Is the Fix in For Archuleta?

5/7/2008 1:12 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

David Archuleta could fart and the "A.I." judges would say bravo.

Davie boy was pretty good last night, but really, it's as if the judges were preprogrammed to drool over him regardless of what he did. They didn't cream over Kelly Clarkson the way they did with David, and no offense, but he eats her dust.

"Idol" has its mitts on the recording contracts of the winners. So is this about talent, or that David is more commercial and has a longer shelf life? We're just askin'.....

FixIsInTheMix

I agree with many here... the kid can sing, but he has NO STAR QUALITY!! I think that he'll win AI and his album is going to flop, just like Taylor Hicks, Ruben Studdard and has anyone heard anything from Jordan Sparks?!

David Cook won't win it (although, I'd like him to), but will be this season's Chris Daughtry. Regardless of what is said after America is "in charge" of voting for their favorite Idol, the judges' input still weighs heavy in the audience's minds... I agree that it's a fix...

Raz

Archuleta is another stupid-ass robotic token Mormon. Idol always has one or two Mormon idiots in the finals.

stanw

I think that with only 4 contestants left, the judges realize that the one with the best commercial potential is the one they will back. To the extent that the judges can influence voting, there is no question in my mind that David A. is their choice. I also believe that David C. has the best appreciation for music as an artist and Syesha could very well go onto the legitimate musical stage.

tennille

while i don't care for the kid at all, he (his dad) is very smart. he picks songs that are well known by all generartions. even teeny boppers have heard of elvis so his songs choices are brilliant. i would like to see for once (since kelly clarkson) the BEST performer win. that would be d. cook. at the same time i would hate to see him under the "control" of AI. he's too good for that.

HUNG LONG ON IDOL

When he sings, it sounds like he is using a scuba diving regulator.

grumpy

just face it hes young and a very good singer he kicks butt also david cook is also very good its going to be tough

youngmiss

if david wins i wont watch anymore..it seems so rigged this year and the talent is by far the worst i have ever seen.. how did dreadlock boy make it so far? jason castro is to busy looking"high" to take this competion seriously..david cook ugh.. please..syeesha she is good but sounds like everyone else already out there..i think after this season idol should shut down and make a different show start over or change the rules..with 12 year olds voting true talent will never win.

Figgynoz

I find him very annoying. His "gosh, golly, gee whiz" attitude is nauseating. He would be good for the Mickey Mouse Club. I also see him as a future Wiggle.

But as much as I love David Cook, I agree that it would probably be in his best interest not to win.

jackie

This show is rigged he is nothing more than a wedding/kareoke singer and has no talent. He should have been one of the first voted off. IDOL sucks this year

Betty

Judges rave over David even when he hits a sour note; its over looked. If he wins, we will not be watching Idol next season. This has been a strange season and it appears to be rigged. I am disappointed!
Betty

snowwhite

Oh Pease American Idol.... If David Archuleta wins AI I will no longer watch it! COOK is the one here with the REAL STAR POWER!! I watched AI with my family and we were all shocked withthe judges comments. COOK ROCKED THE PLACE! HE is why we still tune in. Most of us know that the show is rigged for Archuleta to win but it will be COOK who s the winner in the long run...

I think that there are perverts running the show and they have a thing for Archuleta... What else I ask you could it be?

Tired and Ready for A Nap

I don't care for him. His humble act is getting phony. He has no real personality. A lot of PR 'sizzle' and no real steak. I'm voting for David Cook!

Kristie in Kentucky

David is too inmature for an Idol win. He is not commerically sound, unless you listen to the easy music channel. All he can sing are ballads. He is as bad as Paula when it comes to speaking. I say get him outta here. Or, on the other hand, let him stay and we will be sure not to hear of him again.

snowwhite

DAVID COOK HAS LASTING STAR POTENTIAL AND I AS WELL AS OTHERS I KNOW ARE ANXIOUSY AWAITING HIS FIRST RELEASE! AMERICAN IDOL GET WITH THE PROGRAM!!!

Katie

i thought david a was horrible last night he murdered love me tender;i am sure lisa presley was holding her ears.they got rid of michael and carly s.and,he still is there.why? I DO NOT THINK I WILL BE WATCHING NEXT YEAR.THEY SHOULD NOT LET PPL. VOTE.I THINK IT SHOULD BE PROF. PEOPLE.NOT FANS;HE NEVER CHANGES EXPRESSION AND,I THINK DAVID COOK.IS EXCELLENT.DAVID A WILL NOT SALE RECORDS UNLESS IT IS TEENY BOPPERS.