Alec Smarts on "60 Min."

5/11/2008 9:42 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Alec Baldwin vented on "60 Minutes" about the voice mail message to his daughter which TMZ first published. He also trashes Kim Basinger's lawyer.

In the segment, which airs tonight, Baldwin says, "You get so frustrated, and you realized, number one, and it's wrong. It's totally wrong ... that I was really speaking to someone else when I left that message. I was pissed. I had been putting up with this for six years."

As for calling his daughter a "thoughtless little pig," Baldwin thinks the real damage is that the voice mail went public.

Baldwin's venom was targeted at Basinger's lawyer, Judy Bogen. When asked about his comment that she resembled "a 300 pound homunculus with a face like a clinched fist," he said he was being "kind" and that it was not abusive given what she put him through.

Tonight, Bogan's law partner, Neal Hersh, blasted Baldwin, saying, "His personal attacks were socially and morally unacceptable, not to mention inaccurate. He defended his actions rather than take responsibility."

BTW, a homunculus is "a miniature adult that in the theory of preformation is held to inhabit the germ cell and to produce a mature individual merely by an increase in size."

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

Ramone

This pathetic excuse for a man is repulsive and hideous, both physically and spiritually.

He reminds me of a festering boil on a pig's ass.

Pigs are better than him.

bsb fan

Wasn't Kim the one who released the message? Who else would do it? She's the worse parent because she publicized the whole thing just to make Alec look bad.

I'm on Team Alec.

kim

This man is such an idiot. He obviously had major anger management issues. I cant believe he is even allowed near his daughter after how he talked to her and how he talks period. He only wins awards because insiders like 30 Rock since its about the industry itself. I dont know anyone outside of the industry who watches that show. He is very untalented - maybe the anger/rants he goes on are for attention because he has no true talent.

Christine

Alec handled this situation extremely poorly, but I understand his feelings of extreme frustration and helplessness after witnessing what my husband is going through. I can only hope that what has happened here will at least give awareness to Parental Alienation Syndrome. I hope that people can stop judging him for one moment, and try to educate themselves about PAS.

annoyed

I am with you JayDee665, just stating a fact and Christine. The way Alec handled it was not the best way but I understand how it happened. I am sure the people on here aren't perfect and have said things to their kids that they regretted immediately...their outburst just aren't caught on tape and made public like his was. Before people judge him they need to get off their high horsed and look at themselves. I doubt they are as perfect as they think they are. People have no idea what it is like to live with Parental Alienation. My daughter and I have been victims of this form of CHILD ABUSE for 11 years now. It is the hardest thing I have ever been through. You feel helpless and like you have failed your child for allowing this to happen but in reality you had no control over it. I will be the first to admit that I have made mistakes and said things that I cannot take back but it came from pure frustration at the situation. You just have to hope & pray that at some point the parent/child relationship that has been torn from them can be rebuilt.

#9 I may catch a lot of slack for making this comment, but having been the "new wife" for 10 years now, and dealing with the emotional garbage hubby's ex has foisted onto us as well as their son, I can see why Alec snapped. No one needs to put him down until they have lived thru Parental Alienation Syndrome. Until you have walked a mile in those particular shoes, you cannot honestly say what you would & would not do. It's a horribly selfish & mean thing to put a child thru in the first place.

Ireland is damned if she loves her dad (or displays her love), because Kim will make her feel guilty for doing so; and if she doesn't show her love for her dad, then he's hurt and that makes her feel badly, too. So, as you see, there are NO winners when dealing with PAS.

Posted at 9:51PM on May 11th 2008 by Jaydee665

Jaydee665 - I applaud you for the courage for stating the facts the way you did!!! BRAVO!!! (however, I did shortened your original post for the jest of it). I too am a second wife (my first marriage w/1 grown boy) - my husband's EXWITCH has not let her daughter come to her fathers house since we married 4 years ago! The only reason we didn't press the issue either is the youngest daughter was 12 at the time and very sad that mom and dad weren't going to get back together - and we too are hoping she will come around soon. My husband has tried numerous times to just meet him somewhere w/out me, to no avail.

Anyway - that's the way parental alienation is folks, either you have an EX with $$ blocking you - or you're the working poor with a SELFISH SELF CENTERED EX filled with venom for EX and fills the kids heads with fiscous lies!

p.s. When his son turned 18 the year we married, comes to visit often.

Posted at 1:51AM on May 12th 2008 by just stating a fact

100. I am married to a man who has an ex-wife that is the alienating parent. They had their problems during their marriage, and her way of seeking revenge is by sharing those marital problems, along with all kinds of lies, with the kids and turning the kids against my husband. So far, she has managed to ruin his relationship with his eldest daughter, and she is working on poisoning the minds of the other children. Parental Alienation Syndrome is a form of child abuse, and the alienating parent is selfish and cruel enough to not care about the damage they are doing to their children, who are the ultimate victims.

Posted at 2:11PM on May 12th 2008 by Christine

Scott

He's hot. Just plain hot. And the older and thicker he gets, the hotter he gets. But he's got serious anger management issues, and he still refuses to take responsibility for himself, by admitting that the real horror is that the tape got out, not that he said those things to his daughter. That's like a murderer saying, "I'm not sorry I killed her. I'm sorry I got caught."
Sorry, Alec. You lose this time. But you're still hot, hot, hot.

He's just another Idiot

Alec Baldwin is the Thoughtless BIG Pig ! What a jerk ! I never watch him on TV. Didn't he say he would move out of the country if Bush was elected Pesident? When are you leaving, you bigmouthed fake?

freedomisnotfree

still waiting for alec baldwin (PIG MOUTH) to leave this wonderful country of ours as he said he would move out of it if bush was elected well why are you still here its been 7 years. still waiting love it or leave it

amyhalo

Sometimes children are thoughtless little pigs. I've never met a parent who was a saint nor a child who could give you your life back.

dante

Divorce really sucks but this guy needs a kick right in the ass. That is not how you deal with children and if you don't agree either you don't have children or never been divorced.

freedomisnotfree

a pathetic piece of crap alec baldwin (aka pig mouth)

Ramone

You Go...ALEC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So glad you finally told it like it really IS!!!!!

KIM has PUSHED you to the brink - with your LOVE for Ireland!

CAN somebody PLEASE show that KIM IS the REAL "THOUGHTLESS "Little?" PIG??????????????????????????

That message was totally meant for her.............they PUSHED this DAD over and DROPPED HIM "over the ledge"!

OUR LEGAL SYSTEM SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stopthepresses

All these comments about parental alienation. I know that happens. However, this blow-hard has had anger management issues for YEARS. In fact, that's why Kim divorced him, or so I read in several sources. Who knows the real story? Maybe he's been treating his kid like this all along, and that's why she stays away from him (willingly) and doesn't want to have anything to do with him. MAYBE Kim has been protecting her from this temper all her life, especially when Ireland was too small to "tell" what was going on. None of you know what has really gone on here either. It's painfully obvious, however, that he's in his own little bloated ego bubble, not even acknowledging now that what he did was wrong. Has it ALWAYS been somebody else's fault? Probably so, in his delusional little world.

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8