No Foot, No Problem for Chesney

4/27/2008 12:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Kenny ChesneyKenny Chesney suffered a foot injury during his entrance to the stage last night -- but finished his set without incident. Who says country stars ain't tough?

He was coming up through the bottom of the stage on an elevator, when his foot (which was harnessed in for safety) got stuck between the lift and the stage. After finally freeing himself, Chesney performed his whole set -- he was the final act of a show that included LeAnn Rimes and Brooks & Dunn -- with a noticeable limp.

Chesney said afterwards, "I took one look at those fans, and there was no way I wasn't going on." And they all took one look at him and said, "Hey, wasn't he married to Renée Zellweger?"

Ramone

thats because he performs with a buttplug in his bunghole

JamieM

WHO CARES IF KENNY IS BALD OR WHAT HIS SEXUAL PREFERENCE IS? GEEZ, SOME OF YOU REALLY NEED TO GET A LIFE!

I LOVE MAX

Kenny likes boys. His het act is just that -- an act.

Ramone

I CARE, AND SO DO THOUSANDS OF OTHERS ! LET THE COWARDLY QUEEN COME OUT OF THE CLOSET.

Holly

I was at the show- in SC and he was awesome! You could tell he was in pain, but still put on a fabulous show when he was obviously in pain. The was by far the best concert I have ever attended. I wont miss next year!

djdw61

Your TMZ writers are asses! That is tough! To get your foot stuck between the lift and the stage? That had to hurt something fierce! And then to go on anyhow? If you have ever seen him in concert...he is NOT sedentary! He runs, jumps and really gives it all to the concertgoers. He deserves a pat on the back you idiots! Not a snarky comment about Rene Zellweger!

Baseball Junkie

Kenny Chesney is a class act doing a show despite the pain. But that's true of a lot of country musicians. They're not like the tempermental rock or pop musicians who stop their shows after a couple of songs cause they don't like the sound system or lighting or something. Country musicians care about their fans cause they know we're just folks like them. LONG LIVE COUNTRY MUSIC. And the indy rock that cares more about their fans than their star status. Check out the Dropkick Murphys and Flogging Molly if you want to hear other honest bands.

And to those of you who are claiming he's gay. Who cares? It's non of your godd@mn business anyway. Have you ever heard the phrase, "Methinks he protests too loudly". I think all of you idiots are gay yourselves and just hoping he walks on your side of the street.

Go Sox

Kelli

HAHA!! I saw him last summer here in the rain and nobody left. I can't wait until next weekend. He performs his booty off and does absolutly care about his fans. Brookes and Dunn and Leann Rimes as well...I am so excited!

zkzkzkzk

Samantha...cool...more tickets for thsoe who love him...

I was there, about 5 feet from the stage when it happened. He played longer than he normally does and yes...he had "self Medicating" but wouldn't you?

And...Renee who? We don't care and I'm pretty sure he doesn't care.

Mr. Hat

That was really good of him. I like him and Renee.

Twinker

Unlike Jessica Simpson and Miranda Lambert, Kenny has time and kindness for his fans....

Brokeback or broke foot, Kenny is first class.....and I don't even care for Country Music, but Kenny is a nice guy...

Kennyrocks

for all you haters out there it's a shame that you have to only like people that are straight.if he is gay I now know why he wont come out with it, I happen to like him as a person and a singer I have met him a few times and I dont think he is gay one bit. You people need to get a life and if you are that low I hope all of your kids are gay

Love you Kenny

Shia is a man now

Good voice, but only one truly good song, There Goes My Life. About 4 foot 10, 120 lbs, and bald, but still kinda sexy. Oh and gay.....Renee and Cracker are hip to it.....not that I care, I just wish he had the b@lls to come out.

Patty

We love you Kenny hope you will be ok. Can't wait for you to come to Arizona

CAROLE AGGERS

kenny is aok.....zellwiger is aok.....but not together.....love his music and character.....very sweet man.....

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments