David Cook: After the Bell

5/22/2008 10:07 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The sweet smell of victory -- at the Skybar in Hollywood.

#1cookfan

I woke up this morning and all was right with the world!!!! I dreamt of the AMERICAN IDOL winner David COOK all night....whew. I'm anxiously waiting to buy his new CD.... I look forward to TMZ's coverage of MY man: Cook!

ihatedavida

Ithink that the right david won because he actually has a range in his talent, while david archuleta can only sing ballads which i dont wants to hear!!!!!!!!

Tula

David Archuletta has a wonderful, powerful voice, very strong vocals. This isn't all you need to win Idol. You need performance skills, and he doesn't quite have them yet. He looks scared when he completes a performance and he can't sing the upbeat stuff. Ballads great! I loved David Cook from the beginning he is a great singer, vocally not as strong as Archuletta but he has the karisma, and talent to captivate you when he sings and that is the "American Idol".

Ilona

I really do not understand what the big faschination with David A is! True the boy has a vcice, but lacks personality. His singing is boring. And his constant squinting was annoying. My daughter and I were both David COOK fans from DAY ONE! And we celebrated his well deserved win. CONGRATS to David Cook!!

Star

96. i won't be listening to or buying any of his music..sorry
and that doesn't mean i liked the other David either.

Posted at 2:10PM on May 22nd 2008 by sick of american idol

THEN DONT WATCH AND DONT COMMENT PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE STUPID

Star

Ilona

I agree 100% he always looks stiff and doesnt seem like he actually clicked with any of the others.. something just isnt right with him... David Cook was awesome to recognize Archie so much during his own moment..

CC8088

AMERICA VOTED! AND DAVID COOK WON! I DO BELIEVE THAT SHOWS HE WAS AND IS THE BEST OF THE ENTIRE SEASON OF CONTESTANTS! AMERICA VOTED! IT'S NOT RIGGED! THE ONLY IGNORANT PEOPLE THAT SAY THESE KIND OF SHOW ARE RIGGED ARE THE ONES WHO ARE ANGRY THAT THEIR FAVORITE GOT BOOTED. GET OVER IT! IT WILL ALL HAPPEN AGAIN NEXT YEAR!

Star

I knew Archie fans would come up with excuses to make themelves feel better .... like,, its because of his dad, pity for Cook, a bunch of stupid things just because they are bitter... The right guy won.. now get over it!

anonymousmug

IT DOESN'T MATTER.

ARCHULETA WILL SELL MORE CD'S.

BY A MOTHERLOAD...PERIOD!!!

Star

#105 really? looks to me like 12 million more will be sold my Cook..

lala

I can't stand archuleta either, so I'm not making excuses as some of you losers suggest. But, yes, a BIG reason why Cook won was because he insisted on ramming his sick brother down our throats every day...how someone could stoop so low as to use their own family to get ahead is beyond me.

he is number ONE!

David Cook number ONE on iTunes! I cannot wait until is album is released.

Patti

Congratulations to David Cook. The best voice won. Everyone has been going on and on about Archie for months. His voice was BORING! Everything he sang was in a flat, sweet tone. Maybe a little bit girly voice too. The best man won, sorry Archie daddy!!!

Beth

I'm disappointed in the negativity here. Both guys are good. There is absolutely no excuse in some of the trashing going on here. I read some of the comments, but stopped when I ran into the "he didn't win because he's Hispanic" one. Good grief! I liked Hernandez and Archuleta both and I no more considered them Hispanic than Brooke White. I'm not looking at race and I don't believe anyone else is either. Being Hispanic hasn't hurt JLo, has it? Or Esteban? Or Iglesias? What a crock! David Cook won because he got more votes. About half the comments I've read on other boards suggest that the judges overdose of praise for Archuleta on the finale made them furious about the way Cook was treated, particularly because some of his stellar performances. I've read comments from 70 and 80 year olds who got so angry that they got out their phones and voted the entire 4 hours...for the very first time. I personally preferred Cook, and I'm glad he won.

San Francisco

Mr. Cook is going to be dealing with a lot of MEN who think he's cute. He seems pretty cool . I'm just offering some friendly advice so TMZ doesn't ever catch him being homophobic, the bastards! ;-)