Daughter of Christian Singer Chapman Killed

5/22/2008 7:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The five-year-old daughter of Christian singer Steven Curtis Chapman was killed last night when a car apparently driven by one of her older brothers hit her in the Chapman family's driveway.

In what local police are calling a "terrible accident," Maria Chapman was playing in the driveway when she was struck by a Toyota Land Cruiser driven by one of Chapman's teenage sons. The police did not identify the driver, according to The Tennessean.

A statement on Chapman's website says, "Maria was rushed to Vanderbilt Children's Hospital in Nashville, transported by LifeFlight, but died of her injuries there." Maria was the youngest of the Chapman's six children.

Grace

Rest in peace Maria! I pray for the Chapman Family. May the Love of God surround them at this time.

crus

hey, "just wondering", sounds like you have a fascination with lemons. You're not putting them into any orifices that they
are not supposed to go are you??

ThirstyThursday

I don't understand this, did the Prince of Peace just not like his songs?

Elliott family

Our hearts are broken with yours. You are in our prayers. May God's love surround you, your son who was involved in this accident, and the whole family. May you sense His arms around you. He is holding your precious little girl in His arms.

ME

My prayers go out to the family

crus

"Just wondering" and "thirsty thursday" are homo lovers, so what, get over it, let them be!

who cares

To # 176 that is a mean thing to say to someone who is recovering from a deadly brain cancer? what kind of demon are you?
I hope that Karma strikes you or your family for being so mean
after all this is America and people have a right to free speech or am I mis informed?
have a great day you nasty person

chalkoutline

God help that boy, his guilt might ruin his life.

What a tragic accident.

ThirstyThursday

Tomsinin #178

Jealous?

kisses and hugs hunny

call me

Ani

My thoughts and prayers go out to the Chapman family.

Elisha

#34, that song is very inspirational and I am praying that the Chapman's remember it during this time. While death seems so final, there is always hope to those who believe in Christ.

I am praying for the family and especially for the teenaged son,that he will be able to forgive himself and accept the forgiveness of others for a tragic mistake that was out of his control.

Niki

Ths is so terrible. When I saw it last night, I went to his wesite and listened to his new song called "Cinderella", which, I think is about this little girl. In the song, it is so sad because he sings about it turning 12 and her having to go away.
It is so ironic and so sad.

Missy

Sorry for your loss. May God be with your family.

who cares

FOR TOMSININ
how would you know if they are "homo lovers"?
are you showing your true colors and trying to invite them to hook up with you?
I thought this post was about a child that was trgically killed and you people with nothing better to do are doing nothing but
picking on other posters, some of the posters here need to go back to class where they belong and let the adults post on this site
just my opinion

HARDY-HAR-HAR

Absolutely tragic. And my heart goes out to not only her parents, but especially her brother who hit her. I can't even begin to imagine how that must feel.