Is the Fix in For Archuleta?

5/7/2008 1:12 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

David Archuleta could fart and the "A.I." judges would say bravo.

Davie boy was pretty good last night, but really, it's as if the judges were preprogrammed to drool over him regardless of what he did. They didn't cream over Kelly Clarkson the way they did with David, and no offense, but he eats her dust.

"Idol" has its mitts on the recording contracts of the winners. So is this about talent, or that David is more commercial and has a longer shelf life? We're just askin'.....

Renee

I can't stand that nasaly, whiny voice. He always sounds like he's gasping for air and what's with licking the lips all the time?? Gayvid Archuleta will probably win, but it will be David Cook who'll bring in the moola.

ATRIA

I CANNOT SEE DAVID A OUT WORKING THE STAGE HE IS TOO SHY.....DOESN'T SEEM TO KNOW WHAT TO SAY OR MAYBE THINKS HE WILL SAY THE WRONG THING.........

c1rodz

Yeah I thought I was the only one who noticed he missed a note. He squealed a last note on "Love Me Tender". Why you ask? Because HE HAS NO RANGE!!! Kid has no range. He has no personality. At least David Cook and Syeisha test their vocal limits. Cook messes with the artistic arrangement a bit. Archie doesn't do squat but sit there and squint when he sings. He is atrocious!!

rj

Are you kidding? Eats Clarkson's dust? And there is a lot of dust around Clarkson, where is she and what has she done lately? Every celebrity who has been on, especially Andrew Lloyd Webber and Neil Diamond have talked about what a prodigy David Archuleta is, he not only has incredible vocal talent, but he is brilliant in regards to the songs he picks to perform. The timbre of his voice is so incredible and he is FAR beyond his years in regards to his talent. His stage presence is coming along as well - remember he is only 17 - and his humility is part of his charm!

Tim Pearson

If David does end up winning, he will sell as many records as Taylor did. I really wish the producers would get a clue and fix all of the major issues of the show or quit calling it a "singing competition", which it's not. David A. has millions of little 12yr old girls voting for him probably hundreds of times a piece each week. The entire voting system is flawed and really needs to be changed, but if they made the voting system fair then the total number of votes would go down. David Cook really has the best recording voice out of all of them and he will go on to sell many albums like Chris Daughtry did. I kind of hope David C. loses so he can make a better album than what they would "force" him to make anyway. Just my 2 cents.

Debra Z

We watched, and my mother and I were horrified at how openly the judges were rooting for Archuletta. My mom (who is 60) calls him "Puppet Boy" with David's dad and AI producers being the puppetmasters. Same dumb grin, same flat singing, same...same...same... They never call him on his cracking vocals, missed words, or not being himself. It is so obvious! You should read the AI boards. Talk about brutal. But..that is entertainment.

My mom is putting parental controls on the TV for next year so I can't watch (I'M 39!!) Idol ever again.

One last thing GO DAVID COOK!!! You'll succeed no matter what!

Kat

They say that this year has the "best talent". What do you think? I have seen some other seasons that seemed to have better talent.

chester

David's 2nd song ended not so well, but the recap the ending was totally different. The show is definitely rigged! Does AMerican Idol not think that people with DVR wouldn't pick that up? think again!

Kat

Sorry, but Kelly has 2 platinum albums and one gold. She was won 2 Grammy awards a sswipe. That isn't too shabby.

Kat

Kelly's last album wasn't much a success, but she has done very well with her career. To say Archie is way better than her is jumping the gun. He is a good vocalist, but that is all the kid has going for him. At least Kelly writes many of hers songs.

hello, it

I used to really like the kid. Now he just bores me. His song choices are way too old for his age, so this tends to creep me out. I would love to see Mr. Cook win, but we all know he would have no freedom as to what music would go on his CD.

Kat

Carrie Underwood kicks Archuleta to the curb. She is the most successful Idol of them all. No comparison.

Kat

David A. would probably pee his pants if his father looked at him the wrong way. Give him his blankie and teddy bear and send him to bed.

Kat

The kid is so sugar coated that he rots my teeth. Dentist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Luke

The fix has been in since he was old enough to compete on Idol (or do some people still think that TPTB haven't been drooling over this kid since he first appeared on their radar?) It just so happened that the music climate was perfect for him at the time of his eligibility.

Idol has never seen a bigger "RINGER."