New Dating Show Has Special Needs

5/7/2008 7:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

An ad posted on Craigslist in NY searching for "mentally disabled" people to appear on a new dating show appears to be a crock of sh**.

Unlike "Flavor of Love," "Single and Special" says they are going to be a non-exploitative "tasteful" mix of "The Bachelor" and "Life Goes On." Um. Can you say "Littlest Groom?" The unnamed production company also claims to have the endorsement of the Special Olympics. Only thing is, it doesn't.

TMZ spoke with Kirsten Seckler at the Special Olympics who told us they'd never heard of the show and definitely "did not endorse a dating show for people with intellectual disabilities."

"Single and Special" refused to speak with TMZ.

Balls

Now that's gonna be a good reality show.

MeanOldMan

I really hope they're respectful to these people!!

Veronica

I am mentally disabled but I'm very well hung!

wow ure smart

hey number two "these people" need respect right?? so why are you calling them "these people"

Mayu

If this is legit, I guarantee it won't make it past the first episode. America may not always have great taste in entertainment

but we still have SOME values I would hope, and taking advantage of mentally disabled people is wrong and exploitive.

Besides, if they are mentally disabled, how could they enter into a legally binding contract? I see lawsuits in the near future if this is legit.

I kind of smell a crock of sh*t tho. Kind of like that guy on dateline who was auditioning people for his fake modeling reality show.

wundersmack

NO chance of exploitation here. I give it the green light.

JolieIsFake

It's pathetic what people will do for a buck. I think this has to be one of most distastful things anyone has thought up. Why make fun of someone with a God given problem.

Twinker

Spay and neuter them first.

Kay

Don't most people who go on these shows think they're....special?

Sharona

This is a revolting new low in reality television. I hope everyone boycotts this show.

californiadreamer

Spay and Neuter them? With that ignorant brain and a name like Chicken Stripper, I hope you've been spayed/neutered.

It really makes me happy to see that the majority of people on here are so respectful of people with disabilities. I worked for Special Olympics for a long time and the athletes I worked with were the most accepting, honest people I know...So, it's nice to see (most) people treating them the same. It's too bad a show would be taking advantage of individuals with developmental disabilities and stealing an endorsement from Special Olympics. Thanks, TMZ for caring enough to blow the cover off this one and alert people so they won't get scammed. :)

Kelli

I hope FlBiker laughs at this. haha!! :)

Kelli

No disrespect for the disabled, mentally disabled people deserve the same respect and more compassion than others.

Twinker

#11 Retards like you make me laugh and point! Drool fools need love too.

Frisco

this is a no brainer. which network is banking on this show working??? only in america... :(

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments