That's Dr. Beatle to You

5/26/2008 3:19 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Paul McCartney got an honorary Doctorate of Music from Yale University this afternoon, pissing off Heather Mills who is now missing out on that "doctor" money.

Yale has produced some of the great music legends, like Elvis, Sinatra, Prince, the other three Beatles, and Smokey Robinson. Actually, none of them went there, but Ezra Sims (composer, microtonal music) is an alum. Exactly.

Nicole

I THOUGHT HE WAS STILL CRYING ON HIS PILLOW OVER HIS DIVORCE SETTLEMENT.

Twinker

Funny how the Beatles have conformed to the very institutions they used to reject.

Just call me trailer trash....

who cares

anna

Sad how someone like this gets a diploma with no University work whatsoever, while others work for years to get a degree. Yeah, I know he earned this through his musical success, but it still isnt really right.

Virginia

remember when tommy Lee of Motley Crue went to college on that silly realty show a couple years or so ago? He said he was lost in the college musical prgram becaseu he didnt really know how to read music. I know many famous musical artists cant reead music, but giving someone a degree like this is , I agree, not really fair, paul does seem like a friendly guy, at least, he appears to be waving to fans in th video. Give him credit for that.

jfp

A lot of people dropped out of school/society and didn't think you needed to be able to read music because of the Beatles.

J BIGGS

Long live Paul. His music has changed the world for generations to come.

Gia

Good for Paul. He deserves this.

Qumran

I was there to see Paul receive his degree! After three long years I got my Masters from Yale today, so shout out to myself and Paul McCartney, members of the Class of 2008. I felt bad for Paul because the President's introductory speech about him was nothing but Beatles jokes. The poor man have heard every Beatles joke under the sun countless times.

Just call me trailer trash....

this old turd doesn't deserve a diploma....he didn't earn it....so he was a beatle 50 years ago, whooopeeee doooo

he's like a god over there...........spare me the only thing this guy has earned is a wheelchair

he should have his youngest daughter DNA tested cuz that hoser he was married to probably got herself some young stud while married to this old fool

no fool like an old fool

Concerned my country is slipping away because of the like of Harvey Levin

I keep forgetting that HARVEY LEVIN the BONEHEAD and the TMZ Zombies
HAVE TO Hold Everyone ACCOUNTABLE to know EVERYTHING at all times about EVERYTHING

I keeping forgetting that these are the NEW RULES and THE LAW that TMZ has CREATED.
It is written and SHALL BE OBEYED AT ALL TIMES as we are all living in FEAR FROM HARVEY

I am SORRY HARVEY...Please FORGIVE ME and do not come after MY CHILDREN as they do not know what they do since the TV and INTERNET was taken away

Going after BEATLES too...classy

hannah

i don't see the big deal. either way, he's still gonna be filthy rich and have a some sort of income with/without the degree.
he's paul mccartney. get over it.