One Day at a Time

5/7/2008 2:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The 48-year-old former child star resurfaced at a Mother's Day event in L.A. on Tuesday, looking rosy.
Mackenzie Phillips
Mackenzie is the daughter of Mamas and the Papas singer John Phillips and the half-sister of Chynna and Bijou Phillips.

In 1980, Mackenzie was fired from "One Day at a Time" and went to rehab. She returned to the series a year later. In 1983, one of the show's producers asked Phillips to take a drug test, but she refused and once again left the series. Mackenzie has been clean and sober since 1992 -- until August 27, 2008 when she was busted at LAX with heroin and cocaine.

Kent T

Fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down !!!

ME

I remember her....congrats and keep it up!

JSig

She did not age well, but hopefully she took it "one day at a time".

pattie in cali

you go girl, had a rough start in life, but you seem to have everything under control, best wishes,

Kimberly

Who gives a dam "how you age" none of you are taking any of "it" with you. Considering what she has weathered, including the kind of stupid comments above, she looks fabulours, as if it matters when you have your life back and can hold your head high for "real" accomplishments like overcoming fear enough to face life sober, That she CAN take with her.

What-eva!

I think she looks damn good, especially given her troubled past with her addictions. Good girl, Mackenzie, for getting and STAYING sober. That's a hell of an accomplishment.

Rita

Kent - Real nice.....wonder what YOU look like??? It's easy to be a major jerk when you're anonymous, isn't it? I feel sorry for your wife (if you have one).

MJ

She's never been particularly pretty but I think she looks really good, especially after such rough early years

Joanne

I would echo what others have already said; She deserves a big "Congratulations" for staying sober.. Her beauty radiates from within. She looks fantastic. You go, girl!!!

Trophy wife Slim and Trim!!!!

My god she looks just like Carol Burnett

Rocco

As expected, years of dope-dabbling really sped up the aging process... this is what Lindsay Lohan and all the rest of them will look like in about 10-15 years if they keep up their "glamorous" lifestyle - assuming they survive it.

Trophy wife Slim and Trim!!!!

this is awful of me to say but I always disliked Bonnie Franklin and often wondered if she got inappropriate with those two teen girls... this is purely conjecture but my god there were some weird vibes from that gal...or maybe she was too busy banging Schneider?

Scott

I never realized it before, but she looks just like singer/songwriter Suzanne Vega!!!

Something smells fishy...

She seems like a very personable and grounded person. I think she looks better now than she did when she was on that show. She is funny pretty, and intelligent, and I like her.

Nuts

looking good mckenzie.nice looking women.whats the matter with you pathetic losers-she looks fine.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments