Kiss Her Grits!

5/8/2008 5:39 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The 70-year-old Tony award winner resurfaced at a NYC theater event last week, looking phenomenal.
Linda Lavin
The TV series "Alice" is based on the 1974 Martin Scorsese film, "Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore." Ellen Burstyn won an Oscar for originating the title role.

Linda -- who played Adam Brody's grandmother on "The O.C." -- has no biological children of her own.

COMMENTS

sl_bb

Well, gee........I can't wait to see some of YOU at 70.......I'll bet you'll look even WORSE!
When you can't say something nice - SHUT UP

Alan Friedman

I would like to know who edits these celebrity tidbits. It is nice to see what these people look like and what they might be doing these days but your grammar stinks.....

it should be worded "All Grown Up" ...not All Growed Up"....SHAME ON YOU...

THE DUMBING DOWN OF AMERICA CONTINUES!

LoserViewer

Hey you idiots, she's 70 years old, how the heck are you supposed to look? LIke Joan Rivers? The queen of the cyborg, multiple bad face lifts? God help you when you get that old - if you even make it to 70. The stupidity of these boards cracks me up.

al

WELL, excuse her for getting gray. I think she did not do too bad for 70. One of my favorite shows, but be not deceived..the "kiss my grits" line did not belong to Linda Lavin but to her co star, the indomitable Polly Holiday as Flo.

Dee-Dee

I think Linda was real pretty back in the day, Today she looks beautiful. She has aged so well. You can look at her and see the beauty she has coming from the inside out. 70 years old, and looks great. How refreshing to know that Hollywood didn't make her vain. She is a wonderful actor and a delight to see. One funny lady too. Best regards to you, Linda .

Patricia Ann

This new picture is a terrible picture if Linda. She is not only still a beautiful woman outside but also inside. She lives here in Wilmington, N.C. and has her own little threatre here but also acts in plays and also directs them at our beautiful historic Thalian Hall. She does a lot of charity work for this community and we are all proud to have her as a Wilmingtonian although born on the coast of Maine. I have seen her in Broadway shows and in movies made for TV...she is very talented and blessed with a wonderful husband Steve. We shall never forget her role in Alice but should not forget her other sucess such as Broadway Bound, Rose Garden, etc,.

sassy

she didn;t dye her hair it is that color because she is 70!!!!!!! good lord people

Robert

I'd never have recognized her. Of course the Alice series was on TV 30 years ago. Geeezzzz I can't believe it's been that long. Where have the years gone?

Doti

Linda, You're beautiful! Keep the hair..... yoiu earned it. "Alice" was hilarious, entertaining to the entire family, not made up of the unnecessary profanity and explicit or implued sex dumped into our homes these days,

littlesparrow

she looks great - i always liked her acting and she looks the same to me - older but then aren't we all - she is great!

WJB

Linda-you look great-glad you look naturally beautiful and didn't resort to the plastic look.I yearn for the naturally older looking women in movies like Helen Hayes,Jessica Tandy to name a few.I am a 67 yr old man who is growing older gracefully also.The outer package may change but inner beauty radiates when a person is true to themselves.Take care Linda.You are a beauty in my eyes.

Chris

I would've passed her up on the street and not recognized her with that blonde hair!

Bobby G

These 'then and now' photos tend to shock at first. After getting over the hair color change, I think Lavin is looking pretty alive for a 70-year-old. That series was 1976-1985. Good times. Man, life was good bac k then!

Penny

I think she looks great, loved her character. I'm confused by all the "kiss my grits" references. That was Flo's catchphrase, not Alice's...

Bradley

Still fabulous at 70. Loved Linda and the gang at Mel's Diner.
Great show, hard to believe that's thirty years ago already.