Jon Lovitz Kills -- His Career?

5/1/2008 1:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jon Lovitz might want to think about sticking a foot long Subway sandwich in his mouth after he quoted Obama's frienemy Reverend Wright, then followed it up with an offensive AIDS joke aimed at Blacks -- at an AIDS charity event! Yeah, that's the ticket! Is what he said afterwards a recovery or not? Watch the video, then vote.

celebutaunter77

Somebody help me!!! I don't have any sound on work computer, I must know what he said!!!!!

celebutaunter77

Help! Somebody comment!!!

Kelli

Nope he is just not funny. He said "The government invented AIDS to kill black people but it is not working." He followed it up by saying "I meant it spreads to everyone." Not funny.

patsy ramsey

i am a huge fan of jon lovitz, the cartoon he stars in called the critic is hilarious.
if the tmz polls shows that most people find him racist then i will remove him from my funniest comedians list and ignore him
hopefully he saves himself or his career is burnt toast

celebutaunter77

Wow, thanks Kelli. Yep, not funny. In fact, has he EVER actually been funny?

Kim

Its only considered racist when its being said by a white man. If a black man made the same comment it wouldn't even be talked about.
The aids comments were not funny by any means, but why does it always have to be turned into a racism thing.

celebutaunter77

Ok "quesrtor", your right, the Critic was damn funny.

Kelli

Your welcome, glad I could help. I did enjoy him in that womens baseball movie but that is about it.

celebutaunter77

oops, "questor".

celebutaunter77

Oh yeah, "A Leauge of Their Own", pretty good movie.

Cartman

I thought he was funny but that is not an option when TMZ is hoping to kill someone's career, lol

just my input

I am so sick and tired of people not being able to take a joke or laugh at themselves....HE IS A COMEDIAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Black people trash white people day in and day out in the name of cmedy...but ooohhno......a white man does it and get that ass, Al Sharptin on speed dial!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This whole country needs to lighten up. When back comedians make white jokes....as I white woman myself...I think it is hilarious !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LIGHTEN UP!!!!
Yes, it was an off-key joke....but just lighten up!

dbreeze

Blacks can make fun of us "crackers", but God forbid we say anything! I do agree the AIDS jokes were not funny, but come on, get a life!

Bubblebunny

OK, I love John Lovitz, but that was NOT funny. Why does he do this stupid stuff ? Kramer, too.

Kelli

Now Kramer, he did it and it was funny, whatever happen to him? I've never seen him since, I wonder if he left the country?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments