Forrest Gump Supports Wapner, Obama

5/4/2008 1:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Tom Hanks wants Barack Obama to be Prez, and it could be one of the most effective celeb endorsements so far.

Hanks, who put his homemade video up on his MySpace page, begins by saying, "I'm Tom Hanks and I want Barack Obama to be the next President of our country. As an official celebrity, I know my endorsement has just made your mind up for you."

Hanks then gets serious, acknowledging both candidates have screwed up and associated with the wrong people, including relatives. Could Tommy boy really be saying that about Bill?

Watch, then cast your vote!

Rat

Forrest Grunt Hey man the terror group Hamas also endorsed me.

And Hitler was a liberal and a Vegetarian.
The liberals in the USA are much closer to Hitlers style of fascist totalitarianism, especially those endorsing MANDATORY govt. health care-think DMV for health care as well as turning back the clocks, and destroying the world economy to fight the global warming hoax,
We liberals know what is best for you! You don't because you are common-folk, uneducated and sheltered.
You will give all your wealth and future to us, the state and wee will tell you how to live, what to believe even what to eat.
Because you do not know what's good for you. We democrats know better.
You no longer have to worry about your hopes and dreams, you don't have to be competitive (unless we tell you to), We will do everything for you!
The only thing you need to know is that the best you can ever do, ever hope to accomplish in life is to be a part of our perfect society.

yer mom's soo effin hot!!

wow. now after actually having watched this crap...must've been death threats.

Virginie

I read a few comments, so here's mine :

Tom Hanks put this video on his Myspace page (take a look at it at you'll see his page and his videos are about him as a man, not about him as an actor.) Tom Hanks is an American citizen before to be an actor. And as every American citizen he has the right to freedom of opinion and freedom of speech; just like anybody else. Everybody could make their own video and puts it on their Myspace page or Youtube channel to show their support to a candidate. I don't take this video as a celebrity endorsing a candidate but as a regular guy endorsing a candidate.
As for his sentence "As an official celebrity, I know my endorsement has just made your mind up for you" : he's kidding !
Aren't you aware that Tom Hanks he's a man who likes laughing, joking and having fun ?

Virginie // From France

T-Fed

Tune it for the new Bossom Buddies , starring Tom Hanks and Barack Obama. Coming Thursdays at 7pm e.s.t. only on NBC. The place for politics?

jfp

Here's a clue for you all. No matter who is elected, they will end up sucking. All three are full of crap but the winner of these losers will end up with egg on the faces of all those supporting them. So in a way, I'm hoping and can't wait to see dolts like Hanks having to face up to BHO failures and disappointments.

I'm just hoping I can write in a vote, ie: anyone in favor of the USA signing the ICC agreements and handing over all guilty persons.

tard in the hood

Being a typical white woman...I'll vote for whoever tommy wants!

tard in the hood

the church obsamaobama went to is also oprah's

Mike

I didn't know Tom Hanks had a substance abuse problem. He's got NObama of the brain. FDR, JFK, REAGAN... c'mon Tom, wake up

margo

uh, excuse me Mr Hanks, but George W. Bush will not be watching the next president swear on the bible in November. It will be in January.

Dan

Wow Tom still looks hot !! Tom makes some good points and Obama will probably be the nominee, but I still support Hillary.

kahuna

I've gotta go with Tom Terrific, a long time Dem activist.

Sally

Tom Hanks is a history buff and he is right about this is a moment in history. We have not had a great leader in a long time. I respect Obama's integrity and intelligence. I dropped out of politics in 1975 because working inside politcs I saw the corruption and dishonesty. Obama is the first leader who has given me hope again. VOTE!

mr.money

tom means more then oprah to me , but im still not voting for obama. have a great day tom hanks

same same same

any supporter of Obama is deaf dumb and blind!

same same same

I had to quit watching the video when mr hanks mentions obamas character! seriously the man, Obama has nothing to say and has displayed the poorest judgment of any candidate! 6 weeks ago he supports his pastor his pal, his mentor rev wright... this week he has a change of heart and throws Wright under the bus!

any man and father who would subject his family to the likes of wright definitly has poor judgement!