Stop Us

If You Heard This Before

DMX Arrested!

5/9/2008 3:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

DMX was busted again this morning at his home in Arizona -- and the sheriffs tell us he barricaded himself in his bedroom when they came to get him!

0509_dmx_bn_mug-1
DMX was arrested at 3:00 AM at his home in Cave Creek on seven misdemeanor counts of animal cruelty and four felony drug possession charges. During a search of his home, cops found more than they bargained for -- including a number of weapons and drugs, as well as five pit bull puppies -- and filed additional charges against him.

According to Sheriff Arpaio, DMX attempted to barricade himself in his bedroom at the time of the search warrant but eventually came out, offered no further resistance, and was booked. And how's this for weird? The dogs were taken to the First Avenue Jail, where they will remain under the care of female inmates.

Shawn

Wow. A rapper doing drugs and getting arrested. Film at 11.

Tyson

If he did it then he done it

MZ.QU33N B33 (NYC)

ALL OF YALL NEED TO GO TO HELL AND STOP HATIN!! IF U DON'T KNO WHO HE IS U NEED TO ASK SOMEBODY. "DAMN YA'LL COULDN'T GET A BETTER PICTURE. EARL I STILL LOVE U NOW AND 4EVER. BIG UPS TO HIS WIFE FOR STANDIN BY HIM. CAUSE IF U DON'T I WILL........................................HOLLA AT UR GIRL.................

FiFi Simone

DMX never broke away from his old lifestyle of the "hoodlife" to embrace his celeb life. It's unfortunate that many hip hop stars end up loosing at lot of time and money on account of this. I pray that he (my baby's daddy) turns it around.

lee

They have to keep this creep in jail. Totally worthless. no one can justify his bahavior. Vick and him have a special place in hell.

lee

FiFi
If you had any brains and had a child by this low life you would get so far away from him. To have a child around a person who abuses and tortures animals is pathetic. Who would ever want to know or be associated with some one who has no type of morals.

nooneyouknow

OK Petarules...if you are going to go on a tyrade and slam all of the
"hypocrites" that eat meat, you might want to make sure that you can
complete a sentence properly. That said, you actually have a good
point, but you aren't going to convince anyone by calling them
idiots. Why don't you try to educate rather than insult? Many
people are not aware of the atrocities that you speak of. I'm sure
at one time you didn't know about them either. Enlighten them,
educate them and move on. Your hate isn't going to convince anyone.

janet

throw this f'r away he's dirt

JAA

I find it funny that only wealthy black men seem to be involved in dog fighting....racism at it's finest.....

Sharona

To # 23 nooneyouknow,

Excellent point, well stated. I became a vegetarian 15 years ago because of the the very atrocities stated by petarules. However, it is completely off-putting to bombard other with your views. Education is the key, as most Americans are completely unaware of slaughterhouse practices and abuses. If someone asks my why I'm a vegetarian, I tell them and offer to send them information, if they have an interest. Four of my friends have become veg in the last 15 years.

It is important to pass the message in a non-judgemental manner. My husband is a meat-eater and I respect him and his choice. In return, he leaves the grocery shopping up to me, and I go to the organic market for free-range chicken, organic eggs, and locally raised, humanely slaughtered beef. He's also come to love some of my vegetarian meals. It's really all about education and compromise.
Have a great weekend all.
Kat

P.S. as for the Mike Vick's and DMX's of the world, I wish the there were stricter laws in place for animal torturers.

Fan Since 2007!!!

MZ Be Edjykatin' y'all. I was about to ask where all the rap fans were with this.

Thanks MZ for entertaining us with your eloquence

Semper Fi

Awww. Another rapper bites the dust. BooHoo. We'll read about another one tomorrow. Why do you think they call it Dope?

Jenny

Ugh get rid of this trash.

I just don't understand what it is with all these "thugs" abusing pit bull puppies.

Pussyboy

I think the "word" has come down to make these 'gangsta rappers' responsible for their idiotic behavior.

That includes bad-boy wanna be's like that Hogan kid.

Boys ........... grow up, already.

Heene

OH NO! He was doing drugs in his house!! And dog fighting is so evil. Not like theres any murderers in Arizona. Good way to continue to make yourself look like a joke Sheriff Arpaio. Ok Arpaio we know from seeing you on TV that you can lock up people for petty crimes, ever arrest someone who is actually a danger to society, or just people who like to smoke marijuana and watch dogs fight? LOON!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments