Cook Won't Kim and Tell!

5/27/2008 8:31 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

For someone with such a big voice, David Cook didn't have jack to say about his meat summit with Kimberly Castoff Caldwell the other night when we asked him about it at JFK yesterday.

In other news, who knew that both "AI" Davids -- Archuleta and Cook -- were both left handed? That's just weird, people.

323bcn

I LOVE DAVID COOK. He can do much better than Kimberly Caldwell, that girl is annoying. By the way David Cook has tremendous talent, anyone with half a brain can hear that.

ashley

I deleted David Cook off as a friend on MySpace after I read about this. I thought he wanted to be an artist, not a celebrity. Boy, did he have me fooled. At least he'll have a job on the TV Guide channel when his 15 minutes of fame is up.

Dee

The people here saying they want to take back there votes are just down right ignorant. What difference does it matter WHO he dates - it's none of our business. What do you expect him never to go near anyone ever again??? He's goignt o be a monk so the teenie boopers can cantinue to dream about things that will never happen. No matter who he picks people will have bad things to say. All the delussional teenie boppers out there need to wake up ...DAVID WILL NEVER DATE YOU ...so let him be and let him try to have a normal life at this point. None of your business who he dates - doesn't change how talented he is ...those saying they deleted him and want there votes backs are apparently immature selfish teenie boopers!

Melinda

OOOMMMGGG!!! Have u seen her Maxim shoot?Dude,I'm not into chicks,but...daaaamn!............

Kathie is a phony

Ok DEE...what makes you think all the negative comments are from teeny boppers? Got news for you Einstien....us old folks hate him too!

Amanda

Dee, I'm not a teeny and your post is assinine. You're assuming people who would take back their votes want him for themselves. I don't but I did think he wanted to be legit and not someone who would jump on the celebrity band wagon. My vote went to David because I thought he seemed sincere when he said he was not looking for fame. I feel a bit played when the first thing he does is ask someone out on tv and then have cameras around shooting the whole date. Yuck.

The person who benefits the most is Kim Caldwell because it put her name in the front pages where she's always wanted it but never could get it there with any legitimate talent. Maybe Joe Simpson is her father.

Alina

NOT SUPRISED....IAM SURE THEY PLANNED TO BE OUT AND ABOUT AND THEY KNOW THEY'LL BE FOLLOWED SO THEY KNOW THEY WANNA GET FAMOUS AND BE FOLLOWED...ITS FUNNY THE REALLY RICH & FAMOUS PEOPLE DONT LIKE TO BE FOLLOWED NOR TALK TO PEOPLE...BUT THEY ONES WHO WANT THE ATTENTION KNOW WHAT TO DO.

John

Um, this guy has no talent and his time is up. Hang it up, TMZ.

Dee

Guys I agree with you all. I re-read my original comments and I didn't say he was right for what he did. I said the ones saying they wanted to take back votes and kill themsleves cuz hes dating a girl other than themsleves(I see it all over the internet) are delussional teenie boopers and need to get a life. I wasn't addressing the rest of you that obviously have good opinions here on the topic.

I never said I agree with David. What he did was stupid and its YUCK for me. He used his exit interviews to announce his love life, it doesn't get any worse than that. He picked someone with a slated reputation. He has pissed off thousand of fans (sadly to say the delussional fans) that will now no longer support him and buy his album when it's released. He really stepped in S*** coming off the jump as I see it.

It's disappointing and I can not believe that his PR people and handlers haven't strangled him to death, whom are doing all the hard work, for David to just ruin it for them. It's disrespecful to his fans and people he works with do do this sort of thing at this time (just winning Idol and presenting yourself to the public as the REAL you). I still am shocked that he would be so stupid to do this at this time. THE TIMING IS WAY BAD!!!

I agree guys I really do. David keep you mouth sht and keep your personal life to yourself, This 'date' could have really messed up the start of his career.

Amanda

You keep saying "delusional fans", Dee. I think you're missing the point. Some teenagers (and adults) might have a crush on David and might have fantasies about meeting him but that doesn't make them "delusional". I think "disillusioned" is a better word. He represented himself as bright, career minded, and humble. Pimping out his love life seconds after he napped millions of votes seems immature and rather ho-ish. I think most of his fans expected him to be less celeb - more true artist and are disappointed that he now falls into the "fame is enough" catagory. It has nothing to do with wanting/having a girlfriend. It has everything to do with how classy we THOUGHT he was.

Pls don't make me feel sorry for Ryan!

David Cook: I had the feeling he was not a typical rocker guy -- that is, prone to getting sucked in by the skanks and already thinking with the wrong head!! He can have all the talent in the world, but it'll get him only a few more minutes of fame with his fans by dating Hollywood wanna-be trash like KC. He needs to keep a low profile concernng his private life.

He needs serious public relations management after this boner move! Where are the AI advisors? aren't they supposed to guide him?
I'm not a teenie booper either! just a disappointed fan.

Karen

Kim Caldwell?? Trashy choice David-- not good at all for his image. Please AI get a hold of him before he screws up his career any more.

ronnie

David is 25 and Kim is 26. I also felt like this was a PR thing, why talk about so soon and why when no one else has asked him about personal life when Regis asked him so directly like it was a setup. why did he ask her out on TV.
Although he did look smitten on Regis. If it is a PR thing, why her? and was it to keep so many girls away while he is on tour ???? I love him and wanted him to concentrate on his album and career as he is so talented, I think he could top Carrie Underwod on sales, etc. if he reallyy tries.

Pls don't make me feel sorry for Ryan!

I think the fans’ disappointment of DC is not about some ridiculous fantasy about being with him. That’s absurd. For example, the fans knew Daughtry was married, and that was no big deal. He’s with an average decent/supportive woman … and all’s okay with the fans. I love and buy his music all the time.

The issue here has to do with what Kim Caldwell (and other starlets) represents – truly an embarrassment to what we perceived was an authentically nice young man, such as David. She doesn’t have a stellar reputation … she is the epitome of the Hollywood superficiality, which is not how we viewed David at all as we were voting week after week. That’s the disappointing part.

AI is a gift to David, though admittedly he worked hard for the title. But sometimes we are given gifts for a reason. Note how there’s so much attention these days given to the disease of cancer across the country with Patrick Swayze being sick, Sidney Pollak’s death, Ted Kennedy, and the list goes on and on. David’s personal family experience with this disease is a god-given opportunity to make a contribution to one of the most important health issues of our time … instead of chasing the Hollywood skanks around. If he's the real deal, he'll get on the correct path quickly ... you watch.

hannah

I agree with you Pauline. I don't have any fantasy about wanting Cook for myself. He's not even my type. But I voted for him because I thought he was authentic and not a poser. The whole thing seems weird to me. I can't believe he wouldn't be smart enough to a) know what a skanky reputation Caldwell has and b) jump on the first va ja ja he could find and c) do it in front of all the women who just voted his pudgy ass into the winning spot and would have no doubt bought his record. Superficial is right! I still have a hard time believing this wasn't planned by some retard who thought it would boost attention to him. Maybe he was played by Caldwell and her peeps.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments