Cruise Puts Crazy on Hold for Cancer Victim

5/5/2008 10:32 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The manic antics surrounding Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes were suddenly subdued when the mother of a two-year-old cancer victim ambushed them for support outside their New York hotel.

Tom was anything but glib while listening to the woman's story.

Linda

Yes, it very sad that 1 - 5 kids has asthma, and cancer in kids is not uncommon, and the teachers are teaching our kids that their life expectancy has gone down by 10 yrs because of the way we pollute the earth. Then I drive around the block and I feel intense hatred toward the lawn care polluters. It's very sad.

Linda

All I can say is 'MAKE IT RIGHT" STOP POLLUTING OUR PLANET WITH PESTICIDES AND KILLING OUR CHILDREN.

L Ron was a CON

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING.

SORRY FOLKS - DO A LITTLE RESEARCH
This is the same organisation that infiltrated the IRS.
They have hundreds of millions of dollars at their disposal
AND ARE CURRENTLY IN MASSIVE DAMAGE CONTROL
You don't think they could organise this ??
Puuuuuhhhhhlllleeeeaaaasssssseeeee

Whatever arrangement they made
IT IS A BIG FAT SET UP.

The cult of scientology are buying up millions of dollars of advertising on youtube and myspace and many many other popular sites.
Their google adwords monthly bill would feed an African nation.
This organisation has and will stoop to anything.

DO NOT BELIEVE ONE MOVE TOM MAKES
Why didn't he offer her a sauna and some vitamins?
Or a few auditing sessions to clear away the thetans?

IF IT LOOKS LIKE A DUCK......

SCIENTOLOGY - worse than you ever imagined.

celebutaunter77

Lawn care causing kids to have cancer? Are you f***ing serious?

Linda

Ahh as if they really care. I've had a perfect environmental idea that will make a huge difference saving the planet, but does anyone want to spend an hour of their precious time looking at it. fuuuuugetit Everyone thinks your a scammer of a con artist. No one is willing to sit down and listen. Are you sure that this isn't just Tom's way to overshadow the fact that he said People don't need antidepressants. Gee I wonder if the Mom of the little girl could use some Tom???

Linda

Do you think the Mom of the little girl could use some of those anti depressants now Tom?

Linda

Yes, of course the PESTICIDES that people use to kill living grass, kills children and causes cancer. I don't believe you don't know that?? What is that saying?

Linda

Why do you think so many housewives are getting cancer. Does toxic cleaning materials mean anything to anyone?

L Ron was a CON

i feel terrible for anyone with cancer
i hope she recovers

but i also believe tom cruise would do ANYTHING do rehab his image
i simply think he is the boy who cried wolf
in the oprah interview all he did was blame everyone else for his past interviews
well, i went back and watched them
and NO - he wasn't pressured, nervous or egged on
he was arrogant, dismissive and egotistical
that's the REAL tom - everything else is just marketing
and so is this little stunt
the mother , just happened to be there did she??
right
sure
we believe you tom

Linda

Are people really that stupid? The world is an illusion of sanity, be very careful what you eat, what you buy, what's in the air, if your house is close to factories or powerlines......the list doesn't stop. Are people that naive? really? They don't know the horrible statistics on cancer in children or in adults? They don't know our life expectancy is lowered by 10 years since we have created this cancer building situation and it's causing our own demise. If I repeat myself, please forgive, TMZ seems to be censoring every second message.

celebutaunter77

hmmmmm, I don't put pesticides on my front lawn, just some good ol' water. Is that going to cause cancer as well? Please, someone let me know! I need to know wheather or not to even leave my house, for fear of cancer, and fear of giving your kids cancer. Hey, in the 80's, didn't sweet 'n low cause cancer too? And red M&M's? Help, I'm scared. Can you hear the sarcasim, I'm laying it on pretty thick.

L Ron was a CON

TOM CRUISE & SCIENTOLOGY
PROVING ONCE AGAIN THAT NO CON IS TOO LOW

xenu.net
xenutv.com

Linda

Watch who you sleep with too....Viruses can cause cancer too. Not to mention the colds and crap they catch at school. Look up your sons and daughters, or consider home schooling at least. And Pesticide companies ----you know where you can go, since you insist on dragging the rest of us down there with you.

Krisann

May have been a plant BUT it's not a lie and as a Mom I know that I would do whatever I had to do to bring attention to my child if I needed help. I went to the site, GraceO'gorman.com and this isn't just a story. Grace is a little girl in need of some serious help and I hope that with this attention she will get it. WE HAVE ALL contributed to Tom's wealth so maybe he will spare a few bucks and help this baby get the treatment she needs and deserves.

Hippo

It's possible that the charity is real but that the woman herself was a plant to try to make Tom look sympathetic.

Just because there is a real child with cancer does not mean this isn't a fraudulent ploy. Tom has done so many dishonest things, I have no trust in him anymore. One way to make this scenario look authentic is to have a real website, and make sure that the TMZ viewers can hear the audio so they can look it up for themselves. When they do so, they assume everything is on the up-and-up.