Oprah's Dead Bitches!

5/14/2008 7:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Proving everything she touches turns to gold, Oprah Winfrey's dead dogs have been turned into a masterpiece.
Oprah's dead dogs
A life-size monument by controversial sculptor Daniel Edwards depicts conjoined-at-the-hip 'puppy versions' of Oprah's late Cocker Spaniel Sophie and Golden Retriever Gracie atop of the unwed 54-year-old's head. So wrong.

"Memories of Sophie and Gracie: A Puppies' Memorial" -- which opens May 22 at the Leo Kesting Gallery -- hopes to highlight "the overlooked threat of accidental pet fatality by common household products." Sophie died earlier this year of kidney failure, while Gracie passed in 2007 from choking on a ball.

This is the latest A-list mock of art created by Edwards -- the same artist responsible for The Paris Hilton Autopsy and the sculpture of a nude Britney Spears giving birth on a rug.

See Also

Oprah: Big, Bronzed and Naked

Lippy

"Mock of art"?

What the hell do the TMZ staffers know about the climate contemporary art?

All that they are capable of making is doo doo in the potty.

Pussyboy

The dogs look like they are sniffing around to find a place to take a good, healthy dump.

I think they have found it.

Standing by the edge

Ummm, that's not a sculpture of a Golden Retriever, that's a Golden Lab. Labs have a boxy look to their snouts and Retrievers have longer hair. The way the artisit just stuck the dogs on top of the head is not well intergrated into the piece. Amaturist. The artist - not so good.

SunShine

I found out She does not believe that Jesus Christ is the son of God and The true way to Heaven! Check Out YouTube!

c-los

I can't stand oprah either. She is way into herself its sick, I also heard that she is a little racist. I also heard that she cut a couple of the actual real life freedom writers from on set interview. She only used the girls who were black to be interviewed and would not let the other ethnicities to be interviewed on air.

Erika

The sculptor should have used the "puppy version" of Oprah... now that would have been cute! This is the tackiest piece of "art" I have ever seen!!!

hahahaha!

The whole point of this artists works seems to be to take the 'super celebs' and kick 'em down a notch. Show them human and flawed not some 'god' the fans and media make them out to be. Hence Britney's sculpture unflatteringly naked in childbirth mode... Paris in autopsy mode .. Suri Cruise's bronzed 'poop' and now Queen Oprah and her dog worship. I like it more and more these people have millions and think they are so above everyone because fo their wealth and fame (well Tom not Suri obviously but the media and public seem to think Suri is some golden child the way she is chased, she's a toddler big whoop). He's just showing that they are human like the rest of us .

Mr. X

Oprah is so full of herself it's not even funny.

Lippy

"I think we need to encourage the folks at TMZ to get their GED's. This is getting really ridiculous."

I couldn't agree more. I remember when TMZ was good. So long ago...

TMZ, I think it's time that I start to see other people. We're ofically through. Perez is my man.

matt

wow all that gold wasted on one of the top 10 ugliest women in america? and a couple of dogs

pattijen

Oprah should be majorly embarrassed over something as gaudy and decadent as this. This seems to be the epitome of your fame going to your head. (no pun intended)

lee

The sculptor is quite fitting. Oprah only cares about her own dogs .
The michael Vick dogs of the world are totally ignored by her.
Puppy mill shows arent enough.
when you pick and choose any breed of dog to save you -degade them all.

BBK

At the current size of Opra, if they would have done a full size statue it would have cost atleast a billion dollars!

whateva

Well isn't that hidious

Anita

I hate lameass "artists" who cannot stand on their own two feet but need to use ther celebrities to make a name for themselves.

This sculpture isn't bad but where would this guy be without lleching off celebrities.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments