Cook Won't Kim and Tell!

5/27/2008 8:31 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

For someone with such a big voice, David Cook didn't have jack to say about his meat summit with Kimberly Castoff Caldwell the other night when we asked him about it at JFK yesterday.

In other news, who knew that both "AI" Davids -- Archuleta and Cook -- were both left handed? That's just weird, people.

Lonnie

I knew they were both left handed. I made a comment to my friend about it on finale night. Cook was playing guitar with his left hand and Archuleta was holding the mic with his left hand also.

jfp

He's at 14.9 minutes I'd say. So long pudgy.

Edumacated

"2. He confirmed that he has a girlfriend on Regis and Kelly this morning. And it is Kim Caldwell. Interesting.

Posted at 12:40PM on May 27th 2008 by Chris"

He didn't exactly say she was his girlfriend. Reege asked if he was dating anyone and he said, "Actually, I got a chance to go on a date recently." Reege asked with whom and he said Kim Caldwell (I loved it that Regis had no idea who she was). David said they went to Ruth's Chris Steahouse and that they would probably hang out again together. He looked a little smitten when discussing her. He seems nice, but on that silly Idol Tonight show I find HER beyond annoying. She never stops preening for the camera. I think he can do a lot better (someone more genuine).

Why?

Also they are 8 days and 8 years apart. That is weird.

melissa

I smell a PR relationship. A really bad one. And if it's not then David Cook has already begun his journey to famewhoredom.

I'm disappointed. I thought he had the class and integrity of Daughtry but he's just another phony. And, apparently, getting VERY bad advice.

I wish I could get back the hours of voting but at least I can keep my money from not buying his CD.

Cindy

I think it should have been a tie. They both deserved to win. Good luck to both David's.

#1cookfan

Kim Caldwell??????????? No way - YUCK - he can do soooo much better. She is fake and will only bring him down.

#1cookfan

Didn't he also go on a date with the girl from "So you think you can dance"???

Actually, I like the idea

I think they make a cute couple. Leave them alone! Remember what it's like to go on a first date? Breathe......

elvisried

PLEASE DAVID STAY AWAY FROM THAT SKANK. I AM A 65 YEAR OLD WOMAN SO THIS IS NOT OUT OF JEAOUSLY. I AM ALSO A BLUE SPRINGS NATIVE AND I WANT YOU TO KEEP ON MAKING US PROUD. SORRY BUT SHE SEEMS TO A PRETTY BAD REP. I THOUGHT SHE ACTED LIKE A HO WHEN SHE WAS ON AI. READ ALL THE BLOGS, PLEASE.

Cook Fan

Why should we judge who he chooses to date? I hope he had a great time and doesn't let the negative people get to him.

For those who don't like Cook, you sure do spend a lot of time keeping up with him and posting comments. :-)

hello, it

A great singer and a gentleman as well.

Diana

Really?? The guy JUST wins American Idol, is on every tv talk show, his career is about to take off and he PROMOTES HIS PRIVATE LIFE? Un-f-ing-believable! Doesn't he know 1/2 his votes were because he was single? Knowing that American Idol and Simon Fuller practically owns him for the next year, I have a hard time believing his "date" and the paparazzi that "just happened" to be outside the restaurant weren't planned up the wazoo. Bad, bad timing, David.

HinsleyF

Yup, for a guy who comes across as so bright and articulate, he's making a huge mistake talking about his private life when HE JUST WON. As someone said above, a good deal of his fan base - and voters - are girls obsessed with him as a "single" guy. Sad or not, millions of girls will think they have some sort of random chance with him, so him talking about this new gf will only lose him fans. I know it's ridiculous, but he needs to learn how to play the game. Especially since it's Kim Caldwell who doesn't have the BEST public perception. Ever watch her on the show? Dingy doesn't begin to describe it. I have already seen hundreds of comments everywhere from Cook fangirls who are thinking less of him for dating Caldwell...and blabbing about it on Regis and Kelly for pete's sake. David, listen to your handlers right now!!!

rachel

David Cook who?
See the Sanjaya entry
When is the next season so we can go through the motions of picking another no talent?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments