« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

NBA Star Popped for Pot

5/25/2008 6:01 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jpakim NoahPolice arrested Chicago Bulls forward Joakim Noah early this morning on charges of possession of marijuana and having an open container of alcohol.

According to a police spokesman, Noah, the son of flamboyant tennis great Yannick Noah, was spotted by an officer on a sidewalk holding a plastic cup containing an amber drink, a violation of city law. Cops later found pot on him during a search at the police station.

He could face up to six months in jail and a $500 fine for the marijuana charge.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Whale

hey number 36, a little grammatical error is fine espcially when the person making it is from NY and has a 3.9 GPA in college. I 'm not writing a term paper, this is TMZ, I don't need to check my grammar. WTf is wrong with u, who said anything about crack?? Why would the farmer from Mcdonalds farms (Mcdonald a freaking fast food restaurant, Mac Donalds?? Maybe??) need to save me?? LoL Are you retarded?? I come to tmz all the time when I'm bored. If there's not many stories, I enjoy, like most people, reading posts. SHame on You for reading these posts you freaking hick.

Whale

# 42, ur an idiot too. Your probably an alcoholic red neck bible thumper who fuqqs his sister. You probably live in Kentucky in a trailer with your cheap lap top computer. I am not a smoker (cigarettes sometimes) and I especially not a drinker (gross). I am just aware of the effects of marijuana (I worked at a hospital) and I take in facts. I'm not an ignorant person like the people who say stuff like: "o idiot, he smokes." I'd say, "o idiot, he drinks. When he gets older hes going to get serosis of the liver!!" Take in the facts before you knock someone as trashy. I know alot of successful lawyers, a doctor, and other business owners who smoke pot and do not have a record. Read on marijuana from an unbiased report and stop being ignorant. Cigarettes is bad too but once you start that ur screwed.

The Truth

Are you serious? He was drinkin a beer out of a plastic cup on
the sidewalk? What city was he in? Did the cops have nother better to
do? They couldnt find any drug dealers? Then they found a
little weed on him, what like a joint?!? Who cares, Weed is illegal
b/c thats the only way they make money off of it. He shouldnt be
charged with anything. The whole thing is bulls***. Hes not even in season! Thats like gettin in trouble at work while u were off the clock!

hmmm..

This guy got the worst features of black & white . Ugly combination. Apparently not too bright either.

Lissy

Joakim is AMAZING. That offense is no big deal, and I can't even believe you people are acting as if it were....

... and if you know him so little to call him an "E" list celebrity... than why waste your time commenting on him?

"deusch chill"

GO GATORS

Lissy

p.s. it's "you're losers.. not 'your'..."

and it took a pot smoker to clear that up for you.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4