Forrest Gump Supports Wapner, Obama

5/4/2008 1:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Tom Hanks wants Barack Obama to be Prez, and it could be one of the most effective celeb endorsements so far.

Hanks, who put his homemade video up on his MySpace page, begins by saying, "I'm Tom Hanks and I want Barack Obama to be the next President of our country. As an official celebrity, I know my endorsement has just made your mind up for you."

Hanks then gets serious, acknowledging both candidates have screwed up and associated with the wrong people, including relatives. Could Tommy boy really be saying that about Bill?

Watch, then cast your vote!

Sue

Has Hanks even listened to Obama lately or watched the news? Character? Truth? Integrity? I guess Hanks has fallen for the Obama is the new messiah nonsense. It's odd to me that so many wealthy celebrities support socialist causes and socialist candidates.

:what ev errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Oh Tom,,,,,,,,,just stick to acting. REALLY, who gives a rat's ass who you are voting for. I hope your reading these posts. Now go back to making movies like a good boy.

Erik

You forgot to give up the third choice that most of us could use. "Who Cares". I would have checked the box on that third choice. These celebrity types need to shut the F$%K up and keep their opinions to themselves before the general, non-celebrity public demands equal time. This is so ridiculous for these star idiots to be allowed to use their fame and fortune to get stupid idiots such as Obama and Hillary into the White House.

Erik

I like Tom Hanks as an actor, but as a political diagnostician, no thanks, stick to acting and directing movies.

dee

I guess Tom didnt see the Wright clip. It doesnt matter anyway because I'll vote for who I want. There is no celebrity who will influence my vote. But knowing who Tom Hanks is voting for gives me a better perspective of who he is.

jfp

It occurs to me that this is Tom Hanks jumping up&down on Oprah's couch moment. (the beginning of the End)

TT

Obama is not to be trusted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Check Fox-news....

Deb

Love him but not his presidential choice SORRY NOT VOTE FOR OBAMA

Enough of the whiners

Bummer, another good actor off my watch list. It amazes me these people who support someone for president that spent 20 years listening to a racist man who says he is a man of the cloth paleeze and says he didn't see that side. If he is that blind you think he can run the country? And why would he think his opinion would prompt me to vote his way, he is an ACTOR for goodness sakes.

LOL

FOX NEWS is not to be trusted...

LOL

Tom is a wise man. Those of you who think not and feel Obama is a Pres-Risk because of his Rev., can you explain the motives of Hill & McCain??? His "spiritual advisor" says Katrina happened due to homosexuality in LA. And Hill is a lying ass feminist who can't match wits with anyone but Alzheimer's Ridden McCain.

Obama do your thing baby!

Glee (I'm baaaaack)

It is very heartening to see the anti-obama people are posting thoughts that are illiterate and racist and sound like they are 7 years old (my guess many of these comments are from the same person with multiple screen names). I know they would never have voted for Obama anyway and I'm happy to report that Obama is still doing very well in spite of you - I'd rather be in the company of hanks than a a racist pig - happy to be on the correct side, just happy.

have a nice day :)

Mike

Why didn't TMZ give us the options of "neither"?

truth2008

This takes ex post facto method acting to a whole new level--does Hanks really need to BE FORREST GUMP at this point? Is there a sequel in the works??

Dude, life is like a box of Kool Aid!

Dim wit arse.

Enough of the whiners

Actually you are wrong. I considered him originally. The fact that he will not salute the Flag, the fact that his wife if FINALLY proud to be an American. And the list goes on. No, I don't think so. I also love they way people throw out that racist card, makes me laugh.