J. Castro Speaks on Dreaded Stage Dad Drama

5/10/2008 9:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Maybe if Jason Castro had a stage dad from hell, he wouldn't have forgotten the lyrics to that Bob Dylan song.

TMZ caught up with the latest "American Idol" reject at LAX today, and asked him what he thought about another "A.I." reject -- David Archuleta's dad.

JM

Excuse me, TMZ is an enjoyable valid institution and something which should be respected.

JM

Saints, scholars, and schizophrenics

Joanne

There must be another word or term to use than "reject" or "cast off." Those are very harsh words. As for Jason Castro, it seems to me, he was "glad to go." I, for one, enjoyed his singing style. He seemed happy all the time, too... Just my two cents.. Hey, what is new with Larry Birkhead and Dannielynn? I'd rather see pics of Dannielynn than Suri.

CHEYENNE

FOR A YOUNG KID, JASON HANDLED THAT REPORTER LIKE A PRO, TOO BAD THE REPORTER DIDN'T SHOW AS MUCH CLASS AS JASON. AS FAR AS ARCHELETTA'S DAD GOES HE'S A JERK. DAVID HAS A LOT OF TALENT AND HIS FATHER IS AN ALBATROSS DRAGING HIM DOWN! DAVID HAS HANDLED THE PRESSURE OF COMPETING VERY WELL. HE NEEDS TO START HANDLING HIS FATHER, IF HE DOESN'T HIS FATHER COULD VERY WELL RUIN HIS CARRER. ALTHOUGH HE'S A GOOD SINGER NOBODY IS GOING TO WANT TO WORK WITH HIM BECAUSE THEY WON'T WANT TO DEAL WITH HIS DAD, SO IF THERE'S A CHOICE BETWEEN ANOTHER TALENTED SINGER WITH NO "BAGGAGE" AND HIM WTH HIS PAIN IN THE ASS DAD, THEY'RE GOING TO TOSS HIM OUT WITH YESTERDAY'S NEWS! SO, WISE UP DAVID!!! KICK YOUR DAD TO THE CURB BEFORE YOU GET TOSSED!!!

Msfisty

LOOKS LIKE "DREADMAN WALKING" 15 MINUTES IS RUNNING DOWN...SOON TO BE THE HAS BEEN AND SHOULD

HAVE NEVER BEEN IN THE TOP 10 OR TOP 20 BASED ON HIS POOR SINGING SKILLS!!!

BUT THATS WHAT THESE WHORES AT IDOL WANT ON THE SCREEN, SOME ONE QUITE DIFFERENT TO ACCENTUATE THE

GOOD TALENT.

Msfisty

JASON'S "TALENT" BELONGS ON A STREET CORNER WITH A HAT OR CUP TO COLLECT THE DONATIONS FOR HIS

AMATUERISH SINGING SKILLS...OR MAYBE SOME NEIGHBORHOOD COFFEE HOUSE....BUT HE DEFINITELY WILL

NEVER GET A RECORD CONTRACT, AND IF BY CHANCE HE DOES HE WILL FAIL LIKE TAYLOR HICKS!!!

JM

waaaa, my daughter ain't Brooke Hogan waaaa

Carmen

I love Jason!!! I'm laughing because I want to know how the camera guy got up there so fast, haha. Hilarious.

uallsuck

Cheyene and Numbnuts is your cap lock stuck or just showing your stupidty??

just wondering

dreadhead..MOST PEOPLE WHO USE CAPS , NEED TOO, WORKS BETTER FOR THEIR VISION.

Jack

IM BLIND NO I CANT SEE I NEED TO WEAR SOME GLASSES LIKE DMC............OR POST IN CAPS... DONT LIKE IT TOO BAD!

ms.winnie

Jason Castro is smokin' hot, not just because of his beautiful eyes and amazing smile but because he's the kind of guy who wouldnt A.) take the bait and dis Davids Dad and B.) not get visibly frustrated when being badgered about it. TMZ - seriously? You catch Jason Castro at LAX and Davids Dad is the only thing that comes to mind, I can understand its todays news but when he declined to comment you couldnt come up with anything else?

Betsy

Castro is a charming young man who needs guidance in his career. I hope he makes it big. With those eyes who wouldn't want to look at him...Davis

CHEYENNE

HEY DREAD HEAD....BOTH OF MY WRISTS ARE IN BRACES, SO TYPING IN CAPS IS EASIER FOR ME THEN USING THE SHIFT KEY WHEN NECESSARY. YOU HOWEVER HAVE SHOWN YOUR STUPIDITY AND IGNORANCE BY POSTING THAT WITHOUT KNOWING IF THERE IS A MEDICAL REASON WHY. ALSO, FOR SOME PEOPLE IT MAY JUST BE A PREFERENCE. BTW, YOU SPELLED MY NAME WRONG AND I BELIEVE YOUR NAME AS WELL.,,,,YOU DID MEAN DEAD HEAD,

THANK YOU TO JUST SAYING FOR JUST SAYING,,,,I APPRECIATE IT!

Stephie

Thanks for giving us this awesome video of Jason!!! He's really handling the paparazzi well....glad he was so nice and polite to your photogs and even partially answered their questions. Once again, Jason shows total class and dignity when others around him are not.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments