Yep,

I'm Getting Married

5/15/2008 11:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Well, she's gone and done it. Ellen's gonna get hitched.

A spy in the audience of this afternoon's taping of the "Ellen DeGeneres Show" tells us that after Ellen mentioned today's California Supreme Court ruling striking down the state's ban on gay marriage, she surprised everyone and announced that she was going to tie the knot with longtime girlfriend, actress Portia de Rossi.

Portia was in the crowd and after she made the announcement, the studio audience went wild, giving the two a huge standing O.

The show will air tomorrow.

Tammy

Thank you "she dresses like Pee Wee Herman", you said it all! This crap has played out all it can now maybe the lesbo's will go back to the closet they can out of in the first place. But I guess we can't get that lucky at least not yet, after all they are "still" the weakest vote, I guess it takes a gay judge to pass a gay law. They CHOOSE to play GAY, their certainly not born gay! I don't know which is worse --the gays or the illegals .........either way it sure leaves a bad taste in my mouth,,,,NASTY down right NASTY. hmmmmmm taste like chicken

don

YOU IDIOTS IN NOV WHEN THE PEOPLE OF CALIFORNIA PASS A CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDENT TO BAN SODOMITE MARRIAGE ITS ALL OVER MOST STATES HAVE ALREADY DONE IT

He's Boring now

I[m with you Pee Wee Herman. They can now shut up. They can learn to live their lives like normal Americans where the focus is on raising kids, paying bills, planning for the future, being a good citizen, and not what these Gays have been focusing their lives on. Which has only been, Rallies and meetings and marches and parades and Acting Up, and a litany of other nonsensical activities that have nothing to do with Living a wholesome life. You're cry babying is done with, now go live a regular life and put the Parade costume away.

Maybe after that being Gay wont be so fun or special, you can be just like everyone else, but without the Parades and costumes. Heck you might get so bored you'll want to go straight.

Twinker

Now Howard K Stern and Larry Birkhead can "join forces". Yee-Haw!

Alexa

That's great news! Congrats!

JuicyGirl

Myanmar Cyclone, China Earthquake, Gay Marriage and "God" taken out of everything in Society means the end of the world is near...

Mimi

To Ellen and Portia, God Bless and best wishes!!! With all the hate, war and conflict in this world ,and politics that cannot be justified, finally, the message of "It doesn't matter what your image , race,religion, creed or sex is , if it represents love, honesty and happiness it should be greeted with opened arms. Do not deprive a world of happiness because of the word ignorance!!!!! We celebrate with you Ellen and Portia and may you both be as happy as I was when I married my husband. Love is love, and it should not be judged, but cherished.

Make It Right!!

Congratulations to the happy couple!!!! I'm ashamed that the people of this country can't get past this issue!! I'm glad it is legal (for now) and I wish Ellen and Portia continued love and happiness in the future. I have been an Ellen fan since her stand up days. I am so happy for all her success.

Dee

Hurry and do it now because the Conservatives are going to pass a constitution this November that will wipe out today's ruling. Just saying.

Susan

This is awesome. Ellen has been waiting for this, has asked all the Democratic nominees about their issues on gay marriages and this is great news for them. Ellen and Portia are in love and deserve all the rights heterosexuals do. Congrats Ellen and Portia, this is a great day for you and we are all very happy for ya'll... now go have a beautiful wedding and try to keep the press away! (sorry TMZ) ;-)

Julia

What is wrong with all you people? Gays, lesbians, bisexuals, transgendered people have the right too live their lives with out prosecution for being who they are. Just because YOU believe that they shouldn't doesn't mean you should ruin their lives because of your beliefs. Frankly, I'm happily married to my wife of 3 years. Granted, we are not legally married in the state of PA, and cannot do so because it would never pass here since there are too many backwards hicks living in this state. Why should you care if Bob and Mark want to get married and share the same benefits as a man and a woman? Does it effect you? NO! They are tax paying citizens same as you. We pay more taxes than you because we cannot file jointly. We cannot share health benefits like you can. We cannot legally be in an emergency room with our partner like you can. This type of discrimination must stop.

I am proud that people like Ellen are standing up for what's right and getting married while it's legal. I know the state will try to ban it again, but look at Massachusetts. Their supreme court did the same thing, with Romney, the most conservative politician out there, as Governor, and there was no overturning of it. It's still legal in Massachusetts. You just can't come from out of state, get married, and leave. You must be a resident of the state for it to be legally binding. No matter, it's still legal.

Congrats to Ellen and Porche. I wish you all the joy and love I have had with my wife for years to come.

Huh?

what has made some of you people so viciously mean?? Two wonderful people who love each can now have happiness the rest of us take for granted. Live and let live and keep your judgemental noses out of other people's bedroom.

P.S. I have found that folks who protest the loudest have nothing going on in their bedrooms.

Tammy

to "Julia" THIS IS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT... BITCH BITCH BITCH, YOU BITCH ABOUT NOT BEING TREATED EQUAL, WELL "HELLO", YOU ARE NOT AN EQUAL, NEVER WILL BE NO MATTER WHAT THE COURTS DECIDE. IT IS WRITTEN IN VERY PLAIN BLACK AND WHITE FROM THE MAKER OF MAN THAT BEING HOMOSEXUAL IS "WRONG". NO MATTER HOW LOUD YOU BITCH AND NO MATTER HOW MANY COURTS SAY ITS OKAY, THE BOTTOM LINE IS IT WILL NEVER BE OKAY, SO PLEASE DO US A FAVOR AND SHUT THE HELL UP OR JUST DEAL WITH WHAT YOU HAVE GOT AND FEEL LUCKY THAT YOU MIGHT BE ACCEPTED IN SOCIETY, AND BTW, YOU MIGHT COLLECT A LOT MORE FRIENDS IF YOU WOULD JUST NOT CRAM YOUR LIFESTYLE UP THEIR NOSES. I'M NOT JUDGING YOU, YOUR DOING THAT TO YOURSELF BY MAKING A FOOL OF YOURSELF AND YOUR PARADES AND SUCH. IT'S NOT YOU THAT IS WRONG ITS YOUR LIFE CHOICES. I WILL ACCEPT YOU WHEN GOD SAYS I CAN.

omg?!?!?!?

ellen's gay?!?!?!? =O well, there goes every straight man's dream =P
good for her i guess. more taxes to be paid =D

Robin

I love Ellen, Congrats and I hope that she and Portia are as happy in their marriage as I am. This is not a "agree or disagree" issue. They want to be married and I wish them the best of luck. I am not gay or a lesbian but I do feel in my heart that noone should be judged by who they love and want to marry, If marriage is what two consenting adults want to do, I can only be happy that it is now possible. Change is not a bad thing. Our so called government should not have access to what we do in our own homes.