Huckabee's Obama Assassination Proclamation

5/17/2008 12:08 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Good thing this guy dropped out of the race, cause we certainly don't need this brand of presidential "humor."

Former candidate Mike Huckabee was speaking Friday to the NRA, when there was a loud bang. Instead of continuing his speech, he aimed a joke at Barack Obama. *crickets*

Huckabee apologized for his "offhand remark," saying it was not "intended to offend or disparage Senator Obama." Obama, for his part, refused to comment.

Because what's funnier than killing a U.S. Senator?!

Lara

I thought if the people could vote in Bush,,,,TWICE.... anything could happen with "sucks to be" Huckabee. Thankfully he is out of the race so no worries now in that regard.

Mr. Hat

I LOVE HUCKABEE.

Elaine 27

This so called "morally and holier than thou", sham of a christian, Mike Huckabee knew exactly what he was doing. This was no joke. He was sending out the signal for the redneck racist gun tooting white ignaramous to assinate Obama. If he did not get fire under his ass because of the outcry against his ignorant remarks, he would not have apologized hours later. Chris Matthews of MSNBC was so outraged by his remarks that he told Tucker Carlson a stanch republication that he hope that the CIA takes note of this remark and give Obama increase protection. The day before Huckabee made his statement I told one of the security gurads at my place of employment that I fear for Obama's life, especially with Hillary playing the race card. There are crazy white people in this country who will assinate a black man before, they have a black man rule over them. The only way the forces that be can stop Obama is to assinate him. The man is intelligent and eloquent unlike the dumass that we have in power right now. The republicans, Hillary and the main stream media tried to bring him down with the Rev. Wright story and linking him with Bin Laden and say that he is a Muslim and it did not work. I was not surprised by Huckabee's comment. The two Kennedy brothers were assinated, so it would not be nothing new if they try to do the same to Obama. What comes out of a man's heart defile him. Huckabee was not joking, what came out of his mouth was exactly what he ment. This country needs prayer and fasting. This administration really dumb down this society. Jah, please protect Obama from the evil forces who are at this moment plotting to assinate him or who plays on the minds of the racist, white supremists with the intention of triggerng them to go use their guns and assinate him. Shame, shame on the politics of personal distrution. These darn politicians need to stop insult intelligent people everytime that they make thier racist and evil remarks and say that it was a joke, long after the fact.

SWEET MUSH MUSH

HEY BP, WHAT HAPPENED TO, NOT MINORITIES, BUT BLACK PEOPLE HAPPENED YEARS AGO, AND GUESS WHAT, IT IS STILL HAPPENING AS WE SPEAK. SO PLEASE UPROOT YOUR HEAD UP OUT OF THE SAND AND FACE UP TO REALITY. ENOUGH OF THE CONSTANT DENIAL.
AND, I UNDERSTAND THAT YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO LEAVE IF I DON'T LIKE THE RACIST ASSAULTS FROM YOUR BREATHREN. HOW ABOUT YOU GO BACK TO EUROPE, BACK TO YOUR CAVES, AND LEAVE AFRICA ALONE. SEE, IF I DESIDE TO GO BACK TO AFRICA AS YOU WISH, GUESS WHAT........THERE U ARE!!!CONTROLLING THE VAST MINERAL AND HUMAN RESOURCES, TRANSPORTING IT BACK TO AMERICA TO KEEP YOU NICE AND WELL STUFFED.
THEN YOU LEAVE THEM YOUR FAKE MYTHICAL JESUS/ALLAH TO CONFUSE
THE PEOPLE. SO THAT THERE WILL NEVER BE PEACE, EVER!.. ON THE AFRICAN CONTINENT.

rightgeous

I thought that Huckabee had been a preacher. He rides the Christian Train all day, every day. I guess the devil made him say it!

Glynise

what are White people afraid of?

WB

Duh...it makes a little more sense if you read the part that tells he is SPEAKING TO THE NRA....

So true

ehhhhhhhhhhhh, I"m sorry that answer is incorrect, we were looking for why would you be stupid enough to make a gun joke about a controversial nominee when you too were once a candidate

Jane

This is the reason why we have so many problems in the USA. There are too many bigots and hypocrites in this country and the true is you do not know which one you are interacting with on a daily basis on your job. Very scary. Barrack Obama, you have my vote regardless of what any of these people on this forum are saying. If Hilary wins for the democratic party I will not vote at all because Hillary like is just like the majority of white folks who surely belief that they are superior to everyone else. All these white presidents that have help presidential positions did not need any experience but because Barrack as African blood in him he needs to experience so white folks can ok him in the white house. The true is, even if Barrack had 20 years of vice president experience, most white american and yes some black americans would still not want him there. The man is intelligent and he needs to be in the white house to allow change that this country needs. I hear too many pitiful excuses as to why he is not like, and why he will not be voted for --but the bottom line is race. Until america can acknowledge its racist that is part of its culture, problems will forever be in the world. For a baptist minister ot make such a joke of another person who is also of the same faith is very scary. What would he say of the Muslims and Hindus? I guess it goes to show that race supercede religion america. I admire Barrack because like myself I know he had to work hard to get where he is because white people do not hand anything easy to minorities. We have to work 100 times harder, to earn the same accolades--what ashame. I have had my share of the same thing but I will forever stand up to anyone who tries to deny me of my right. Treat people the way you would like to be treated and until people acknowledges bigotry it will also be around. I remember one white lady told me once that it is part of the american culture to be fake (of course she said she was not fake) but for me I will never be fake, I will keep it real until the day I died. I do not bring hate to anyone but if you bring it to me I will do like wise because people have to stand up for their rights. GO BARACK. Lexi and all the other people who have made racist comments--if you have kids I pray to God that you are teaching them the right thing. Pray for world Peace.

Alexa

Stick a fork in him...

Robin

@ 70. If Obama wins this election, this country is doomed. He is not a good candidate, he has no clue what he is doing, and his ideas are only gonna hurt us.
That being said, I dont want Clinton OR McCain to win Either. NONE of them are qualified to help this country right now!
THey need to go back to the perverbial drawing board for now, and learn what it used to mean to be a President of the greatest country on Earth!

Posted at 1:19PM on May 17th 2008 by Ryan

I guess you should throw your hat in and run for the most powerful job in our great crountry. BTW I forgot that Bush had a plan if one is so stupid enough to vote for him again they would. Dude get a life. Unless you are on Bush's payroll or a family memeber or even a oil investor, do you need a new set of glasses? I take it you are a rich republician with money in the bank set aside not to pay the day to day living called bils. Bush and the whole Repubician Party has letf lots of dreams crash. Ma and Pops operations be it selling flowers to selling groceries is now a thing of the past. A dream lost due to war, high gas prices and homes being lost due to mother nature and the economy. A storm can take away a home at a moments notice. A job can leave and go over seas only to get replaced by someone on the other line I can't understand (even if they speak english). If a black man is going to get his "righ of passage" so to speak, what can he do more wrong that for centuries a whie president has not already done. Don't juge by skin color but by character. We all bleed the same red blood and this war is bleeding lots of it. Either your are stupid, don't have a child serving in this war or just a racist SOB, either way You should get a life, find a hobby or even if you are married with children take care of your own. No matter who gets in the White House, I feel that we are all doomed for destruction. Tale care or your own household and stop being hateful. I guess you like to buy $4 for a gas. Well guess what, I don't. I have to rob peter to pay paul. Do I like that all convience stores in my neighborhood is operated and owned by non american ppl? Hell No/ I was born in America and find that non Americans get more perks than I do.

Get Over It

You people need to lighten up....find a hobby or something....it was a joke aimed at Obama's platform regarding organizations like the NRA. He wasn't personally attacking Obama's character. Politicians poke fun at one another whether you find it funny or not - they've done it on both sides of the aisle - and these are not character attacks. Wise up....

P.S. TMZ stick to celebrity gossip....your spin on politics is not well played.

Jannie

Just leave him alone. Everyone has at one time or another said something they were sorry for thinking it might be funny at some time. His joke just fell flat.

Jonjay

I wonder what the Secret Service had to say about his attempt at humor? It amazes me that a person who had Secret Service protection himself would actually make such a stupid statement. His apology was lame too. Stay in Arkansas Mr. Huckabee.

Heather T

This comment was completely offensiveand disrespectful. Especially coming from a former pastor, he should be ashamed of himself. Notice how the audience just stopped and paused, that should of been the first indication that he fumbled a little. He and the rest of the GOP'S need to go bury their heads in a pile of sand & give it up because they are going to crushed come November!!!!!