Hulk's Emancipation Proclamation

5/25/2008 5:32 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

For reasons that defy explanation, Hulk Hogan explained to his son Nick that he thought it would be a good idea for him to be emancipated, so that he can "make his own decisions."
Click to hear
Because that has worked out great so far.

Gigi

Wow this family is becoming more and more shady by the day. IMO, I think Matt's poor family wouldn't be entitled to the major $$ and that Linda wouldn't be entitled to child support if nick were to be emancipated. I'm not a lawyer but that's just my guess. Can't believe that Hulk is trying to make being emancipated sound like it would be this great experience for nick when all Hulk is really trying to do is Cover his ass...ets!

jen

Lets see.....Nick has made SUCH good choices in the past.....yeah, lets emancipate him! Gee.....and that would mean that Linda and Terry arent responsible for judgements against him.......HAHA....SURPRISE!!!! Since the offense occured while Nick was still under his parents control......guess who STILL has to pay.....nice try Terry.....you are STILL going to owe the parents of that boy money.....even if Linda really DOES divorce you.....she will still have to pony up too.....unless you have transfered money into a Swiss bank or an off shore account......you are screwed dude!

pwall

I live in the same county as Nick and I was emancipated when I was 16 so I get move out and get the lease in my name. It took a few months, they first assign you a guardian ad litem from the state to investigate and make sure you ARE capable to support yourself PHYSICALLY and FINANCIALLY.

They also want to know that you are doing this for positive purposes and they interview random people in your life to see if they think it's for the best or not. Both parents have to agree too.

If he is granted an "EMANCIPATION OF MINOR" then it means his charge would be off his record and his adult record starts, the parents are no longer held responsible for Nick (legally, financially, etc.) and he could choose to live with either parent he wants and neither parent is able to claim CHILD SUPPORT, which has to be the reason divorce attorneys suggested this idea.

I wonder if the attorneys found or could find a loophole to get Nick out of county and off probation early??

Let it Be

It wouldn't appear that either the son, Nick; nor his dad will have a whole lot going in their favor by the end of a trial.

pwall

DJJ - Department of Juvenile Justice

Litia

Yeah, I'm sure it is so he can make his own decisions! More like Hulk Hogan won't have to pay child support to his ex-wife. So transparent. These two grown adults are using thier son as a sounding board to complain about eachother. This will backfire for Linda as her son will not bite the hand that feeds him!

gwen

Poor dumb Nick..I would be thinking if I were him (and had brains) that there has to be some reason for the "emancipation" idea. hmmmm..what could my dad be thinking to come up with this idea just a few months before I am 18? What will be the benefit for my mom and dad if I do this because I know I can always get a hold of one of them to help..hmm..
I wonder why my dad is suggesting this!!!?
Those are some of the things I would be wondering if I was poor dumb Nick but Nick is dumb and Terry is most certainly getting something out of emancipating his son..I actually think this is a case of distancing himself from Nick and releiving himself of any responsibilities or decisions that will alert the public to Terry's involvement. If Nick does do this and foolishly trries to get a lighter sentence, the Hogans can and will say "they had nothing to do with it because Nick is emancipated"..they are throwing him under the bus and this guy is to stupid to recognize that. There is no sense in doing this when he is so close to the age of majority...Nick, emancipated is for the parents..not for Nick. So it begins, the familiy is trying to distance themselves from Nick....Keep up the good work TMZ, I feel you are gaining my respect by helping the public see what remorseless sociopaths the Hogans are. They know about these tapes and they are trying to find a way out..and someone obviously told them to let Nick look the fool by signing and beggng and cring to the judge...so obvioius

Shawn

I really truly don't think there is anything wrong with Nick Hogan that couldn't be solved with a good old fashioned prison gang rape. Just saying......

Mongo

Looks like its time to give back that father of the year award.

LAME

41. Give me a break. First of all, there is no way a judge is going to allow it. Nick will have to prove without a doubt that he is able to take responsibility for his actions. First of all, Nick has not, provided for himself, his own home, money and no JOB. I still think these tapes are fake and its all about the money. Or Hulk Hogan needs to fire his lawyers or look up the legality for emancipation. What an idiot.

Posted at 9:29PM on May 25th 2008 by Renee

My niece tried to get emancipated in So. Florida at 17, but being she was going to be 18 in a few months the Judge wouldn't even entertain the idea.

They are actually going to try and get Nick emancipated because they are TOO BUSY to take care of the responsiblities of their JUVINILE SON (they like to keep referring him as that) - The Judge would be a whack job if he even allowed that request to reach his desk. Like someone earlier posted it takes months to process! His b-day is like 8 weeks away!!!

And Terry thinks Linda's lawyers are giving her bad advise for more $$!!!! What an idiot!

wake-up

They want Nick emancipated so THEY CAN GIVE THEIR MONEY TO NICK, AND SO WHEN JOHNS FAMILY GOES AFTER THE HULK, THE HULK AND HIS WIFE WILL CLAIM THEY HAVE NO MONEY? I don't feel sorry for Nick. While I blame his parents for their negligence, NICK is a spoiled brat, that obviously doesn't care about anyone but himself. They are playing this like they are the victims. For Linda to tell Nick he shouldn't be in jail over a car accident. He got off easy. And unfortunately, Nick will never realise the reality, and just become more arrogant, with parents pitying them. I wil not watch their show ever, unless they say ever penny will go to John.

butterfly

YOU KNOW THE WHOLE TIME THIS STORY HAS STARTED I REALLY DIDN'T HAVE NE-THING AGAINST HULK B-CUZ I GUESS I NEVER HEARD A WORD FROM HIM UNTIL NOW W THE PHONE CONVERSATIONS, I JUST CAN'T GET OVER HOW THESE PARENTS R TELLING NICK WHAT TO DO OR WHAT THEY ARE GOING TO DO FOR HIM & TO ME IT SEEMS THAT HULK REALLY DON'T WANT TO BE BOTHERD W ANT OF THIS MESS BOUT HIS SON... DIDN'T HULK BUT THE BEER FOR THESE KIDS TO DRINK ???? MAYBE HE'S TRYING TO KEEP HIS ASS FROM GETTIN INTO TROUBLE... THIS WHOLE FAMILY IS SICK...SICK, SICK, SICK, ...........

BondageBarbie

So tacky,thay are beyond slimy!

kathy

It has something to do with getting Nick out of prison, to some sort of house arrest, but not with the Bolleas. The court needs to know that Nick will not have Hulk Hogan making decisions for him since Hulk is seen as a contributor to Nicks behavior. The Bollea's primary focus right now is getting nick out of that cell. So nick says I want nothing more to do with my bad family, they made me a bad boy, the judge has sympathy, sends him to live with a court appointed family under house arrest, and bingo, the Bolleas got what they wanted.

Standing by the edge

It's not going to happen. It's takes months to go through all the channels, if it is even accepted, and by then Nick will already be 18. All any judge has to do is hear this tape and know that it isn't Nick's idea to become emancipated, which is probably at the top of the criteria list. Nick doesn't even understand or know why it's being brought up. Plus any judge would be suspicious as to the motives for such an action at this time, with the kid being incarcerated and all. Nice try, ExLax (Hulk).