"A.I." Top Four Drown in a Sea of Snappers

5/4/2008 6:49 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Say goodbye to small town obscurity! For now, at least.

The final four "A.I." contestants -- David Cook, David Archuleta, Syesha Mercado and Jason Castro -- were greeted in Las Vegas yesterday by a pap/fan crush only Brangelina and Britney have witnessed.

Who knew "Idol" was so popular?

Robert

be careful with that e-bay shoppin girl have a nice day. at least teem harvey don't kick me off if I'm mackin menial comments and don't get to talkin to political.

Jack

Robert.....ENGLISH....Do you speak it?????

Robert

sorry for the extra letter in makin, still teachen my fingers to walk across the key board. LOL :-(

anonymous

I can't wait for this show to be over I hate it to much coverage in the media!!!!!!!!!!

CTS

Jason (Tiny Tim) Castro should be next to go. Jason needs to get back home to smoke his weed.

jaynedoughe

I'm sorry but ever since they eliminated Michael Johns, I became disinterested in this years idol. I don't think the singers are that good this year although I like Jason Castro.As for Paula, she is just fine where she is with the idol. I just feel that this years idol doesnt compare to the previous ones because of their ages (too young) and their lack of talent.

Me

I hope it's not a David/David finale...how boring. Archuletta has a beautiful voice, but his song choices are syrupy pop ballads. I'd never buy his CD. And he can do Disney movie songs and Broadway without the the Idol Crown, so I hope he's the next to go. Technical voice isn't everything--especially when it's delivered in a cheesy, "aw shucks" way. Sweet kid, nice voice, but not an Idol.

Cook's the real deal. Great voice and a great performer. Except there are tons like him out there--Daughtry, Nickelback, etc. I really want to like him more, but the boner's not coming...

Castro: Most memorable songs ever on the show--Hallelujah, Rainbow, Daydreamin Boy...But also some of the worst. But I gotta ask, do we need our current pop stars to be able to do cheesy songs from CATS?!?! And my "American Idol" "fight for the underdog" spirit is ignited to support a guy thrown under the bus and forced to sing after he's told a song sucks before he opens his mouth. And he's NOT a stoner---devout Christian, in fact. People gotta stop judging other people on how they look...

Syesha: Pretty voice. Pretty girl. But I can never remember what she sang the next day...And don't we already have a ton of pop singers just like her?

I want a David Cook/Jason Castro finale. Jason SHOULD win and bring back a folk rock revival, but Cook will. He'll have one pretty good album and disappear into obscurity...

Meanwhile, Paula needs to be kicked off and replaced with Michael Sleazak...PRONTO.

sad day

David Archuleta has to go.....Michael John was the best. Cook is way better then Archuleta. I WOULD NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM ARCHULETA he is so overrated its not even funny. I seen people on open mic night better then him. PLEASE.

jonalisa

wow! the votes are shocking here. i thought David Cook was going to be in the lead, by far and here he is only getting 7percent?

jonalisa

that is so funny, Jason Castro DOES need to get home and smoke some Weed! you nailed it!

Davido LegEagle

The whole shoot was staged. Just like the show.

Ann

#24 - The 7 percent is for the number of people who think Cook will be voted OFF. Mercado leads as to who will get the boot this week.

Just call me trailer trash....

2 weeks after the final show I won't remember any of their names....maybe the winner

busted Brad

Dred dood needs to go! He can't sing and he has a huge ego and attitude. He doesn't even seem like he cares. He doesn't deserve to still be on the show at all! I bet those dreds stink to high heaven!

busted Brad

I agree Tam the Dred dude needs to go and I bet he does stink. I just want to pull his hair out! and slap his face he is a smart ass!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments