Yep,

I'm Getting Married

5/15/2008 11:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Well, she's gone and done it. Ellen's gonna get hitched.

A spy in the audience of this afternoon's taping of the "Ellen DeGeneres Show" tells us that after Ellen mentioned today's California Supreme Court ruling striking down the state's ban on gay marriage, she surprised everyone and announced that she was going to tie the knot with longtime girlfriend, actress Portia de Rossi.

Portia was in the crowd and after she made the announcement, the studio audience went wild, giving the two a huge standing O.

The show will air tomorrow.

bob

MOST DISGUSTING EVENT EVER!

Tammy

Ok I sorta lost my way on my rant, I guess just hearing and reading and watching all the nonsense related to this crap a person just gets fed up! I think Ellen is a beautiful person and many wonderful things for others it's just a shame it is the way it is, I just can't get past the lifestyle, but that is my choice, I guess I just believe what the bible says more than others and I believe in my convictions strongly. In the Old Testament we find heterosexuality to be proclaimed as God's natural order of creation, a teaching Jesus upheld in the New Testament. Biblically, homosexuality is described as both an "abomination" and "unnatural." God calls us to reject sin, but to love and value all people.

CTS

The Bible tells of queers, lesbians and gays in Romans 1. They will meet their maker one day and God will send them to Hell for the first death and then toss them and the devil into the lake of burning fire for their second death for their eternity. This is the worst sin of all. Rot in Hell you queers!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kelli

Rot in hell you queers? Very Christian of ya.

lalalaa

you know, only God can judge and if i recall from my bible school, we are all children of God and God loves us ALL. who are all of you saying hateful things to judge. you are NOT God. you say you follow the bible and are christians but you sit and judge and degrade others. i just don't get it. the "Christian" thing to do is to LOVE others. if it is so wrong, then let God judge them, you don't have to. you must be really relieved now that i've pointed out that you aren't God. PHEW!!! take a lot of pressure off of you and now you can go about YOUR OWN lives and look at what you are doing wrong and work on yourselves instead of judging others. i am sure that you don't live a sin free lifestyle. do you drink? do you swear? do you use say "oh my god"? stop taking the focus off of yourself and putting it on people who love each other. keep it simple. don't worry about what others are doing. you aren't going to be "punished" by God for what they do, only what you do yourself.

Just call me trailer trash....

I am very proud to be a Californian and especially proud to be a San Franciscan

this is a good thing for everyone and I'm so happy for not only Ellen and Portia but everyone else

SPloogeMan

I WAS JUST CURIOUS IF ELLEN EVER LETS PORTIA WEAR THE STRAP-ON ONCE IN A WHILE....

ENQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW....

I'M SURE MOST OF YOU WONDER ABOUT IT ALSO...

Mony

Fantastic News! I personally don't mind if gay people can marry. I beleive no one has the right to judge others. I love Ellen and Portia and I wish them all the happiness in the world. I trully believe they deserve it. Congrats!!!!!

Kelli

NUMbnuts, I am sure the majority don't.

Sarah

Why can't gays be happy with the domestic partnership they already have? Why do you have to get married and raise kids? You have legal protections already. Getting married isn't between the same sex. And kids need a mom and a dad. What girl wants to go to her dad when she enters puberty? Or gets her period? Our dad is the last person we want to go to about these things. Please, stop adopting kids, inseminating yourselves with kids if you are gay/lesbian. Kids don't want two dads, or two moms. They need one mom and one dad. Plus, the act of men having sex completely grosses me out. And I am a woman so don't call me a homophobic. I am not. I lived in a gay town for 11 years and I am straight. How come your relationships never last for very long?

Lissa

WHAT A DISGRACE TO SOCIETY. MAN AND WOMAN WERE MADE FOR EACH OTHER. NOT TO GO WITH THEIR OWN SEX!! IT IS A DISGRACE TO EVEN ALLOW THE SANCTITY OF MARRIAGE TO BE A PART OF THIS FARCE. IN THE EYES OF GOD IT CAN NEVER BE A TRUE, SANCTIFYING UNION. YOU ARE FOOLS!!!

J Liles

Congratulations to Ellen and Portia.

I wish you all the happiness in the world and a long and happy life together.

Sarah

For lalalaa, If one were to live absent of judgement, one would be an idiot. We all make judgements on what is healthy for us, what is unhealthy for us, who we should choose to date, who would be a poor choice etc. Lets take one of your examples, do you drink? Well, one exercises good judgement when one drinks responsibly. If a person frequently drinks too much and doesn't judge their behavior based on the consequences they are receiving, then they will not get the help they need to stop the behavior that is hurtful to themselves and to others. If we didn't have any judgements about people, then we would all think O.J. Simpson was a wonderful, just misunderstood person and the same with Manson. See, we have a system of courts and judges and juries for a reason. God gave us brains and the ability to judge for a reason. Don't be frivolous and waste your brain power by saying nobody should be judged for anything. That is just being stupid.

rosaparks

if you don't wear it in the hips,
pucker up and perform with the lips..........

fstop107

I thought marriage was a union between a man and a woman.....I guess I was wrong!