Cristian Will Likely Say Hasta Luego

4/29/2008 1:11 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Cristian de la FuentSpies at "Dancing with the Stars" tell TMZ Cristian de la Fuente suffered a really gnarly injury and will likely pull out of the competition.

The spies say surgery is now a real option. He's set to see a specialist this morning. We're told the producers and dancers will meet at the CBS lot -- where the show is taped -- at 10:00 AM for a status update.

Stay tuned.

Lizzie from Corpus Christi, TX

love you christian, keep doing what you do, be funny and stay yourself-te queremos!!

Bubblebunny

I saw it happen, and I thought I heard a crack! Maybe something broke. I work for a Dr., and I know the face of pain. He was HURTING, you guys ! He is NO wuss ! Have a Heart ! Seems like a nice guy.

michele

I am so sad to hear this and I hope for a speedy recovery for this hottie! I could tell right away he has torn either a muscle, ligament or tendon! Come on people, cut him some slack! A torn muscle, tendon or ligament can hurt worse than a broken bone!

pohono

you know I thought I heard a pop too and then Cheryl stumbled a bit so I just naturally assumed she was the one hurt expecially since she stumbled two more times.... Then the final part of the number came and he dropped her and it became obvious that she was stumbling because he had gotten hurt and they were trying to keep to the choreagraphy and he just couldnt do it! Somehow I doubt this week will have a real elimination.. It will be more like the week that Sara Evens left. Nobody else gets eliminated because they have to fullfill the time allotted for the show.

Spellmaster

Didn't look like a cramp to a person I know with medical training. She thought it could be tendon damage... but of course, impossible to tell from TV. Good luck to him; hope he can continue and at least beat Marissa and Shannon (the others are probably better, healthy or not).

b.brigham

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO>>>>>>>MAYBE PEOPLE SHOULD BE CAREFUL WEIGHT LIFTING>>>>>>>>>>>HE IS SO HANDSOME AND NOW EVEN MORE FAMOUS IN THE USA>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>HE WOULD OF BEN IN #RD PLACE AT THE END>>I SAW IT HAPPEN AND THEN HE QUICKLY PUT IT BEHIND HIS BACK>SO CHERYL COULDNT PULL IT >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>GOOD LUCK

b.brigham

DEREK IS SO GREAT....SHANNON NEEDS TO SHOW SOME RESPECT...WHATS WITH THE BIG SMILE AND NOT BEING RESERVE WITH THE JUDGES...SHE SEEMS SO CHILDISH....GROW UP AND UP DEREK GO FARTHER THIS YEAR...HIS CHOREOGRPHY IS SO NEW AND NOT OLD LIKE THE OTHER PROFESSIONAL DANCERS....

jef

I like Christian but I'd sure like to see Cheryl to leave. She seems like a real bitc*.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3