No Foot, No Problem for Chesney

4/27/2008 12:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Kenny ChesneyKenny Chesney suffered a foot injury during his entrance to the stage last night -- but finished his set without incident. Who says country stars ain't tough?

He was coming up through the bottom of the stage on an elevator, when his foot (which was harnessed in for safety) got stuck between the lift and the stage. After finally freeing himself, Chesney performed his whole set -- he was the final act of a show that included LeAnn Rimes and Brooks & Dunn -- with a noticeable limp.

Chesney said afterwards, "I took one look at those fans, and there was no way I wasn't going on." And they all took one look at him and said, "Hey, wasn't he married to Renée Zellweger?"

CAROLE AGGERS

kenny is aok.......renee is aok.......but not together......bald, short,,slim.......the guys music is aone......so bring it on baby.......

Katy S.

Kenny is so freakin awesome!!! Not many people can say they have played for 2 hours on a broken ankle!! This was the best concert EVER!!! I've never had so much fun at one concert--everyone was great! Anyone who was there could see the pain on his face but he sang like there was no tomorrow...i love you Kenny!!!

Kelli

Kenny our date is in 5 more days...rest that foot cutie.

Nan3G

Kenny is one of the toughest cowboys out there. I am so glad he is doing ok. Can't wait to see him in Pittsburgh in June.

Susan

I was there and he still put on oen H**L of a show!!! He told the fans that he had been there all day and watched them party and tailgate in the parking lot and he was not going to let a broke foot stop him from parting..... Everyone was worried about him, and he still put on a GREAT show!!

jb

Hey TMZ guess you've never seen Kenny in concert. Quite frankly Ive always wondered why on earth he
married Her. Kenny honey I hope your foot is ok.

sdoherty

Yes, the concert was great but boy was it painful to watch. Would I have enjoyed it more if I did not see Kenny's face wincing in pain after every verse? YES! Kenny is a professional and he proved it Saturday night but my beef is with his fans. I personally would have begged him to seek medical attention (and I did yelling for him to see the doctor). Those hydrolic lifts are not forgiving and they do not stop just because a foot is stuck. If the platform was to extend higher, his foot was being crushed by thousands of pounds of pressure. Kenny was a trooper and he sang for two straight hours for his fans on a broken foot. What more could his fans ask for from the man? Oh yeah... encore! "Hey Kenny.... I know you are hurt and all, but could you sing me two or three more songs?"

Ramone

This queer fairy is not a cowboy. He's a gay closet queer that any REAL cowboy would beat the crap out of.

nicole

Even though he got hurt in Sc he rocked!!!! Thought he did an awsome job!!!

Anonymous

LOL...If you look at the pic that tmz shows of him, I think he's doing his Renee Zellweger impression. Squinty eyes, lemon pout mouth. LOL

Granny Pants

He was such a douche at Mohegan Sun they made him and his pals stay at Foxwoods.

LOVED IT

I was at the concert in Columbia, SC, on Sat. night and it was very obvious that Kenny was in severe pain. He did a damn good job and put on one helluva show - I can't wait to see him again!!!!!

Matt Damon

Thank you for all the Support, I LOVE MY FANS!! THANK YOU!!

I love Kenny!

I love Kenny Chesney!!!!! I've been listening to him since 1994. His music is awesome!!!! I can't wait to see him in concert again in July! There is a reason he has won Entertainer of the year a few times. He loves his fans and we love him!

DREW.

RESEARCH NEEDS TO BE DONE ON HOW MANY PEOPLE ACTUALLY ATTENDED THIS CONCERT. THE CONCERT WAS HELD AT A FOOTBALL STADIUM IN ORDER TO ACCOMMODATE HIS RIDICULOUS AMOUNT OF FANS IN SOUTH CARLOLINA. I AM NO KENNY CHESNEY/EVEN COUNTRY FAN, BUT DUE TO AN UNUSED TICKET, ATTENDED THE SHOW AND IT WAS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. THE ENERGY IN THAT STADIUM WAS UNREAL AND HE DESERVES MORE THAN RENEE ZELWHATEVERS BOYFRIEND..

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments