It Was a JOKE People!

5/16/2008 9:52 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Please do not run out and buy Ellen DeGeneres wedding gifts.

Yesterday, TMZ broke the story that Ellen had announced her impending nuptials to girlfriend Portia de Rossi. Right before, the talk show host issued a statement, lauding the court's decision to overturn California's ban on gay marriage, adding, "P.S. I'm registered at Crate & Barrel." Problem is, someone then thought it would be funny to actually register in the couple's name.

While Ellen and Portia are planning on tying the knot, they want to make sure that everyone knows that they are not registered -- anywhere.

We'd make a joke here, but we're afraid people will take it seriously.

Kelli

I already bought their toaster at Target?

Krishna

WHY BUY THE COW WHEN YOU ARE GETTING THE MILK FREE? YUM YUM

LameMZ

"We'd make a joke here, but we're afraid people will take it seriously." What? Publishing the name and photograph of a minor child involved in sex crime is a joke? Calling an unborn child a bastard in Headline of a story is a joke? Sorry if my sense of humor is not on your sick disgusting level.

wayne dh

Portia is going to take ellen to the cleaners in a palimony suit in about two years. They dont need to wed for Portia to get a chunk of cash from her. She will break ellen's heart just like nut job anne heche did.

Krishna

I DO NOT WANT TO SEE PORTIA NUDE. I WOULD RATHER SEE WHAT ELLEN IS WORKING WITH TO GET SUCH HOT BABES...EXCLUDING ANNE 'GOLD DIGGER' HECHE

Twinker

Gay marriage is the biggest joke ever.

Robert

WOW, Ellen's ole ladie is kinda cute. not an ellen fan but I'd watch.

Twinker

Too late...I'm sending them some nice Margarita glasses anyway.

wondering

Ellen is hella rich. that's how she gets the ladies.

Just like an old rich man.

Robert

HAY HARVEY WHY DO YOU ALWAYS REMOVE MY POSTED LINKS? I UNDERSTAND FAIRNESS IN LIFE BRO, BUT THATS NOT FAIR!!!!

SuperStarSteve

I'm gay and STILL don't want to get MARRIED! YIKES!

Sign me,

H to the E to the Double L NO!

yazzie

Yuk and more yuk. I cant stand the fact of two women humping on each other. I ....hold on... I just blew chunks. Very very nasty. WRONG. Your women not men. HELLOOOO.

Kelli

Who am I to judge? I like the male anatomy but good for them! Go girls,,,,

Rhi

I hope that they rot in hell just like all the other sodomites!!

Robert

Yes kelli, It's a persons cival right to bang who they want. I just so happen to perfer women. sorry guys.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments