Britney's Kids Have a Whale of a Time

5/9/2008 11:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Since Kevin Federline has been in charge of Sean Preston and Jayden James, their lives are no longer a zoo -- they're an aquarium.
K-Fed
With a nanny and security in tow, K-Fed took the kiddies to the Long Beach Aquarium of the Pacific on Wednesday.

Kind of interesting since they already live in a fishbowl.

LH

My son chose not to marry the mother of his two year old son. However, he is a terrifiv hands-on parent. Sometimes when I watch my son with his son -- I have to hold back my tears because my grandson is very, very lucky to have such a terrific father. My son is not a millionaire. But money can't buy a little boy love. Then, I look at this picture and I want to grab a broom and beat the *#!+ out of K-Fed. All that money and this is the best he can do? K-Fed, you are the biggest jackass!

Daniee

If my children's Mom was someone as famous and rich as her, your damn right I'd have security with them 24-7!!!! Duh.

Laura

Lets play

51. Anyone ever notice it's always the body or nanny interacting with the kids?Kevin is there....I personally think Britney is a better mom.She carries her own kids,plays with her kids.Kevin is just out for the day to say...look at me being a good dad

Posted at 7:10AM on May 10th 2008 by laura

Britney appears to be a more "hands on" parent than Kevin. I'm talking about physical affection. However, she was inconsistent and neglectful, and in that sense, she was less "hands on".

She put a higher priority on late-night partying, inappropriate public behavior, and hanging out with her "friends" than she put on giving solid, consistent parental care to her sons. She also refused to follow court orders and blew off a number of important hearings that had a direct bearing on her custody, and by this, she also showed herself to care less about her children than in fulfilling her immediate childish needs.

She also has been remanded to the custody of conservators, because the courts have determined that she cannot properly care for her own needs. Given that she can't take care of herself, her children could not count on her to provide reliable parental care.

I agree that it would be better for the children if Kevin would be more physically affectionate. However, given Britney's mental state and her past behavior, and given the consistent, safe, and stable life Kevin is providing for them, he still seems to be the better choice as the primary caregiver at this point.

Over time, if Britney continues to improve, that could change. But it would be risky at best and dangerous at worst to give Britney unsupervised custody of the children before the courts deem her to be fit enough to end the conservatorship, and for her to be able to take care of herself as an adult,.

It's clear that lots of you hate Kevin, and in your eyes, he can do nothing right. No matter what is reported about him, you will interpret it as evidence of his being the spawn of Satan. But this is a very childish and poorly thought out position, because it ignores the fact that for all his faults (and he appears to indeed have some), Kevin is still a more reliable, steady, and safe choice as primary guardian than Britney is. And your hatred of Kevin blinds you to the welfare of the kids. Taking them away from him and giving them to Britney right now (which many of you are in favor of), would put them at risk.

So just accept the fact that until Britney is no longer under a conservatorship and she has proven that she has changed her irresponsible ways, keeping the kids with Kevin is the lesser of the evils.

Dani The Great

I just think its great that someone is taking care of those children. Sadly it has to be K-Fed but better him then no one.

Oh only reason they need to have body gaurds 24-7 unlike big stars is the paps or more after there train wreck life then most big stars. I wouldnt want my kids left alone around that even if I was there.

ann

Krishna

54. he's no DAD he can't play or hold his childern. well we know his lawer told him to take his kid out so he can be seen with them, you will never see him with STAR KIDS she has no money that he can play RICH HE's A WANT BE. GET A JOB DEAD BEAT DAD.

Posted at 2:57PM on May 10th 2008 by ann

I think that if K-Fed was simply going around in public with the kids in order to make himself look good, he'd be holding and cuddling them for the press to make a show of it. If he's as much of a scheming player as lots of you say, he would have thought of this ploy.

Millions of American men are less physically demonstrative than the average American woman, and you see normal, loving dads all the time in this country who aren't holding their kids in public.

To those of you who are looking for any excuse to trash K-Fed: try to dig up something a bit more convincing.

it takes a molester

she's no MOTHER she smokes cigarettes talks on the phone when her childern are with her she has to be told to get off the phone to spend time with her kids when they come over by her father Jaime if Kevin spends time with SHAR KIDS then BRITARDS talk he's spending her money on them she's not even a WANTABE MOTHER OR REAL MOTHER. BE A MOTHER BABYSAT BY YOUR FATHER.

CA Mom

I Have seen pics right here on TMZ of Kevin with Shar's kids as well as Brineys, together! He's not allowing too many pics of his kids and that is a good thing. As for a bodyguard, you don't thinnk these kids are at risk just because of who their parents are?! There are many sicko's out there. I will say, that last year, for 2 months in the school muy kids go to an LA Police officer had to be outside during pick-up time. This is a public school that houses the children of stars and people of means. I'm not a Kevin fan and I remember taking 10 kids to the Britney concert a long time ago when LFO opened for them ( it was torture!) but leave the kids alone! Obviously the courts though Kevin was a decent parent of he would have taken them away and given them to another relative. That didn't happen. All you people who think he's doing so bad...why's that? As for nanies, I have one, and I don't think there is a kid in my kids school that doesn't have one....what's wrong with a nanny?

zmt

Hi CA Mom. I don't believe that any of the people here who criticize K-Fed can come up with any tangible proof of his doing badly as a parent. They don't know anything about his parenting skills. They just hate him from the deepest part of their souls, and because of that, they see evil in everything he does, irrespective of whether or not there's any evidence to support their beliefs. It's a classic case of "Don't confuse me with facts. I've already made up my mind."

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4