Steven Tyler: Dude Looks Like a Rehab

5/21/2008 3:42 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Steven Tyler: Click to Watch!Aerosmith frontman Steven Tyler, 60, has checked himself into Las Encinas Hospital drug rehabilitation clinic -- the place Dr. Drew practices -- in Pasadena, Calif.

It's the same facility where the reality show "Celebrity Rehab" was filmed. Tyler is getting treatment for substance abuse.

Tyler's reps had no comment.

Story developing ...

caledonia

I am so disappointed to hear about Steven's relapse. I listen to his song 'Amazing' often and I'll now be listening to it in a new way. I really hope that this man can find peace and come back to amaze the rest of us again. I am wishing the very best for Steven and also for his children who have been through so much. It is so hard to have a parent who is an addict.

No fat chicks

Clearly Steven hater or aerogirl or anne or whoever your claiming to be this time........... clearly by your anger I have hit a soft spot. You MUST be fat and ugly or you wouldn't have gotten so upset. It's the only reason for someone whom doesn't know the man to get so upset. It's also obvious that you don't know the family or friends whom have accepted. Just an outsider looking in thinking they know what's best for a rock star. Keep posting your comments about someone you don't even know and keep dreaming honey, he'll never come to you in anything more than your dreams. Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha........... Steven, isn't it great that so many nobody's think they know you????? Ha Ha Ha

Nechie

Hey tracey, Why not hold that death opinion to yourself. Us folks that have grown up on him have seen worse back in his serious Herion days. But the one thing you always keep to yourself is :Death: That was lame!!! What,,,you have him buried at age 63? Young and dumb. Best wishes on a fast re-coop,,,,,,,,be seeing ya soon Dude, doing what ya do, ROCK
Nechie

laddy

Celebrity rehab was not shot at Las Encitias--it was shot at another facility in Pasadena. Dr. Drew's hospital would not permit cameras....I know, I worked on it.

BABE BAYONNE

COME ON STEVE I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT,SURE 20 YEARS AGOTOXIC TWINS WAS AHHHH BUT NOW YOUR 60 STEVE
WITH THE MOST BEAUTY,ELEGANCE,DAUGHTER.WISH YOU THE VERY VERY BEST KICK THAT STUFF TO THE SIDE OF THE ROAD.SIR MICK JAGGER WILL GIVE YOU SOME GREAT ADVICE,PLEASE DO NOT TALK TO KEITH.LIKE YOU SANG WALK THIS WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!DO IT FOR ONLY YOU& YOUR DAUGHTER,AND DO NOT FORGET WHO PUT AREOSMITH UP THERE YOUR FANS LIKE ME.HANG TUFF DUDE,STAY OFF THE MOTORCYCLE FOR A WHILE AFTER REHAB OK THUMBS UP FOR YA STEVE COME BACK SUPER STRONG!!GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY BABE

Anne

No fat chicks, thank you for pointing out that Erin Brady used her own money for her non-surgeries... How much money does a Live Nation tour promoter make, anyway? Think or say what you will--

she-she

STEVEN, I LOVE YOU SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH. HANG IN THERE!YOU HAVE A GOOD SOUL, AND A GREAT HEART!
SINCE 1973 YOU HAVE BEEN MY INSPIRATION. I MET YOU BACKSTAGE IN DENVER (2002) AND KANSAS CITY(2002) ,YOU WERE SO SWEET . THE NEXR TIME I MET YOU YOU REMEMBERED ME. I HAVE HAD MY DEMONS WITH DRUGS ALSO. REMEMBER HOW GREAT LIFE IS WITHOUT THEM. LOVE U SHERI

Anne

Let's all gather around the crack pipe and sing Kumbaya

sue haas

Dude, so sad to hear the news. I know you are strong, you've been around decades. Stay away from the negative people in your life and think of your kids and Milo. They all need you. Your fans want to hear your talent for years to come. Peace out and love ya lots!!!

luvaerosmith1013

Steven Tyler is Rock and Roll. The surgeries and medical issues that he has faced over recent years would be a challenge for anyone at any age. It makes me sad to see so many people jusmping to conclusions about heroin,etc.... It is not for me or anyone else to judge. The man learned from the past and knew what he had to do to get well. I wish him complete recovery and a pain free life from this point on. 60 or whatever age,the sound of his voice still does it for me. Rock on,and love ya always Steven!!!!

Paula/Cincinnati
luvaerosmith1013@aol.com

Jillybean

I can't believe such nasty people out there. Wow! When I was 17 I was addicted to heroin. Got clean by 19 and lived a sober lifestyle. After an injury in my forties, I became addicted to painkillers. After awhile, they didn't work and I found a heroin connection. So here I am, late forties and addicted to heroin. I am taking steps to get clean and when the kids get out of school, will be entering a rehab myself. Drug addictions hit every walk of life. It's truly one of the worst demons and not easy to stop. Someone wrote to quit cold turkey. Have you ever been thru withdrawl? I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. I truly applaud Steven for getting help. It's not an easy thing to do.

Tracey in Terre Haute

Steven,

Good Luck, stay strong and God Bless. You did it before and you can do it again! Just remember all the millions of people who love and support you around the world and can't wait for you and the boys to go on tour again. Surround yourself with positive people and energy. I will pray for you and yours........
Always your biggest fan,
Love,
Tracey K.

jouster

Man, I wish Tyler well. The disease of addiction has a stigma attached to it when it shouldn't. If he had heart problems would there be a stigme? Good Luck Steven!

Noumea

Good luck Mr. Tyler. I wish you all the best. Life is an adventure. Take care and know there are so many people supporting you. You are well loved. Peace be with you always

SunapeeRockStar

Steven,
Hang in there and just get better. Addiction is such a constant battle. I am no where close to seeing my last Aerosmith show. We need you back. You bring such joy to everyone. I love flying all over the world seeing you and your band. For a few hours a night I get to pretend that I am 14 again like I was at your first show 30 years ago. Your true fans "The Blue Army" will always be there for you. When we come to see you it's like coming to see family play that's in the neighborhood. Or like I told you when I saw you last in Chi Town I go to the "Away" games as well as the "Home" games too. When people say things so bad about you it hurts us too. We take it personal as you can see in some of the posts. We can't help it. For many of us musically you have been a constant part of our lives. An important part. A healing part.

Just remember whatever you read or hear "The Blue Army" is out there. We support you all the way. Many of us have been there. We know this time is tough. Thank god you had the courage to reach out. I believe music is therapy. I think it is therapy for you too. Write some lyrics, continue to be creative. Concentrate on yourself and healing right now. I know it won't be long before the Nag Champa is flowing through the front rows again. We love you Steven. Just Get Better.