couldn't travel. Their local doctor back home likewise. The airline also probably has rules to follow about such things, so they wouldn't have let her on the plane if it was a problem.

You're in much more danger from food handlers in stores and restaurants who don't take simple precautions, especially when they go to work while sick. And you're running into contagious kids and adults all the time who aren't obviously sick (yet).

spankfreak

you folks are vile...bet yer closet repubulicans

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments