"A.I." Top Four Drown in a Sea of Snappers

5/4/2008 6:49 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Say goodbye to small town obscurity! For now, at least.

The final four "A.I." contestants -- David Cook, David Archuleta, Syesha Mercado and Jason Castro -- were greeted in Las Vegas yesterday by a pap/fan crush only Brangelina and Britney have witnessed.

Who knew "Idol" was so popular?

Funny Answers

Syesha won't get voted off until the end, as she is the favorite of Gawg. Haven't you noticed that when she sings, her phone number appears on screen, but not when other sing, it appears after they sing. Last Tuesday, each time , Twice, she sang her name appeared. But when the other ones sang, Ryan said their number for fast that it was hard to get it down. I do believe that it is a "wHOM DO WE LIKE" Contest instead of best vocals. It is a ahame, when it started out a few years ago as talent, but then each year people get to vote as many times as they want because the show makes so much money per vote from the phone company. Shame that the best singers don't win anymore.

anonymous

can't wait till this show is over to much publicity and I do not watch!!!!!!!!!!

John

get cook out of there, he's the most unoriginal one of the bunch and his career is going nowhere

fabulous fifty

Is it just me, or does jason Castro resemble John Travolta??

Killer J

MMMmmm...Khloe

blahblahblah

I Think Jason is incredible..........unique, humble and he is easy on the eyes. He is the only person left who has stayed true to his authentic self. Rock on Jason :)

mona

What I can't figure out is why David Archuleta is even in the top 10! He sounds like a girl trying to sing like a boy and it looks like he has a constant wedgie. He has no depth to his voice and has no promise of being a pop star. If it wasn't for all the little girls who watch AI, he would be gone by now. I can't stand him.

Mary Worth

The finale was fixed for David and David, a long time ago. Just as it was fixed last year for Blake and Jordin. Remember last year when another male contestant leaked out the info that one of the males was sorta bragging that he was to be in the finals?
This was weeks before the actual final.

You can see the excessive fawning over David Archuleta, by Randy Jackson. That's a clue. Another is the passes both David A. and Jason get week after week.

AI might be interesting again, if:
1. They limited the voting to ten votes per caller.
2- They disbarred any so-called patriotic songs.
3- They forbade any gospel singing.
4- They quit featuring stories filled with pathos; thus giving a contestant sympathy votes.
5- They clamped down on judges saying nasty personal things about contestants such as "bush baby".
6- They reigned in Seacrest's cruelty, such as he exhibited by teasing Michael Johns just before he told him he's going home.

Jenny

I am in this Pic, amazing I could find myself... pretty cool. I am one of the snappers :)

Tony

The show is not fixed. If anything, this year the eliminations have been pretty much right down the line according to the talent of the contestant. The final two will be the two David's, not because it was pre-determined, but because those two are the most talented. It's a toss-up at this point, and although I like them both and think that they will both be big stars, David Archuleta is my favorite.

And the "bush baby" comment, offered by Simon, wasn't the nicest thing ever uttered, but the guy did look extremely weird, and the guy sure wasn't idol material. I'm still trying to figure out why some of the people that try out every year think they can sing.

Razzed

David Cook is the most talented in the bunch; certainly, the most original. He should win, but then, I won't be surprised if the teenagers go dumb-dumb and let Archuleta win. Jason really needs to go--he sounds quite breathless in a lot of the songs he sings--not very attractive. Syesha's talented, too.

DAVID COOK FOR THE WIN!!!

hello, it

19. Jason (Tiny Tim) Castro should be next to go. Jason needs to get back home to smoke his weed.

Posted at 5:07PM on May 4th 2008 by CTS

Actually, he is a big time Christian, doing missionary work and all. His hair has to do with his family history, not drugs.

tracey

Boycott American Idol, it's nothing more than a popularity contest promoting bad music!

Star

JASON IS A BORE ALWAYS SLOW SONGS DAVID COOK ROCKS IT EVERY WEEK HE CHANGES IT UP TO KEEP IT INTERSTING DAVID A I HAVE NO IDEA WHY HE IS EVEN STILL THERE! SYESHA IS GOOD, BUT WONT WIN...

Alexa

I hope Jason's the next to go. His hair is so dirty-looking and disgusting.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments