Kiss Her Grits!

5/8/2008 5:39 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The 70-year-old Tony award winner resurfaced at a NYC theater event last week, looking phenomenal.
Linda Lavin
The TV series "Alice" is based on the 1974 Martin Scorsese film, "Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore." Ellen Burstyn won an Oscar for originating the title role.

Linda -- who played Adam Brody's grandmother on "The O.C." -- has no biological children of her own.

COMMENTS

Twelsh

Actually, she never said "Kiss my Grits". It was Flo that was known for that.

Lisa

Now that's what I like to see - a celebrity who didn't get caught up in all the vanity! She obviously hasn't ruined herself with too many plastic surgeries or injections, etc., and she looks healthy and happy. YOU GO GIRL!!

K

I think she looks really attractive for 70. A good example of how 70 might be the new 50. Brunette doesn't work on someone this old, she could be gray or blonde, I would be blonde before being gray.

tonybas

Linda you look great !I really loved that show "ALICE" reminds me of when i was a kid.Keep rockin LINDA.

Johanna

SO NOT BAD FOR 70!!!

K

She looks great, at 70 one doesn't do brunette.

deb

Linda still looks the same just 30 years older. If the nose looks bigger that is because yur nose and your ears never stop growing. It's a fact. Look at your pics from 30 years ago and I'll bet it has changed too.

Tony

"Aged well"??? Gimme some of what you're SMOKING -- I wanna get STONED to. Nothing like an OLD YENTA. LOL

doggy dog

what I realy like about her is shes not fake. she is a genuine I have not had plastic surgery to make me look gee or try to look 30! Like Cher gosh remember Lucille Ball what a nut! I love that she is ageing gracefully how nice to see this!

Tony

'Aged well'??? Gimme what you're SMOKING. I wanna get STONED to. LOL Nothing like an OLD YENTA to ruin ones lunch.

kelly

she looks good

over50myself

She looks great! Age 70, should look 70! She is a great actress and a delight to watch on TV. I was and still am a fan of the show, wish they would put it out on dvd. Linda, keep it going. And tell people to "Kiss your grits!"

Lord Spencer

This whole series is nothing but unadulterated gutless cruelty. Good thing you weren't around when Ellie Mae was having such great difficulty coping with the decline of her physical beauty that she became a virtual recluse. Whoever edits this pitiful series is a sick sadist. The certain demise of this sort of attack journalism is sad for one reason only; my thesis that the editor will age most ungracefully of all will never be proven.

mimi122

I think she looks great !
She's beautiful and even more so, because she isn't all "botox-ed" up !
What an amazing talent too !

Lynne

It was Flo that said kiss my grits not Alice. She looks like a hag. I've seen 70 year old women who are beautiful. She is not one of them.