Alec Smarts on "60 Min."

5/11/2008 9:42 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Alec Baldwin vented on "60 Minutes" about the voice mail message to his daughter which TMZ first published. He also trashes Kim Basinger's lawyer.

In the segment, which airs tonight, Baldwin says, "You get so frustrated, and you realized, number one, and it's wrong. It's totally wrong ... that I was really speaking to someone else when I left that message. I was pissed. I had been putting up with this for six years."

As for calling his daughter a "thoughtless little pig," Baldwin thinks the real damage is that the voice mail went public.

Baldwin's venom was targeted at Basinger's lawyer, Judy Bogen. When asked about his comment that she resembled "a 300 pound homunculus with a face like a clinched fist," he said he was being "kind" and that it was not abusive given what she put him through.

Tonight, Bogan's law partner, Neal Hersh, blasted Baldwin, saying, "His personal attacks were socially and morally unacceptable, not to mention inaccurate. He defended his actions rather than take responsibility."

BTW, a homunculus is "a miniature adult that in the theory of preformation is held to inhabit the germ cell and to produce a mature individual merely by an increase in size."

Cindy

Alec Baldwin is disgusting. There he goes again blaming everyone else for what he did. He's a has-been though, he doesn't really matter anymore.

I feel sorry for his daughter though and his ex-wife, she seems like she is a really good mother and she and Ireland seem very close. You go, Kim.

Once a rethuglican , ALWAYS a rethuglican

Uh Di , post 2 , you can take your physical abuse theory and shove it where the sun does not shine.
Anyone whom hits their children are in need of anger management and their asses thrown in jail.
I have seen numerous families without physical abuse and the kids grew up very adjusted.
My mother was a tyrant .
She was always hung over from her binge drinking weekends at clubs and would take it out on my brother and I .
Horrible things that I could never imagine a child being subjected to and for that I abhor her .
She's proud of her violent way and she can go to hell as far as I am concerned.
I would have much rather her being verbally abusive than the violence she inflicted upon my brother and I if I had to choose between the two.
My brother and I were terrified of her for years.
By the way , all the comments about Alec ageing ... so cold .
In my humble opinion , he still looks good and the people he works with for up to 12 hours a day really enjoy him , so I believe his accusations against the bitch lawyer . Female lawyers are the WORST , very dramatic and very calculating versus male lawyers.
Before anyone goes nuts on that comment , I am a female and I have seen female lawyers in action and I just want to cringe. They act like it is a personal vendetta against the opposing party .The drama they stir up is humorous at best .

Lillianne

Does he not have one friend or family member who can say to him "ALEC, SHUT YOUR TRAP!"

Twinker

If he was that brutal to his own daughter doncha think he would be passionate about positive change? Haven't we had enough of wimpy politicians? It's the narcissistic fireheads in public office that demand and get dramatic results.

tami

Baldwin's description - "a 300 pound homunculus with a face like a clinched fist" - sounds more like he's talking about himself.
Seriously.
Especially the "face that looks like a clenched fist" part.
Or maybe a BLOATED clenched fist would be better.
What a looser!

Kelli

ALEC SHUT YOUR TRAP! :)

stan

I can understand Alec. My ex-wife always tries to put my 11year old daughter on the phone to tell me what my ex will not say to me. It is hard going through what Alec and his daughter and his ex are going through. What i have to say to people out there is BEFORE YOU GET MARRIED or have a CHILD with someone. MAKE SURE HE OR SHE IS NOT A CRAZY BITCH.

Alexa

I've said worse to my daughter!

Kathy

He didn't show much remorse for what he said to poor Ireland. . .just that he was busted for saying it. Way to abuse your pre-teen daughter, Alec. She can probably detect your lack of empathy for her, too.

I would never vote for this hot-headed boob.

Twinker

Any parent worth their salt has lost their temper with their children. So President Clinton or Bush are perfect because no one has ever recorded a heated exchange that most fathers and daughters have at some point in their lives? What matters is that he and Ireland now have a better relationship and they understand and respect each other. And that we can find some place where we can hope that we might find a place of forgiveness. He surely doesn't deserve any but we should find some point to forgive this and let this pass at least for Ireland's sake.

No Fooling

In 2000, Alec swore he would move to Canada if George W Bush became President..... so why hasn`t he moved there yet? Obviously anything that comes out of his big mouth is a lie.
And he`s a fine one to talk about his daughter being fat. Has he looked in the mirror lately? He`s nothing but a big fat pig with a mouth like a sewer. He`s a terrible actor too like the rest of his brothers....well except maybe Steven :-D

wtf

Cybercritic

Alec didn't out Harvey Levin. Harvey has always been open about it. It's well known he lives with his long time boyfriend.

FlBiker

Too many years of alcoholism and cocaine addiction have turned him into a puffy faced babbling imbecile.

Kelli

FlBiker, thank you. I agree, but didn't know how to say it as eloquently as that.

Twinker

Alec was interviewed at Sardi's! The first Mr. Chicken Stripper is on that wall somewhere because he is now a Broadway producer. Should've been nicer to him. That's why I have some hope for Alec's temper. Been there.