Kanye

Knows How to

Charm the Critics

5/3/2008 1:21 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Kanye West is back to blogging, and as always he's extremely humble! Also, today is backwards day.

West's "Glow in the Dark" tour got less than an A+ review from Entertainment Weekly, and the rapper took to blogging it out, letting the critic know they're full of it:" Yo, anybody that's not a fan; don't come to my show ... Ya'll rated my album s**tty and now ya'll come to the show and give it a B+. What's a B+ mean? I'm an extremist. It's either pass or fail! A+ or F-! You know what, f**k you and the whole f**king staff!!!" Ya gotta respect a man that prefers an F- over a B+! College dropout is right!

Kanye ends his blog with a classy, "Never come 2 one of my shows ever again, you're not invited and if you see me...BOW!!" Maybe EW can grade on a curve next time!

Thor

This reminds me of Europe Music Awards 2006, where he cursed at everyone for not winning the award for best video. His logic was that: because he spent a million dollars on the video, it is also the best one. Doesn’t such a logic merely make him a business-man and not an artist? I actually like some of his songs, but I always ask myself what would be left of them, if they weren’t filled with inputs from other artists. He always takes old songs that have been successful in the past and rap his uninteresting lyrics between the choruses. I have heard a lot of rap, and believe me, his lyrics are very poor, and the only thing holding his songs up, are these inputs from other songs (like in Gold Digger, Diamonds Are Forever, Jesus Walks With Me etc.). A song that has been successful in the past will undoubtedly get some of the attention it once had. It's a sort of safety-net for him, and it's lame. He can't make his own songs.

Therefore, while I do like many of his songs, I feel it necessary to ask myself who should be credited for their success: him or the artist he has taken the chorus (which is certainly the catchy part of the song) from?

So while he is out there with his narcissistic self-loving nature, I really find it hard to agree with his idea of his own artistic abilities.

Kelli

Kanye, ya seem a little hard on yourself, calm down. Not everyone will like you but who cares?

bob

you stole this from Perez Hiltons blog,

Just sayin'

He is the most conceited douche bag there is. He expects everyone to like him and when they don't he throws a hissy fit. Your in the wrong business then Kanye if you can't take a little criticism. Poor Loser is the best way to describe him when he loses at award shows. WAAAHHHHHHH!!!! BOO HOO!!

good grief!

wow!!! this guy needs some serious therapy!!! biggest cry-baby I have ever know!!!!

Adrienne

Bow down to him? I think not.....

Kirk-Montreal

i want to slap his ugly face sooo bad...give me the chance....
is there anyone more arrogant thank this dumbass...
he should be lucky he is not on some chain gang somewhere, picking cotton...
another place and time kanye, you would be a bit more humbled.

jennifer

I completely agree with #'s 3, 4, 5, 6. I really could not have said it better myself. He's an ass.

Liz

I think Kanye needs to put in a room with Naomi Campbell..........they are both ABOVE everyone!!!

Just another ungrateful self absorbed ******!

kris

Didn't Perez post this YESTERDAY?!?

619 Truth

The San Diego concert was JUST OK. A lot of people left early to beat traffic. Timing was a bit off for the effects. B+ is a fair rating.

Joe

He originally ended his blog by telling the critic to kill himself... then he removed that part.

Stephanie

I think that Kanye is a great artist, who really does deserve some praise! of course he is full of himself, and he flaunts that fact every chance he gets, at least he's true about it, unlike most celebs who pretend they arent full of themselves! I think that everyone should jsut give him a break, I mean his album did sell #1, that really should mean something!

Lesley

Don't worry Kanye most people won't be going to see your racist ass anyway, and would never buy your music.

annette

Montreal Guy #6--I agree that Kanye is a cry baby..not in the least grateful for what destiny, karma, God or whatever he believes in has given him. But to make reference to "picking cotton" makes you the biggest dumbass I've ever seen blogging to date. You disgrace yourself. I pray to God you are not white as I do not want my race disgrace by the likes of you. I believe Kanye West is racist as well...so maybe you and he should sit down and have a faceoff.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments