Is the Fix in For Archuleta?

5/7/2008 1:12 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

David Archuleta could fart and the "A.I." judges would say bravo.

Davie boy was pretty good last night, but really, it's as if the judges were preprogrammed to drool over him regardless of what he did. They didn't cream over Kelly Clarkson the way they did with David, and no offense, but he eats her dust.

"Idol" has its mitts on the recording contracts of the winners. So is this about talent, or that David is more commercial and has a longer shelf life? We're just askin'.....

Brookeabcdefg

Holy hell, what is wrong with this world? Can't see the the talent? Get glasses!! This kid is a STAR. His voice is unreal. Visit MTV.com and read THEIR review. They know music. . . . sadly, TMZ does not. I will vote for 2 hours for this kid, every single time, and I am NOT a teenager. I'm in awe of his voice.

Wha

TMZ, you guys are full of BLEEP. Just admit David Archuleta is fantastic. You know it, I know it.

Jazzy

The lizard boy and his Daddy Dearest seriously need to go. Far, far, far away. I have not been able to tolerate the kid from the get-go and every time he stands up there and does his, "aww shucks" shrug and says (in the WORST fake reaction I've ever seen) "thank you SO MUCH!!", I feel my stomach flip. UGH UGH UGH!!

David Cook, on the other hand, is brilliant and I love him!

Chris

David Archuleta does deserve the praise he is receiving, he is the best American Idol to hit the stage. His style of music isn't my favorite, but he has won this music lover over 100%. David Archuleta for the Season 7 title!!

Kat

Mula is mula. Good for them, but Miley still doesn't have any talent. Another annoying tween who will be gone in a year or two.

Kat

David sings: NOW IT'S TIME TO SAY GOODBYE TO ALL OUR COMPANY
M-I-C K-E-Y

WHY?

Ashley

David Cook is the only idol that should be guaranteed the win. He is the only one with ACTUAL star quality. He is a talented musician with an AMAZING voice. DA plays the same type of music EVERY week. He takes no risks and his performances are ALL boring. The Jonas Brothers are more exciting than he is. It's not fair that the judges cut DA slack but contestants like Jason that do what fits him, they are always telling him that they want him to take more risks. DA singing another song that can be played in a retirement community is not a risk!
If DA wins, I will never watch AI again and it will prove that this show is RIGGED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kat

BECAUSE WE DON'T LIKE YOU!

Kat

Archuleta can sing some songs on the new soundtrack for Cinderella 5.

Bill

Last night during his interview and video clip he appeared mildly retarded! I never have been able to relate to him as a performer and I've always preferred the more solid "rock" type contestants... he's just a good voice with nothing more to add to the package. The judges are off base in their unabashed praise of him. In a twist I never thought I'd admit, Syesha WAS AMAZING! WOW. I'm still pissed Carly is gone.

PeachGirl

And let's all hope Miley invests her Disney money wisely. Once she grows-up and the 12-13 year olds are over her, I bet she will be hard pressed to make big money just as a singer. Her success is the result of the Disney marketing machine, not her amazing singing voice. I see the same fate ahead for the boring Archuleta.

Kat

He could play Maria in West Side Story and sing I Feel Pretty.

lizouttavegas

I HOPE THIS BOY DOESNT WIN, CAUSE WHAT IVE READ ABOUT HIS FATHER BEING SUCH A TYRANT..IF HE WINS,,
THAT GUY IS GONNA WORK HIM TO DEATH & HE'LL TURN OUT LIKE THE REST OF THOSE CHILD "STARS"..HE'S
TOO YOUNG FOR THAT MUCH ADULATION AND APPARENTLY HIS FATHER RUNS HIS BOY LIKE A CORPORATION.
HOW SAD..I LIKE SYEESHA...SHE KILLED LAST NITE WITH THE SAM COOKE SONG..

Kat

He can play Pinocchio in the touring stage show after Idol, and his father can still pull his strings.

Me2

So when they are praising Cook, like they've been for the last several weeks, it's not rigged. When DA gives 2 very solid performances with superb vocals in one night, and the judges call it as it is, it's rigged. If you don't get what DA is all about, it's too bad for you because there are plenty of people who do. And BTW, I am not a tween/teen and I voted 2 hours.