David Archuleta: Welcome to the Losers' Circle

5/22/2008 12:57 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Now that little Davey has been crowned runner-up, he joins Justin Guarini, Diana DeGarmo, Bo Bice, Katharine McPhee and Blake Lewis in the long list of names you'll immediately forget about after reading this post.

His one shining hope -- turning out like Clay Aiken. That's dim.

CrawfordSF

Hey people! If you read the original article, it doesn't say Clay Aiken won. The author was referring to Clay Aiken's fame and career as a runner up have out shown the success of Ruben. So the author was saying David A. could (but probably won't) pull a Clay Aiken and have a better career (not likely) than David Cook.

ohreli

....DAVID ARCHULETA WONT FADE INTO OBSCURITY UNLESS HE CHOOSES NOT TO PURSUE A MUSICAL CAREER. EVERYONE KNOWS THIS KID IS A PRODIGY WITH INCREDIBLE TALENT. I'D RATHER HEAR HIS VERSIONS OF 'LONG AND WINDING ROAD' 'ANGELS' 'WHEN YOU BELIEVE' THAN THE ORIGINALS! DOLLY PARTON SAID "HE DEFINITELY HAS WHAT IT TAKES TO BE A GREAT, GREAT SINGER." THE JUDGES RAVED AND HE CAPTIVATED AUDIENCES. (44 MILLION VOTES ISNT 'CHUMP CHANGE', TMZ!!) SO COOK'S FANS STAYED UP LATER DIALING THE VOTING NUMBERS OVER AND OVER. THEY BOTH HAVE GREAT CAREERS AHEAD OF THEM, IF THEY WANT IT!!

Star

Because it was the battle of the Davids Archie wont be forgotten Blake Lewis is Awesome and Reuben was forgotten, but Clay made it

me

7. THIS KID WILL BE THE BIGGEST THING TO EVER COME OUT OF AMERICAN IDOL,DONT FORGET HE'S ONLY 16.

Posted at 12:10PM on May 22nd 2008 by VAN HALEN OU812

I totally agree. He's a little cutie with tremendous talent, and a very likeable personality. I think there are huge things to come for little David A, but I'm not so about David C's prospects, though of course I hope they both do very well.

Cook Fan

David Archuleta is just the first loser.

me

42. I think you're wrong. I'm glad Cook won, but Archuleta has something special. I think he'll do really well.

Posted at 2:12PM on May 22nd 2008 by sandy

I agree...David A is only 16 and does have something very special and charismatic about him...he has that star quality that so few people have.

Tony

Interesting Take, TMZ.

While I liked Clay Aiken when he was on Idol, and am aware of the fact that he also placed second place, that's where the comparisons end between the two. While both are unique, David has much more going for him than Clay ever will.

David Archuleta is a fine young man, an accomplished and talented performer, complete with a shining personality that will carry him far in life, even if he never achieves fame and fortune as a singer. I happen to think he will find both.

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised at the level of commentary that I read above. You folks are still trying to pass yourselves off as a legitimate media source. Forgive me, but all I see are examples of an organization that is in the business of creating an outlet for the recruiting and training of the next generation of people stalkers.

David Archuleta may have placed second on the show, but he's a winner just the same. That's more than I can say for the lot of those out there on the streets attempting to pick up the bread crumbs that you pay them for some dirt.

Keep up the good work. You'll fizzle like a wet firecracker in the rain if you do.

Me

David Archuleta will do very well. Maybe he'll even give Harvey a job.

Cabo

I voted for David Cook, but I really like David Archuleta. What I liked this year was that they're both two really nice guys and they both are talented. Winning IDOL doesn't necessary make a future star. I think David Cook will go on to stardom because he IS talented. And so is Archuleta. His coming in second won't deter him from making a name for himself if that's how it goes. Winning didn't help Taylor Hicks; in the end, there are other factors.

What I really hate is how boards everywhere bring out the cruelty & harsh judgmental nature of so many people. Sad commentary on society.

I was happy to see both of these guys make it to the finale and I wish them both EVERY success.

me

You can stick with a sepcific genre of music such as Country, but you must be able to sing both the ballards and the faster tunes. That is where David Archuleta lacks a great deal of talent.....NOT being flexible enough.
But one has to think hard about the fact that Archuleta was a contestant on Star Search and did NOT win and now Daddy put him on American Idol and he did not win. I wonder what Daddy will do next? NO record company will deal with Archuleta with Daddy hanging around giving his son wrong advice. Music Executives will drop him like a hot potato if that man pulls the same crap that he did on Star Search and American Idol. Archuleta maybe 17 biologically, but it certainly seems like his Daddy treats him like he was a 10 year old.

Posted at 1:05PM on May 22nd 2008 by LeeAnn

I guess you've never heard about a guy called Michael Buble, or harry connick junior? You certainly don't sound like anyone with any knowledge of the industry.

And you know nothing of his relationship with his father, only what you read on TMZ. Simon likes the guy, and it seems to me the guy really loves his son. The kid isn't making any money, but dad's been supporting him. Unlike pa spears who insists on getting paid to even help a very sick daughter. At least we will always know David A's dad cared for him without getting paid for it! Seems to me the kid is very polite and hard working...it sounds like he has a great family support system.

efitz

Are you kidding?? Disney is salivating...with contract in hand. Every "tween" in the world wants to snog him.

maya

fyi.... this is one idol we are not gonna forget.

d

Listen Davie boy, your dad is the one last lost if for you with all those antics. The other Dave isn't very talented (though I can only stand to listen to you sing one song before I am tired of it) and people just didn't feel all the lame drama you had going on there. Seemed too prepared. Thank your dad for flubbing it up.

nataliec

I THINK IT WAS HIS OVERBEARING FATHER THAT DID HIM IN...........WE ALL WATCHED THIS CREEP AND HIS AGGRESIVE TACTICS AND NO ONE WAS IMPRESSED WIT IT......I SAY TO DAVID A. LOSE THAT CONTROLLING FATHER OF YOURS...HE HAS NO CLASS AND WILL DESTROY ANY CHANCES OF A REAL CAREER....MOST PEOPLE ARE TURNED OFF BY AGGRESIVE BEHAVIOR...IT SEEMS TO HIS FATHER IS A NO TALENT CREEP THAT IS TRYING TO LIVE OFF HIS CHILD...HAVE WE HEARD THAT BEFORE...DENISE RICHARD......DINA LOHAN TO NAME THE BIGGEST PIMPS OUT THERE! SO GET RID OF THAT OVERBEARING MAN AND YOU WILL MAKE IT...OTHERWISE KEEP THAT DINGALING YOU CALL A DAD, CLOSE BY AND THEN YOU CAN SAY GOOD-BY TO ANY KIND OF A CAREER! DO YOU THINK ANY PRODUCER WOULD LET YOU DAD IN ON A RECORDING...HELL NO....HE'D PROBABLY WANT TO MIX THE DAMN THING HIMSELF.......

Star

I wish I was a fly on the wall to hear what Archies Dad said when the results were said lololol