David Cook: After the Bell

5/22/2008 10:07 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The sweet smell of victory -- at the Skybar in Hollywood.

same same same

are you serious is right! anonymousmug

with that attitude you should go back to your home! and get a grip!

Sheryl

the RIGHT MAN WON!

OMG

Archie would have had to go to Chuckie Cheese. My boy won - SOOOO happy!

Stupid People Suck!

David Cook is deliciously H-O-T! I love him! You High School Musical Junkies need to back off my boy and let him sing with that precious voice of his! Go watch Darchie on Riverboat or somethin. The right man did win and I am slo glad he did!

LOVE YOU DAVID COOK!!!! YOU FREAKIN ROCK BABY!!

Stupid People Suck!

Hey anonymousmug, couldn't understand your comment cuz I don't know where to push #1 to read the FN English version!

bayouman

I think the math of the matter speaks volumes. If David Cook got 12 m more votes than Archie, and the vote total was 97 m, then Archie got 42.5 m and Cook got 54.5 m.

It wasn't even close. And Paula, Randy, and Simon's votes are only worth 3. That's it, so no matter what they did or said, they weren't really going to affect the outcome of the finale. Did Archie sing better that night? Yes, did he win the season?

NOPE. He's 17, and has a long way to go before he's ready to take on the music industry. Too much daddy influence also hurt him with voters.

Helicopter parents is what we call them. If Jeff Archuletta wants David to get to the next level, he needs to let a professional assume the role as coach and mentor now.

Sylvia

What is the real story about David Archuleta's Dad having David change the lyrics to a song and why did it cost the producers of American Idol money? How much did they have to pay out and to whom?It certainly cost David Archuleta the title which tells me this show is rigged.Why isn't there a way to show the public the true voting results like in a political voting contest?The producers can hire any firm to count in their favored contestant to win in my opinion.

cj21

OMG!!!! Anonymousmug - GET A LIFE!!! Why do people like you make everything into a racial war?? If race was the issue, Reuben and Fantasia wouldn't have won. They won because of their talent, just like David Cook. You really need to get a grasp on reality and face the facts, its not a race contest, its a talent contest. Davis A is a good singer but he is very young and still needs to grow with his voice and talent. The better man won and deserved to win!

Crazygirl

IT WAS A GREAT SHOW, LAST NIGHT!!!!!DAVID COOK IS A REAL ROCKER, AND HE CAN SING!!!!!!DAVID A. IS A PHONY, EVERY WEEK THAT LOOK ON HIS FACE, YOU REALLY LIKE ME GUYS, GEE! WIZ!!!PLUS CRAZY STAGE DAD WITH HAT, LITTLE CREEPY!!!!! DAVID COOK IS THE TRUE AMERICAN IDOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Razzed

NOW PEOPLE ARE SAYING AI IS RIGGED----GOOD GRIEF!!!!!!!!!!! GROW UP, PEOPLE!!!!!! IT WAS A LANDSLIDE!!!! MORE--AND I REPEAT--MORE PEOPLE LIKED DAVID COOK! END OF STORY! I VOTRED MY BUTT OFF VOTING FOR HIM; AND PUHLEAAAAAAZE!!!! HE WAS THE OVERWHELMING FAVORITE IN ALL THE POLLS, ALL THE BOOKING SITES FOR WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!! HE WAS BOUND TO WIN--AND HE DID!

DA FANS, NO SORE LOSERS, PLEASE!!! ALSO REMEMBER THAT THE JUDGES, AT POINT OR ANOTHER, SAID HE COULD WIN THE WHOLE THING BECAUSE OF HIS AMAZING PERFORMANCES! SIMON EVEN SAID, AND I QUOTE:

"IF THIS REMAINED A TALENT COMPETITION RATHER THAN A POPULARITY CONTEST, YOU CAN ACTUALLY WIN THIS WHOLE THING."

AND HE DID, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! HE DESERVED THIS! DC, THANKS FOR GIVING US HELLO, ELEANOR RIGBY, BILLIE JEAN, ALWAYS BE MY BABY, AND TONS MORE! YOU ARE TRULY THE AMERICAN IDOL.

WE GOT IT RIGHT, AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!

timpundit

Yesterday, TMZ all but Crowned David Archeletta. Typical, hacks. Can't get anything right.

Just sayin'!

archiefan

DAVID A IS THE WINNER NO MATTER WHAT ANYONE ELSE SAYS THIS IS A SINGING CONTEST AND THE BOY CAN SING UNLIKE COOK WHO IS AVERAGE , SO ALL WHO VOTED FOR COOK YOUR CONSIENCE WILL BE TALKING TO YOU SOON ,RIGHT IS RIGHT IT WAS NOT A POPULARITY CONTEST . DAVID A YOUR SINGING TOUCH MY HEART AND CHILL MY SOUL YOU ARE BLESSED WITH A GIFT KEEP SINGING DAVID A

Bettsie

NO. 61 YOU ACTUALLY BOUGHT ALL THAT CRAP. LET'S NOT FORGET FIRSTLY IT'S IS A FOX SHOW FOR (RANDY, PAULA, AND SIMON) PRESENTED TO US BY FOX TELEVISION. NOBODY ON THAT SHOW IS A (SINGER). AT THE VERY LEAST OR BEST IT IS POOR, STUPID, BORING TELEVISION SHOW. IT'S IS NOT EVEN ENTERTAINMENT. THAT STUPID SHOW IS SO HISTORY. THANK GOD FOR SMALL FAVORS.

not me

Anonymousmug : I don't think race had anything to do with the outcome. I'm a dummy and a little slow, but I didn't know David Archuleta was Hispanic until last night's interview with his grandfather who doesn't speak English well. Who on earth cares? The boy has a great set of pipes and will go far, I'm sure. Meanwhile, I LOVED seeing ZZTop and David Cook! Since I know everyone wants to know my opinion, I also think Jack Black is one of the funniest people on the planet!

CJ