Forrest Gump Supports Wapner, Obama

5/4/2008 1:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Tom Hanks wants Barack Obama to be Prez, and it could be one of the most effective celeb endorsements so far.

Hanks, who put his homemade video up on his MySpace page, begins by saying, "I'm Tom Hanks and I want Barack Obama to be the next President of our country. As an official celebrity, I know my endorsement has just made your mind up for you."

Hanks then gets serious, acknowledging both candidates have screwed up and associated with the wrong people, including relatives. Could Tommy boy really be saying that about Bill?

Watch, then cast your vote!

yer mom's soo effin hot!!

SnoreBama LOSE!!!

mitzie

Should we care who Tom Hanks votes for?

Mr. Hat

Oh, Tom. you disappoint me!

Robert

kelli, we havin a party down there in Texas or something sister? whacha waitn for.

TMZhires13yearolds

I'm curious. Why are all your stories credited to "TMZ staff"? Doesn't anyone actually want to put their names to these works of art? My guess is you don't want future employers perusing your work.

He's Boring now

Typical Hanks...plays war heroes but wouldnt serve a day for his country nor would anyone he'd ever endorse. go to the sean penn party Tom, you're table is ready.

drink me, eat me

I wish NO celebs came out, that way there would be no favorites played, as Hanks acknowledged in the beginning of his video.

Kelli

Huh? I partied myself out at the "Kenny Chesney" concert last night. I'm not sure what your talking about though. Have a great day.

drink me, eat me

So Hanks is supporting Obama because he's black?!! I'm sure that's just the kind of support Obama wants, oh who am I kidding, he'll take anything he can get right now. OBAMA SCARES ME

Democrats are evil

Why do these Hollywood liberals want to abandon the capitalism that has made them so wealthy for the socialistic marxism that guys like O'bama want to install in the United States. Listen to the debates Hanks. O'bana wants to raised Capital gains taxes, even though history has proven that the government collects more money overall when the tax is reduced to 15% or less. Obama says screw that. It's not fair to the super wealthy so it needs to go back to 30%. Elect O'bama and get used to less money in your wallets, more government involvement that will never go away. Liberals are just as stupid as rocks. Right, Leave Iraq now, never drill for oil in the US and watch your gas go up to $6-8 dollars a gallon. Democrats praise Ethanol, but now there are worldwide food shortages of corn and rice and gas still is plentiful and on the rise. Dumb as rocks. Support CAPITALISM. Drill for oil in the US and watch competition at work. Oil will magically go down. Support the liberal socialists and prepare to pay out the nose. Dumb as rocks.

Rat

Fine! vote for the muslim N----ger.

Rat

#21 Democrats are Evil.

Well said!

DC

Oh sure and I will change my mind just for you Tom Hanks,,,,,,,are you kidding me or what!!!! What planet are you living on for crying out loud?

Mr. Hat

Obama supporters remind me of HITLER youths!

Robert

TIME FOR A SAFTY MEETING, EVERY ONE HUDDLE UP TO THE CIRCLE OF LIFE SO AS EVERY ONE CAN GET THEIR HEADS ON STRAIGHT!!