David Cook: After the Bell

5/22/2008 10:07 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The sweet smell of victory -- at the Skybar in Hollywood.

Alex's Chica

Congratulations chulo. You are going to be a STAR and all the haters Shut Up... Youre all just jealous... Good Luck on your very succesful career. Daughtry, Kelly and Carrie you have 1 more on your Awesome Team...You guys all ROCK...

he is number ONE!

#108 lala... the BIG reason David Cook won is because he has talent (David A. also is talented, but he is lacking something other than his voice) Cook, also has a special something that draws people in, the guy took boring songs and made them great, he took a Mariah Carey song and sang it wonderfully. Not once did he ever ram his sick brother down our throats. NOT ONCE! He deserves to be the American Idol. And may God bless his brother and bring him happiness as well. #1,2,3 & 4 on iTunes top 100 currently.

NurseBridget

The reason why David Cook won (besides the obvious) is because of 3 reasons:
1. He won the votes...he's a MUSICIAN, not canned pop...so stop whining! If it was rigged, Monchichi Lip Licker would have won...especially considering that all 3 judges were practically sitting in his lap and playing with his hair the night before!
2. America is tired of overbearing stage parents and the reprecussions on their kids. Archuletta is already brainwashed...he barely knows how to do friendly, entertaining banter in between songs (although you can chalk that up to his YOUNG AGE). And don't get me started on his "Love Guru" performance!
3. David Cook hasn't won any other television talent competitions!!!!!!!! He's the real deal!
Congrats to you, David Cook! Your win has revived my faith in the American public and the Generations born before 1984!

Star

108. I can't stand archuleta either, so I'm not making excuses as some of you losers suggest. But, yes, a BIG reason why Cook won was because he insisted on ramming his sick brother down our throats every day...how someone could stoop so low as to use their own family to get ahead is beyond me.

Posted at 6:50PM on May 22nd 2008 by lala

People like you have problems and are sick.. IF it was your family member you would want them there its his BROTHER for goodness sake! He is dying and they didnt bring it up all the time... You really have issues

Your Mom

David Cook is hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hehe

"monchichi" lol.

David has until the next AI season to make something of this win because by that time no one will give a damn about him anymore because they their attention will be on the next crop of singers. Each passing season, winning this competition seems to mean less; I wonder when it will get canceled.

JP

SOO..DC WON!!! I PICKED HIME OUT SINCE TOP 11. HE'S THE WHOLE PACKAGE!!! THE VOICE, LOOKS, THE BRAIN!, PLAY INTRUMENTS AND OF COURSE, PERSONALITY!. HE'S THE RIGHT MAN FOR THE JOB. TAYLOR WHO IS RIGHT. COMMON.. A FOURTH RUNNER UP SURPASSED HIS FAME, WHAT FAME. LOL. NOW TO BEAT KELLY AND CARRIE.. THAT'LL BE A LITTLE TOUGH. BUT I WILL SAY THAT I DIDNT LIKE HIM AT FIRST, AND HE WON ME OVER. AND HE'LL DEFINTALY SURPASS CLAY AND THATS ABOUT IT.. BUT NOONE BEATS DAUGHTRY!!! AS ARCHE-LOSER GOES, HE'S GONNE BE EITHER A NEXT JOSH GROBAN.. OR A NEXT JOHN MAYER, JUST WITH A VOICE AND HOPEFULLY BETTER MUSIC. BUT HE WAS EVEN MORE ANNOYING THAN MELINA DOLITTLE... MY PICKS, KELLY, CARRIE, DAUGHTRY, AND DAVID COOK. CONGRATS DC!!!!!

merry

I was betting on David Cook to win from the first time I heard him sing. He certainly deserves the title of being number one on this show, and I am looking forward to hearing/buying his music, as a matter of fact, I can't wait!!!!! David Archultta is very talented too, only his talent, IMO, belongs on Broadway or at Disney Studios, background music for movies and such, not Idol worthy, yet. He is young, maybe if he applies his talented vioce to more suitable music he could become mainstream like David Cook, the fact is , Archuletta won't sell records.

tracy

david cook is AMAZING. i'm really glad he won. i have no doubt that he'll succeed.

Tori

How could people think that a kid who constantly forgets the words to songs should have won Idol? Dumbasses. Cook was the right guy to win.

James Wm. Boles

David--David my man,so many congrats on beating the other David.I really need to ask you a question I broke my neck three years ago m 52 years old and hardly know much about mp-3 players or any thing really high tech.I am on a very limited income from a pension I receive from the neck injury.I love =love the way you did Billie Jean from Michael Jackson,and I was wondering if you could send me a copy of it and some of your other American Idiol music.Music is really the only joy I get these days as moving is way-way to painful.If you could spare it for me since I know I can never afford any kind of luxury like your music,much less the essentials like food and such.I just thought maybe you could get me some of your music ,you are an awesome ,going places kind of guy and I am so happy you auditioned here in Omaha.You sure picked the right place..My name is J.Wm.Boles PO BOX 111055 Omaha.Nebraska 68111.Thank you David for anything you might be able to do.I will be watching your great career for a very long time.Believe me if it were passable I would send you lots of cash as your worth it! Being on social security sucks-sucks - sucks theres never enough.

Star

RAZZY... WELL SAID I AGREE WITH EVERYTHING YOU SAID. THE ONLY REASON PEOPLE THOUGHT ARCHIE WAS THE FAV IS BECAUSE THE JUDGES LIKED HIM SO ASSUMED HE WOULD WIN.. I WANT TO SEE A PERFORMANCE WITH COOK AND DAUGHTRY TOGETHER...!!!

Caitlyn

Seroiusly, David Archuleta belongs on the Disney channel, not on my radio or on my mtv. David Cook deserved it more than anyone else. Archuleta doesn't have a personality, He's not eloquent, and he's too baby faced. Disney channel.

David Cook was absolutely the right choice, America!

Fran M.

I really resent the idea that "nortel" presented, i.e.,you have to be under 50 to have enjoyed David Cook. What I found incredible was the boy's sex appeal, confidence (always sexy), and singing talent. Is David A. talented? You bet he is! But when I think of the word Idol, I think of "BIG" stars. David A. is a darling boy. Sweet, talented, and young. But that was it! I work at a University and everyone, from 18 to 58 (like I am) went for Cook. There was just a star quality about him. I will buy a CD by him, and I wouldn't buy a David A. CD. At least not yet. I look forward to his developing some maturity and think that he will do very well. I think that David A will do better as a Broadway performer, rather than a pop idol.

People got it right with David Cook. What a guy!

What wonderful talents there were this year. Thanks for the entertainment A.I.

B

I LOVE David Cooks songs and voice! I hope he has a WONDERFUL SUCCESSFUL career and I wish the same for David A. He is so cute and has a great voice too. It was a great Finale. Thanks to both guys!