Former "Idol" Has Bone to Pick ... from Hot Wings

4/30/2008 1:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Keep the wet-naps ready -- it'll be hard to sympathy clap for Chris Sligh with hot sauce on your hands.

Sligh, the Muppet-haired "Idol" wannabeen from Season 6, will be giving mouthwatering performances Thursday through Sunday at ... wait for it ... three different Wild Wing Cafes in South Carolina!

Does that count as a tour?

LuvnSC

Good for him ... Local hero or not, he is not a sell out like others and keeping it real. Go man! Not everyone can survive in the south!

jk

I would rather hear Sligh sing at a wing place then hear David Nose Noise Archuleta sing on idol.

Faith

Sweet... I'll be at the Greenville show. :)

hahahaha!

Picking on a guy for actually trying to make a living doing what he loves? So he isn't a rock star... we all have to pay the bills... glad he's found a way to make money singing. who cares where.. it's a paycheck.

Standards are badly needed.

Sweet. A paying gig, AND free (or cheap) wings. It could be a lot worse. He could be back in the kitchen frying them...or back in the plant, de-winging nekkid chickens....or back farther still, holding them by the neck ending the chicken's existance...

kjh

Sligh's performance of "Trouble" on Idol is still one of my favorites. I would go see him.

boredatwork

I live in SC & I can tell you that there are just not that many great places to go for fun around here, unless you live in Charleston or Columbia. Even clubs in big ol' Greenville are crap. Most folks hang at WW for the karioke & cheap booze, Yep sounds like Sligh's kinda place huh?

tracey

I'm with #1!

Twinker

Chicken strips are the breast part of a chicken....cluck...cluck...

Standards are badly needed.

I'm sure that 'Wild Wings', and Chris, thank TMZ for the free ad. Wings, anyone?

Standards are badly needed.

Chickens strip?

Gemma

Sligh is a local hero of sourts. It is very down to earth of him to give performances in his home town in a venue everyone can afford/attend. Sure he's not the most popular Idol contestant ever, but be fair. He's giving something to his community here, not just slumming it.

Rosalee

I echo the sentiments of You Owe Zero. Thanks for the publicity! He'll be playing his new CD repertoire to a packed house every night!

debbeliv

Wild Wings is a music venue in SC. I don't see any thing strange about him singing there. I've caught several acts at the ones in Columbia and Charleston

LOL

Hey it's more than Blake Lewis is doing.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments