Muscly "Dancing" Star Screws Up Muscle

4/28/2008 11:21 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Cristian de la Fuente was rushed to the hospital in an ambulance after he suffered a pretty severe injury on "Dancing with the Stars."

Cristian and partner Cheryl Burke were doing their second dance of the evening when, suddenly, in the middle of the routine, de la Fuente did something to his forearm -- a muscle pull or something like that. They finished the dance, but quickly cut to a commercial break. When they came back from commercial, the pair was judged on the performance up to the point of injury.

The couple scored 21 for the dance -- the lowest score of the night.

No word on whether Cristian can continue in the competition.

kirbydog

I guess I'm censored now too... boo hoo....

L in SF

He stopped so suddenly, he may have torn a muscle, more then pulled it... If someone is in that much pain, and you're the producer, you want a third party professional, a medical doctor making the next decisions, so no one can accuse you of not paying attention... He was trying hard, looked like he was having fun, hopefully his low score won't boot him, and he can recover and return...

kirbydog

I'm still laffin over the original (DELEATED) comment # 40 that said Cheryl gave pitiful-pearl boy a B***-J** to make hi fweel bettah.......!!!!!!!!!!!

Patty

If he pulled a muscle, that would be painful, but I wouldn't think to the extent he was showing. He could have torn his muscle away from the bone, which would explain the ambulance and the pain he was in. That chick who does the interviews is a nutcase - He's grimacing in pain and holding his arm and she asks ", How much does it hurt?" Duh. If he tore the muscle FROM the bone, he won't be back in the competition.

Bubblebunny

I saw that last night ! He was crying after. It looked like he broke it. We felt the pain, ourselves ! Our prayers are with him. (His score was more like 26 to me.) They did well, before that , the judges did not want to show favoritism.)

guitarmom

Oh boy, to the people calling him a wimp, you have no ideal the pain a Distal Biceps Tendon Rupture can cause.
I would bet he won't be back dancing as he will need surgery. The muscle takes a long time to heal.

VS

What is sad about it. He was dancing for his daughter. I hope she did not see that second dance. He has a darling
daughter. He is good looking. I hope he can recover.

forevergreen

He had more than a "pulled muscle".....probably a muscle TEAR ! Those are very, very painful...that he finished it at all was pretty amazing....wait till the diagnosis...that's what it will end up being ! I hate that for him....I really do.

shirliana

I AM SO UPSET WITH THE JUDGES,,,, THEY GAVE HIM AND CHERYL A 7... WHEN THE HOST ASKED THE JUDGES HOW THE SCORES WOULD BE RATED - THEIR ANSWER WAS FROM THE TIME THEY STARTED DANCING ,,, AND THEY WOULD NOT CONSIDER THEIR POINTS WHEN HE WAS INJURED,...
I THINK THE JUDGES ARE HARSH.... NO COMPASSION,,,,,, HE STARTED DANCING EXTREMELY WELL... BECAUSE OF AN INJURY, U SCORED HIM A 7 AND 7 AND 7... WHAT A SHAME.... JUDGES.....

MAR

I think he faked the injury because he forgot the routine or something. The whole thing looked like something out of a telenovela.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4